Ocean view or Balcony? what would you do.

spanishguy1970

17 hours ago, tanyaewa said:

We got an ocean view once as an upgrade and ever since then I’ve had a love affair with them.  All the benefits of a balcony (almost) and the price is great.

keep the perks for a 19 day and go for the ocean view 

Yup. My partner and I always travel in Ocean views.

We love the light, and the ability to look out (and the shelf in front of the window that is wide enough for plates)

Maybe when we're richer we'll go for the balcony, but for now, we really appreciate what we can do with all the money we save by not having a balcony.

• Like 1

We usually have a balcony, but we were just on the Breakaway, Room 5210, Oceanview and really liked it.  We missed having a balcony, but the room was more open.  It was much easier getting an elevator as well as getting on and off at port.  The hallways on Deck 5 are much wider than on Deck 14.  I vote you keep your perks and give the oceanview a try.  (Note:  There are no coffeemakers in the oceanview rooms.)

• Like 1

As most people have said this is very much individual preferance. I have always felt the

oceanviews on the lower deck seemed to be quiet and with wider hallways. I have not

stayed in one recently because I tend to get seasick and walking out on the balcony

helps me with that. That said I would never book any cabin as a guarantee. I am very 

sensitive to noise and the one time I did a guarantee I ended up with a cabin very

near an outside music venue and couldn't enjoy my deck and even inside my cabin it

was loud. Only you know what is best but the suggestion to perhaps upgrade

for a small amount of money to a cabin you can choose and keep your perks sounds

attractive. If not I guess if it were me I would stay with the oceanview.