Adventure of the Seas August 3-9, 2019. The Oddball Musings of KMom.

59 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

How was your Christmas cruise on Adventure with your nice 14 year old?

It was great! We really enjoyed the atmosphere during Christmas on the ship. It was very thoughtful of Royal to include Hanukkah as well as Christmas worship and activities throughout the cruise and the decorations were beautiful. My husband and son had a good  time on the Flowrider and we made some fun friends in the Diamond Lounge and jacuzzi that we ended up spending some time with at the ports. A+ cruise! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zanydoc said:

It was great! We really enjoyed the atmosphere during Christmas on the ship. It was very thoughtful of Royal to include Hanukkah as well as Christmas worship and activities throughout the cruise and the decorations were beautiful. My husband and son had a good  time on the Flowrider and we made some fun friends in the Diamond Lounge and jacuzzi that we ended up spending some time with at the ports. A+ cruise! 

Wonderful, glad to hear the great news that you enjoyed the experience and the holidays aboard!

11 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Hi again CJ. You must be ramping up for your cruise now. Bon voyage and I hope you'll come back and share your impressions of the fabulous JS 1624 and the cruise overall!  

Yes, ma'am! Five weeks from today we fly into Ft. Lauderdale from Pittsburgh and board the next day. I doubt I'll do a live review because I'm just not that good with my phone and am not taking a laptop, but I plan on doing one once I return. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CJDepew said:

Yes, ma'am! Five weeks from today we fly into Ft. Lauderdale from Pittsburgh and board the next day. I doubt I'll do a live review because I'm just not that good with my phone and am not taking a laptop, but I plan on doing one once I return. 

Awesome! I will look for your review sometime later this spring!!!!!! Can't wait. 🙂 

I am not a live reviewer type by any means either. Unless I am planning to do a post-cruise review, I barely remember to get out my phone to take photos, much less to be live broadcasting anything! In fact more than anything, I appreciate that fact about doing a review. I appreciate having the hundreds of photos that I wouldn't have bothered to take otherwise.  And then the photos themselves prompt me on the review to remember a lot of details that likely would have been discarded quickly in my own cluttered brain.  I learned that from Harry Fat / Cheapo Dad, a wonderful and hilarious reviewer here on the boards who does incredible reviews with zillions of pics.  He says "data is cheap, and the moment is fleeting. Even if you ever go back in the future, it won't be the same so snap the photos NOW!"

2 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Awesome! I will look for your review sometime later this spring!!!!!! Can't wait. 🙂 

I am not a live reviewer type by any means either. Unless I am planning to do a post-cruise review, I barely remember to get out my phone to take photos, much less to be live broadcasting anything! In fact more than anything, I appreciate that fact about doing a review. I appreciate having the hundreds of photos that I wouldn't have bothered to take otherwise.  And then the photos themselves prompt me on the review to remember a lot of details that likely would have been discarded quickly in my own cluttered brain.  I learned that from Harry Fat / Cheapo Dad, a wonderful and hilarious reviewer here on the boards who does incredible reviews with zillions of pics.  He says "data is cheap, and the moment is fleeting. Even if you ever go back in the future, it won't be the same so snap the photos NOW!"

I love to take photos, but end up with a jumble of them because half are on my phone and the other half from my camera. I try to get them sorted in chronological order but somehow always screw it up between the two devices. 

Most likely I'll do the review in a few separate chunks starting the day after we get home. My memory is freshest then, before I have to head back to work, and get tortured by the real world again.

• Haha 1