Amazon orders delivered to the port?

ColoradoCherry

Why are some people so concerned about how other people spend their money?  I don't feel it's any of my business if people want to spend like a drunker sailor or pinch their pennies.  It has no impact on me at all.

If I can provide input to a question I respond and keep my opinions to myself. 

• Like 3

The original post on this thread was about having Amazon deliver to a cruise ship.   Considering that there is no lobby on a cruise ship that is accessible by a delivery person, and the ship's agent is not in the business of handling deliveries for passengers, this cannot work.   Where would one stand outside the terminal waiting for an Amazon delivery ?   How long would you have to wait ?   Would port security even allow an Amazon delivery vehicle into the port ?

Some comments on this thread talk about Amazon delivery working at the hotel before your cruise.  Yes, that would work out.  They would come into the lobby and ask the front desk to page the guest to the lobby to receive the shipment.   That would work, but not directly to the ship. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

While on vacation one has to budget for some conveniences - time and money.

re: money

You missed the part in my note where I put in large font: 

"I spend just 15 minutes re-ordering the same delivery from Amazon Prime Now definitely NOT to save 'a few bucks'."

and re: convenience, where I wrote

Both on land and on a HAL cruise, it's about the huge convenience and time savings of not having to order and wait for room service for just drinks.

So, by your logic, when I'm on vacation, I should budget MORE wait time to allow for what I want to be LESS convenient.

When making it more convenient ...

- Most importantly:  saves a significant amount of my valuable vacation time SEVERAL TIMES EACH DAY, more on sea days.

- Costs almost nothing compared to the cost of the vacation.

What terrible advice and nonsense logic. 

1 hour ago, SempreMare said:

What terrible advice and nonsense logic. 

I gave no advice.

Vacations = money spent. 

On our Holland cruises we never had a long wait for service, then again we tip per round.  No way were we going to spend time walking back and forth to the cabin in order to drink a beverage.

14 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

On our Holland cruises we never had a long wait for service, then again we tip per round.  No way were we going to spend time walking back and forth to the cabin in order to drink a beverage.

It's not an all or nothing proposition.  In your example, maybe I don't want to spend my time walking back and forth to a bar in order to drink a beverage of my choosing, especially first thing in the morning.  Not to mention that many people bring on brands the ship doesn't even carry.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I ordered many things from Amazon in the recent years. I like their attitude towards customers and the prices on the most products. As far as I know you can pick up your orders on the embarkation day though you will need some documents as a proof. Several months ago I ordered a good microphone and a tactical flashlight as a gift for my friend who had his 18th birthday. He said to me later that this flashlight was one of the best gifts he received that day. So I'm glad that I decided to buy exactly this thing for him.

Edited by StanHansen

Why would anyone care what some other person does or spends on their vacation?   It seems so strange to us.  Really, we could care less if someone brings cases of water/soda on board or buys them.  Absolutely zero to do with us.  But then again, we are not busybodies.

Unlike alcohol, HAL lets you bring as much water/ soda/ juice as you can carry on board at any port. You don’t have to lug enough for the whole cruise when you board, just enough to make it to the next port with a convenience store. Pick up a small pack at each port to hold you til the next one. More expensive than Amazon, but much cheaper than on-board.

• 1 year later...

Amazon was unable to deliver to the Miami Cruise port lockers, which are outside of Terminal D, and are available 24/7, 2 days in a row for unknown reason.

Would NOT count on an Amzon delivery to miami cruise port