Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
dawcruiser

I have oceanview cabin Brother-in-law has suite can we eat together

Recommended Posts

We are sailing on the Armonia we have a n ocean view cabin my brother in law has a suite how can we get a table together for meals.

 

Thanks for helping.

 

 

don

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Start by linking your reservations.  If that doesn't pan out, see the maitre'd after boarding.  He can fix it up for you.  EM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, dawcruiser said:

We are sailing on the Armonia we have a n ocean view cabin my brother in law has a suite how can we get a table together for meals.

 

Thanks for helping.

 

 

don

 

I know for sure that you can eat together in the buffet or in specialty restaurants.

 

Now I have to guess! If your brother in law has an Aurea suite with "anytime dining" (I'm not sure what MSC calls it) it might be possible to be seated together, ask the maitre'd. If your brother in law is in the Yacht Club he must ask the concierge, it might be possible to arrange something.

Edited by sverigecruiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

 

I know for sure that you can eat together in the buffet or in specialty restaurants.

 

Now I have to guess! If your brother in law has an Aurea suite with "anytime dining" (I'm not sure what MSC calls it) it might be possible to be seated together, ask the maitre'd. If your brother in law is in the Yacht Club he must ask the concierge, it might be possible to arrange something.

 

There's no YC on Armonia so that's not an issue for them.

 

DC - If you both have the same experience and link your bookings, yes. However, if your BIL is an Aurea Balcony cabin or Suite, or Fantastica Suite, he will have MyChoice dining - the "anytime" dining in a separate section of the MDR.  If you do not have the Aurea experience, you will not have MyChoice dining, you'll be assigned an early or late dining time and table in the MDR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:21 PM, CruisingFox27 said:

 

There's no YC on Armonia so that's not an issue for them.

 

DC - If you both have the same experience and link your bookings, yes. However, if your BIL is an Aurea Balcony cabin or Suite, or Fantastica Suite, he will have MyChoice dining - the "anytime" dining in a separate section of the MDR.  If you do not have the Aurea experience, you will not have MyChoice dining, you'll be assigned an early or late dining time and table in the MDR.

 

Ocean view cabins on Armonia only come with the Fantastica experience, so there is a chance that if BIL has a Fantastica Suite ( they do exist on Armonia) then linking bookings will work. If he is in an Aurea Suite the you are at the mercy of the Maitre D

 

 

armonia%20cabin%20grades.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 9:27 PM, dawcruiser said:

We are sailing on the Armonia we have a n ocean view cabin my brother in law has a suite how can we get a table together for meals.

 

If your brother in law gives up his right to dine in the My Choice dining restaurant (La Pergola), you can get a table together in the Marco Polo Restaurant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Skier52 said:

 

Ocean view cabins on Armonia only come with the Fantastica experience, so there is a chance that if BIL has a Fantastica Suite ( they do exist on Armonia) then linking bookings will work. If he is in an Aurea Suite the you are at the mercy of the Maitre D

 

 

armonia%20cabin%20grades.jpg

Fantastica suites on Armonia do indeed exist and although it's not listed also receive MyChoice dining. If BIL is in a suite, with either experience he'll not be in the regular area of the MDR to dine with the OP, unless he requests to relinquish it and join the assigned dining of DC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you'll have an issue if you all agree to dine at a specific seating..  We were a group of 22 last year on the Divina and folks were all booked in different categories.  2 couples who were "eligible" for anytime dining, dined with us at the assigned seating.  However, if your b-i-l is eligible for anytime dining and he wants to stick to it, and you are not eligible, I don't know if they will accommodate you to join him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, marco said:

I don't think you'll have an issue if you all agree to dine at a specific seating..  We were a group of 22 last year on the Divina and folks were all booked in different categories.

 

Armonia is totally different from Divina. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Armonia is totally different from Divina. 

 

That my be true, but I doubt any line/any ship would MAKE you dine when and where you didn't want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, marco said:

 

Armonia is totally different from Divina. 

 

That my be true, but I doubt any line/any ship would MAKE you dine when and where you didn't want to.

 

They wouldn't make you dine anywhere.....if the 2 experiences booked are incompatible, it's simple you either eat together at the buffet restaurant or pay for specialty dining! The blame does not lie with MSC, if MDR dining cannot align with their wish to eat together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...