“LIVE” From Allure of the Seas 8/25-9/1....Third time’s a charm?

On 8/26/2019 at 8:57 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

You and Vikki could be sisters.  I swear she could live for a week with the snacks she has stashed in her car.  On our drives to zFlorida I swear there’s more food than luggage in the car.

I think its one of those "mom" things.  My kids are in their 20's & live out of state but I still carry granola bars in my purse.  You just never know...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruising grandma said:

Although Blaze is a beautiful lounge, I hope they don’t move nightly happy hour there on my 9/8 cruise.😟 I purposefully booked a cabin on deck 11; right around the corner from the Diamond Lounge. At least if they do move happy hour, I can still get my coffee and a pastry in the mornings. 

Hi Kay!  🙂  

Remember when the CL was originally where the DL is now on Oasis?   The original DL was a tiny lounge just over the Promenade deck that only served coffee in the morning.  All the happy hour set up was in Blaze for the DL.  It was one of the best, never busy and could get a sit down (although limited) hot lunch and breakfast in there.  Complimentary wine and beer at lunch.  Sigh...how things change.  😞 

Same thing here...I have cabin booked on Allure for the TA 11/1/20 on deck 11...did not see the dry dock coming...sigh.  Not sure if the DL will be completely gone by then.  I loved being able to pop into the DL on 11 for coffee as well.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Similar yes, as to being an all inclusive beach resort...close to each other...yes (easy walking distance from each other).   

But the big difference is the what group they cater to.  Nachi being limited to a smaller group, with more older folks, and quieter.  Mr. Sanchos has the family theme park type set up and takes a much bigger crowd more geared to younger folks and lots of kids.    

Nachi & Mr Sanchos I don’t believe are walking distance apart. We’ve been to both.... Mr Sanchos more times... we do the AI... and it’s mostly all adults the kids most likely are in the pay as you go side. Never has it been crowded for us... we really enjoyed it much better than Nachi. The Coconut Shrimp is to die for at Mr Sanchos! We go just for that.... all you can eat & drink! 

Edited by SRV FAN
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

Nachi & Mr Sanchos I don’t believe are walking distance apart. We’ve been to both.... Mr Sanchos more times... we do the AI... and it’s mostly all adults the kids most likely are in the pay as you go side. Never has it been crowded for us... we really enjoyed it much better than Nachi. The Coconut Shrimp is to die for at Mr Sanchos! We go just for that.... all you can eat & drink! 

We were at Nachi last year, there was a family with two about 10 year olds that could see the water toys at Mr Sanchos and were not happy they were not where the toys were.  The parents did walk them over to Mr Sanchos to use some of the toys so yes it is walkable for some.

I do think it depends what you are looking for which is a better option, no one is better than the other just different.  When it just the 2 of us Nachi fits, if we have the family along Nachi is not the right place.  Not sure why some get so defensive about their choices, I am just happy we all have options to decide what makes the best sense for our needs at that point in time.

Edited by akcruz

3 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

Just got a text notification from United that our flights get might be affected by Dorian and they are waiving all change fees if we change our flight-12 noon Sunday emoji31.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You will need to.  They are not going to bring that ship in Sunday. Have a nice extended vacation!  

9 minutes ago, CruiseMomTX said:

For those of y’all boarding Sunday have you had any information from Royal?

Follow along on the Sept. 1 Allure Roll Call...……………………………..LOTS of chatter over there.

Speculation is Allure will be able to come in on Tuesday...…. 

Follow along on the Sept. 1 Allure Roll Call...……………………………..LOTS of chatter over there.

Speculation is Allure will be able to come in on Tuesday...…. 

Still no updates onboard [emoji20] I’m
Sure this is stressful for those of you planning on boarding and waiting to hear, but it’s no picnic being on the other side of it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

Still no updates onboard emoji20.png I’m
Sure this is stressful for those of you planning on boarding and waiting to hear, but it’s no picnic being on the other side of it either.

Over on the Sept 1st roll call, they (RCI) are saying now...6:00pm they will reassess the situation... they are saying the Coast Guard is in control of the ports & **if** there are gale force winds (40-50mph), they will close the port... 

Edited by SRV FAN
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 11:39 AM, niksmom630 said:

Reflection and port views...

7b04c47ce87d4968784d9f7ee56d0b66.jpg

1deac1cbe1755d410fc4909a58042d66.jpg

dee87c414eac78e9487af64ccf66dd51.jpg

Currently cooling off at the beach pool

cb2f04b9a95d1217ce4737c5e20b3d74.jpg

Not sure if i will get off today. The concept of a patty is tempting....I have lots of time to decide. We are here til 6:30

I keep seeing talk of this "patty" what is this you speak of ? We are sailing Allure in Nov and wonder if it is something we need to experience.

57 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

Just got a text notification from United that our flights get might be affected by Dorian and they are waiving all change fees if we change our flight-12 noon Sunday emoji31.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My text doesn’t tell me when I have to make my changes by. When was your flight scheduled to leave?

2 hours ago, CruiseMomTX said:

For those of y’all boarding Sunday have you had any information from Royal?

Nothing official that I've seen.  Port operation status has been changed from Whiskey to X-Ray and they anticipate change to Yankee tomorrow.  

https://assets.simpleviewinc.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/MSIB_19_018_Port_Condition_X_RAY_578e740b-075b-40ab-92e1-abbfd3f95a2f.pdf

22 minutes ago, jakeil7 said:

Depends on the ticket and airline, but I think $200 plus fare difference is the going rate. Of course, with basic fares, you cannot change at all. 

I was talking about the 10 drink card for $99.00.  🙂 

25 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Nothing official that I've seen.  Port operation status has been changed from Whiskey to X-Ray and they anticipate change to Yankee tomorrow.  

https://assets.simpleviewinc.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/MSIB_19_018_Port_Condition_X_RAY_578e740b-075b-40ab-92e1-abbfd3f95a2f.pdf

What is Z, Zebra/Zulu?  what does that one mean?

8 minutes ago, kali101102 said:

Nothing official yet.  Trying to creep other threads to see any updates. 

This was on the RCL blog message board-  Do not know if it is true or not...

Dolores Bishop 43 minutes ago

My son is on the allure right now and he said they are staying out to sea one more day.So they will be in Monday 9/2