“LIVE” From Allure of the Seas 8/25-9/1....Third time’s a charm?

This was on the RCL blog message board-  Do not know if it is true or not...

Dolores Bishop • 43 minutes ago My son is on the allure right now and he said they are staying out to sea one more day.So they will be in Monday 9/2

No announcement yet, tho one was due, according to the captain, this afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, maggieq said:

Monday is supposed to be worse conditions than Sunday. 

That's what I was thinking... does not make sense.  Hopefully know something soon.  I about ate all my Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds.  Stress eating!!  Ugh!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

Our flight is 12 pm Sunday. I also got an email

1235ddfe18411cefbab15aacf9e9ce11.jpg

44e0a735ece01b18e4b580f3afe461fb.jpg

They emailed me too but neither that nor the text told me up to what time I would be allowed to make changes.

I can’t change anything until Royal confirms what is going to happen.

• Like 1

Enjoy Cozumel.

Best of luck the rest of your cruise, and hoping your flight arrangements are easily changed. I’m sure it’s stressful for anyone onboard or those expecting to get on Allure Sunday. 

I’ve been affected by three hurricane Allure cruises, and hoping to have no problems for my 9/8 cruise.

Also wondering..... what kind of camera are you using? Your photography is fantastic!

Now I’m just annoyed. [emoji35] perhaps they really haven’t made an affirmative decision, and that’s actually ok. but the airlines have already been proactive, and the “afternoon” update promised by the captain hasn’t happened.

At minimum, he should be announcing they need more time to make a decision instead of no communication at all.

Enjoy Cozumel.

Best of luck the rest of your cruise, and hoping your flight arrangements are easily changed. I’m sure it’s stressful for anyone onboard or those expecting to get on Allure Sunday. 

I’ve been affected by three hurricane Allure cruises, and hoping to have no problems for my 9/8 cruise.

Also wondering..... what kind of camera are you using? Your photography is fantastic!

You’ll be boarding on my birthday, so I’ll be sending good vibes your way [emoji3060]

Glad you like the pictures but it’s just iPhone X photos thus far. I have my Sony a6000 but haven’t uploaded anything (maybe tomorrow) [emoji847]

41 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

Now I’m just annoyed. emoji35.png perhaps they really haven’t made an affirmative decision, and that’s actually ok. but the airlines have already been proactive, and the “afternoon” update promised by the captain hasn’t happened.

At minimum, he should be announcing they need more time to make a decision instead of no communication at all.

I just copied this from the Sept. 1st roll call... posted at 6:44 pm Thursday.... Dorian is slowing down, causing them to have to wait to make any calls...I agree, your Captain (who is the Capt?) should be keeping y’all informed... 

————————————————————————

Along with our Chief Meteorologist, James Van Fleet, we’ve been closely monitoring Hurricane Dorian, and while the storm has slowed down a bit, we continue to evaluate its path and trajectory. The American and European weather models still have the storm going two separate ways. So, we’re waiting for new weather updates, which we’ll receive later this afternoon, to better assess the storm’s strength, trajectory, and impact to our itineraries. Then, we’ll determine if your specific itinerary needs to be modified, or if it’ll remain as scheduled. Regardless, we’ll share an update with you by 3:00 PM EST tomorrow, August 30th, 2019, or sooner

Ok...this MIGHT help you make a little of an informed thought, but Royal just about 30 minutes ago notified their 3-night guests on Navigator (Miami) and Mariner (Canavral) that their ship will be leaving Friday at 4:30, but will remain out until Wednesday morning . 

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

After careful review of Hurricane Dorian’s path, we will depart as planned, but our arrival into the Port of Miami will be on Wednesday, September 4th, 2019, instead of Monday, September 2nd, 2019. We made this decision to maintain a comfortable cruise and avoid adverse weather on our way back home. Please know, your safety is our top priority and being onboard a ship is one of the safest places to be during a storm. Luckily, we can sail out to sea and navigate around inclement weather. Plus, our ships have the latest technology, satellites, communication equipment, along with a team of experts who closely monitor the weather. Consider these extra days on us! Below, please find our new itinerary.

