Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Barwick Cruiser

Potato chips anywhere?

Recommended Posts

We'll be on the Solstice in December and are wondering if anyone has seen potato chips available anywhere onboard?  We enjoy munching chips with our drinks occasionally but haven't seen them on the ships except for the little yet expensive cans of Pringles in the mini bar.  Am I missing them or are they just not available?  I know I can always bring on my own but thought the bars or oceanview might have them that I've missed seeing...TIA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

We'll be on the Solstice in December and are wondering if anyone has seen potato chips available anywhere onboard?  We enjoy munching chips with our drinks occasionally but haven't seen them on the ships except for the little yet expensive cans of Pringles in the mini bar.  Am I missing them or are they just not available?  I know I can always bring on my own but thought the bars or oceanview might have them that I've missed seeing...TIA!

 

Yes, in the MDR near the soup and sandwich station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, nikel said:

 

Yes, in the MDR near the soup and sandwich station.

Do you mean the Oceanview cafe? 

Edited by davekathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mast Grill usually some small bags of Lay's potato chips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, davekathy said:

Do you mean the Oceanview cafe? 

 

OOPS.... that what I meant, sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nikel said:

 

OOPS.... that what I meant, sorry

 

11 minutes ago, korryp said:

Mast Grill usually some small bags of Lay's potato chips.

Thanks, will check both places!!  Haven't seen them at either of those before so obviously didn't look well enough!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

 

Thanks, will check both places!!  Haven't seen them at either of those before so obviously didn't look well enough!  

Yes, they are usually poured out in a big bowl next to the soup with tongs for serving.  But, if  they do not have them out, just ask.  One time when no chips were out, they went back behind the scenes to check. They came out with a BIG bag and told me to take the whole bag back for the cabin and enjoy throughout the cruise! One example how Celebrity aims to please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are potato chips at the sandwich station in the OVC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have found so many things are available but not necessarily “out on display”.  Extra sauces and condiments; clotted cream for the scones in the afternoon; all sorts of nuts and crisps/chips (one evening we asked if they had any pecans or macadamia nuts when having a drink and every evening thereafter a full bowl came to our table with our drinks). The question is, when do you stop asking!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In addition to the above I have seen Pringles (if you consider these potato chips) in the gift shop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The liquor store usually has a small offering of chips, candy, choc , pretzels...very pricey!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We always buy a bag or two for snacking when  we get off at a port. If you don't open them the inflated bags keep them from getting crushed in your carry on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have often sat on my balcony with a drink wishing I had some crisps (UK for potato chips 😂) to nibble on. Now I know where to go and look for a supply ( too mean to pay the silly price for Pringles in the shop). Thank you 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MEcruzr said:

Room service will also deliver chips!

What????  That is perfect!  Never seen it on the menu..do you have to be in a Suite or something?  We can only afford lowly balconies 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just ask when calling room service. I always ask for things when not finding.  I also ask waiters are matre de for special deserts ie lemon meringue pie.  Coconut things etc.  almost every time I have been accommodated.  Tho they never have Blantons bourbon any more.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bikerunner said:

 Tho they never have Blantons bourbon any more.   

That stinks! (😉 I will somehow survive, but I do like me some Blanton's...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 6:51 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I have seen Pringles (if you consider these potato chips) in the gift shop

I do!  But I expect they incur a charge if in the gift shop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

I do!  But I expect they incur a charge if in the gift shop?

 

I think they were around $8 for a regular can on Reflection :classic_ohmy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Oceanview has fantastic large tortilla chips in the bread section. I know they are not potato chips, but they are thin and crispy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

What????  That is perfect!  Never seen it on the menu..do you have to be in a Suite or something?  We can only afford lowly balconies 😏

 

Chips or fries are an option with the sandwiches/burger... so just tell the that all you want is a large serving of potato chips. In a suite just ask your butler and you can get all the chips your heart desires. LOL You can also check the poolside grill for chips. I often go there and grab a plate with snacks for happy hour on the verandah. Oh, and bring some ziplock baggies with you, for saving snacks for later.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MEcruzr said:

 

Chips or fries are an option with the sandwiches/burger... so just tell the that all you want is a large serving of potato chips. In a suite just ask your butler and you can get all the chips your heart desires. LOL You can also check the poolside grill for chips. I often go there and grab a plate with snacks for happy hour on the verandah. Oh, and bring some ziplock baggies with you, for saving snacks for later.  

Great idea!  Thx..would work for the candies at the ice cream bar as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is really a ship by ship, and a cruise by cruise "issue".  Just off the Summit.  No chips by the sandwich bar, bakery or outside grill, although they did have tortilla chips on the Mexican food buffet one port day.  I did get them from my butler in a suite, and on the last day he brought home made potato chips - which were soggy and awful but I ate them anyway.  Bring your own if this is a must have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...