“LIVE” From Allure of the Seas 8/25-9/1....Third time’s a charm?

On this sailing with you. Have you heard any chatter about a delayed arrival? Heard Captain will be making a related announcement tmw mid afternoon. Guessing well be hanging out south of Cuba for a day before returning to FLL. 

Very happy to see your picture of the area under the Rising Tide, with the fountains.  Glad to know that they will be there for our November cruise.  Very disappointed that there are none like that on Symphony.  Also appreciate the shot showing someone sitting in that “public” balcony area overlooking aqua theater.  Reminded me to go there again for a different view of the aqua show.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, discru said:

Thank you for the pictures of Diamond Lounge.  I love that place...err... I loved that place.  Not looking forward to it moving.  Really stinks that they moved happy hour ALREADY!  Thank you for checking on that.  Really bummed.

i tried rereading this post but am I missing something? What do you mean “moving happy hour already!” .? We will be on Allure this October...oh, do you mean moving the Diamond lounge location?...That is not happening until 2020, I believe.

52 minutes ago, kimala said:

i tried rereading this post but am I missing something? What do you mean “moving happy hour already!” .? We will be on Allure this October...oh, do you mean moving the Diamond lounge location?...That is not happening until 2020, I believe.

Sorry. Apparently the Diamond Lounge itself has not moved yet. Not until drydock. But, the nightly happy hour event has been moved down to Blaze. I so enjoyed having happy hour in the actual lounge. It’s the prettiest lounge with the best view. Was looking forward to spending lots of time there next week. I guess now they are still serving breakfast in the lounge, and you can still hang out in there, but when happy hour rolls around you will have to go down to the Blaze for drinks and snacks. 

• Like 1

Very happy to see your picture of the area under the Rising Tide, with the fountains.  Glad to know that they will be there for our November cruise.  Very disappointed that there are none like that on Symphony.  Also appreciate the shot showing someone sitting in that “public” balcony area overlooking aqua theater.  Reminded me to go there again for a different view of the aqua show.

Love the fountains....

582336ef1d250d4298c1cc0b0b8f82bd.jpg

9d31c07d2970c1b3ebf4090a9d6d4665.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, discru said:

Sorry. Apparently the Diamond Lounge itself has not moved yet. Not until drydock. But, the nightly happy hour event has been moved down to Blaze. I so enjoyed having happy hour in the actual lounge. It’s the prettiest lounge with the best view. Was looking forward to spending lots of time there next week. I guess now they are still serving breakfast in the lounge, and you can still hang out in there, but when happy hour rolls around you will have to go down to the Blaze for drinks and snacks. 

Although Blaze is a beautiful lounge, I hope they don’t move nightly happy hour there on my 9/8 cruise.😟 I purposefully booked a cabin on deck 11; right around the corner from the Diamond Lounge. At least if they do move happy hour, I can still get my coffee and a pastry in the mornings. 

• Like 1

We had some rain very early this morning, but the sun is now out, and they are working on bringing out the deck chairs on 16

38761d312a9b76cfcb39d07751903277.jpg

8890459fc5e2dd292a84d62578d10f49.jpg

bd62801c954587ec9417ef18f310d151.jpg

We are expecting an announcement today if we will be delayed coming into FL

dc28c06626fc6f755995fb5e9b79ecb1.jpg

Towels Are out at the beach pool

c37763c1f0a05d203c6abdbc2e997524.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, perfect match said:

Thanks for doing this review, niksmom630! I’m enjoying the journey. 😀

Looking Forward to hearing about your day at Nachi. I’ve heard so many great things about the place. We are going to have to try it at some point. 🏝

We prefer Mr Sanchos Beach in Cozumel over Nachi...…..  both are similar. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

We had some rain very early this morning, but the sun is now out, and they are working on bringing out the deck chairs on 16

I LOVE the early mornings on the pool deck! So quiet & peaceful! 

1 hour ago, niksmom630 said:

bd62801c954587ec9417ef18f310d151.jpg

We are expecting an announcement today if we will be delayed coming into FL

I doubt you will make it in to Port on Sunday as planned. Dorian is now a Cat 1 hurricane & is expected to hit “somewhere” along the east coast of Florida as a Cat 3, possibly a Cat 4 late Sunday/Monday.... I feel bad for those that NEED to get off Sunday & those planning on getting on Sunday... it will be a mess.

This photo of the projected path of Dorian is from 8:00 am Thursday...  

A72D2E51-7F2F-4406-849C-346720F603FB.jpeg

We were on Oasis 2 yrs. ago when the storm hit PR & the captain kept us out for 3 extra days out of harms way.  We got 1/2 price drinks & use of the shipboard phones free to call home, airlines etc. as much as we wanted all for free, so it was really great as far as we were concerned.  They are not going to take the ship into a storm, so better to keep you all safe. Enjoy your extended vacation if it comes to that. 

• Like 1

What is the temperature like on the ship and your cabin?  In the past I've brought a wrap or light jacket for around the ship.  Is this still a good idea?  I've also seen several posts that recommend bringing a fan for the cabin as they are warm, do you recommend that as well?

I saw on the Cruise Compass that it is super hot outside, is it super humid as well? 

I'm on Allure the end of September so I'm trying to figure out what clothes to pack.

Thank you

What is the temperature like on the ship and your cabin?  In the past I've brought a wrap or light jacket for around the ship.  Is this still a good idea?  I've also seen several posts that recommend bringing a fan for the cabin as they are warm, do you recommend that as well?

I saw on the Cruise Compass that it is super hot outside, is it super humid as well? 

I'm on Allure the end of September so I'm trying to figure out what clothes to pack.

Thank you

Cabin is fine, but I like it cold. Also have the air turned all the way up. I would bring a sweater. The theatre and studio b can be cold.

I’m not used to cruising in August. It’s quite hot and humid. We are usually travel in November and February/ March.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SRV FAN said:

We prefer Mr Sanchos Beach in Cozumel over Nachi...…..  both are similar. 

Similar yes, as to being an all inclusive beach resort...close to each other...yes (easy walking distance from each other).   

But the big difference is the what group they cater to.  Nachi being limited to a smaller group, with more older folks, and quieter.  Mr. Sanchos has the family theme park type set up and takes a much bigger crowd more geared to younger folks and lots of kids.    

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1