Image did not load.

While these circumstances are beyond our control, we understand that this change impacts your vacation. If you have any pre-purchased packages like, beverage, internet, or unlimited dining, they will be extended at no additional cost. We’re also working with our airline partners regarding air change fees due to this special circumstance. Please contact your airline service provider for additional details. And, as previously shared, you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit in the value of one day of the total cruise fare paid, for missing CocoCay, as we feel that we owe you a Perfect Day. This amount will be based on the cruise fare portion, non-inclusive of taxes and fees.

While we hope you choose to stay, if you decide not to sail, we’ll provide you with a 100% Future Cruise Credit of your cruise fare paid, in hopes you’ll join us on another cruise vacation in the near future. You can expect to receive your Future Cruise Credit by Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019. Any pre-purchased items, like shore excursions or beverage packages, will be automatically refunded. And lastly, if you booked a non-refundable fare, fees will be waived.

We are truly sorry for the storm’s impact on your vacation. We appreciate your patience, understanding, and cooperation during this unexpected circumstance. We remain confident that your extended time with us will be nothing short of amazing.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Royal Caribbean

Royal Caribbean

©2018 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships' registry: The Bahamas.
Royal Caribbean International
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132 USA

Also, I will attach the Coast Guard letter from this afternoon that could provide some insight.

9E32EFA3-FA56-4E82-9C66-1D9842F42921.jpeg

D86679DD-CC67-4709-83E8-EE1AEA461C8D.jpeg

41 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

You’ll be boarding on my birthday, so I’ll be sending good vibes your way emoji3060.png

Glad you like the pictures but it’s just iPhone X photos thus far. I have my Sony a6000 but haven’t uploaded anything (maybe tomorrow) emoji847.png

My first hurricane Allure cruise(2012), we didn’t learn of anything until we arrived at the pre cruise hotel the Saturday afternoon in Ft Lauderdale for a Sunday cruise. We stayed there until ship came in on Tuesday. Then, two years ago I was scheduled on b2b Allure and ....flights and  hotel cancelled and first week’s cruise delayed until Wednesday....The coast guard or port authority closed port Everglades to any ships going or coming both times. FLL closed several days and hotels evacuated. 

I have ave an iPhone XR, but never thought my photos were that great! Guess I’ll have to play around with it more. My husband was the photographer of the family, but he passed away May 14. 

I’ll have a birthday toast to you 9/8! My birthday is the day after I disembark(9/16).

Do you know when Dexter is coming back? Do you know if Nancy will still be onboard 9/8?

Good luck with the remainder of your cruise and possible flight changes.

39 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

Reliable (HA!) sources at Guest Services tell me an announcement this evening is forthcoming emoji6.png

As someone who enjoys following big meteorology stories and keeping tabs on very smart meteorologists, landfall or not, you're going to be on that ship longer than scheduled. It's going to come too close to land one way or the other to be around that port from Saturday through Monday, if not later. Two things they seem to know, but don't know exact specifics are: 1) The storm is going to eventually jog north, but could be paralleling the coast or making landfall before this happens. 2) The track speed will be slowing down, altering the timing of things. Unfortunately neither of these details are known. This hurricane is taking a track unlike any other in the month of August or September. 

PS - This thread has been great. Thank you for it. We are on Allure on 9/22. First time on it and first time with Royal.

PPS - Royal's website says itinerary updates will be posted at 10pm EST.

Edited by Wildcard50

Sorry to hear about the lack of information, I know it has to be very frustrating for both the current and upcoming passengers.  We are closely watching as some of the models have Dorian heading up the coast towards us here in SC.  Trying to keep it somewhat light here us a good one from our local weathercaster.

FB_IMG_1567128669802.jpg

• Haha 2