Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
13cheermom

AARP Princess Gift Cards - 10% off

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Griller said:

Does a discounted price only appear if you have logged in as an AARP member?

Yes it only shows up if you login to the AARP web site and then click on the Redeem awards link and then select the Princess Gift card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/26/2019 at 12:59 PM, Pierlesscruisers said:

 

It does get tricky. Once you get on the giftcard shop page ( https://www.aarp.org/benefits-discounts/all/gift-card-11250/ ) click on the Learn More icon toward the bottom ( https://memberoffer.thegiftcardshop.com/ ) which will take you to this page ( https://memberoffer.thegiftcardshop.com/ ) Type princess into the search box at the top right and that should bring up the Princess info.

 

Tom

 

 

Thank you!  Your detailed instructions helped me find it.  I can get two $500 cards.

Edited by GottaLuvCruising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I need to find out what this AARP 'rewards' is all about ... have no clue about 'earning points' and redeeming them ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ghw said:

Anyone know how long it takes to get these gift cards once ordered?  Do they come by us postal service or Fed ex or ups?

 

Thanks

 

I received an E-mail this morning about an order placed two days ago.

 

It said " ShippedPitneyBowes" so I am not sure what way it will be coming.

 

Wording indicated that all cards ordered were in the same envelope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The link above in post#19 took me to a third party ‘trusted partner site’ named The Gift Card Shop.  It did not sell the discounted card for AARP.

 

I found the the discounted cards, for which you must apply your previously earned Rewards for Good points, at: rewards.AARP.org  

 

First you must log in to your AARP account, then in the left side three bar menu select ‘Rewards for Good’ under your name. Then just search “Princess Cruises” on the new page. $100 or $500 cards.

 

 

Edited by cherylandtk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, voljeep said:

I guess I need to find out what this AARP 'rewards' is all about ... have no clue about 'earning points' and redeeming them ...

It’s too late if you were not already a program participant in Rewards for Good.  That AARP Rewards program is undergoing big changes...check back after Sept. 24 to find out what rewards will be offered and how to qualify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ghw said:

Anyone know how long it takes to get these gift cards once ordered?  Do they come by us postal service or Fed ex or ups?

 

Thanks

Mine came in about 6 days, shipped UPS and required a signature.  I wasn't home when they attempted delivery, so I logged into the UPS site using the tracking number they left on my door and arranged to pick them up at my neighborhood UPS store which was more convenient.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, voljeep said:

I guess I need to find out what this AARP 'rewards' is all about ... have no clue about 'earning points' and redeeming them ...

 

The points you have right now will go away on 1 Sep when the new system starts so if you don't have sufficient points (1000 minimum) by now you probably won't be able to earn enough by the end of the month, but you can always try!  The points do not carry over to the new system.

 

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you happen to get your insurance through Allstate they are offering the same deal.  Bought a $500 Princess gift card for $450.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, franktown said:

If you happen to get your insurance through Allstate they are offering the same deal.  Bought a $500 Princess gift card for $450.

is it a straight up buy ... or do you have to redeem 'points' ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

 

The points you have right now will go away on 1 Sep when the new system starts so if you don't have sufficient points (1000 minimum) by now you probably won't be able to earn enough by the end of the month, but you can always try!  The points do not carry over to the new system.

 

Tom

Are you sure about the 1 Sep. date?  This is the blurb I just took off of my AARP email that was sent to me:

 

"Keep Using Your Points through Monday, September 23, 11:59 PM ET!

We’re stocking up the Rewards for Good catalog with hundreds of new rewards and prizes, so you’ll have plenty to choose from before the new program starts September 24!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, voljeep said:

is it a straight up buy ... or do you have to redeem 'points' ?

You redeem points just like the AARP offer.  It was 5000 points plus $450 for a 500 dollar gift card.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Are you sure about the 1 Sep. date?  This is the blurb I just took off of my AARP email that was sent to me:

 

"Keep Using Your Points through Monday, September 23, 11:59 PM ET!

We’re stocking up the Rewards for Good catalog with hundreds of new rewards and prizes, so you’ll have plenty to choose from before the new program starts September 24!"

 

Apparently they have changed the date, which is a good thing because I don't think the change was really very well advertised.  I know I just found out about it by accident.  Originally it did say that they would expire on 1 Sept though.  Glad that you came back here and mentioned that fact, Italy, as that may end up saving some more people 10% on the cost of some Princess gift cards!

 

Tom 

😀

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, franktown said:

You redeem points just like the AARP offer.  It was 5000 points plus $450 for a 500 dollar gift card.  

 

And the same discount (10%) on a $100 card.  The original one I saw had cards up to $2000. Don't know where they went, guess they only had a few.

 

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 5:17 AM, GottaLuvCruising said:

Thank you!  Your detailed instructions helped me find it.  I can get two $500 cards.

 

Saved you $100...HURRAY!  You knew you accumulated those points for some reason, didn't you? 😁

 

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this! I was able to get two. It's not much off  but everything is something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

 

Saved you $100...HURRAY!  You knew you accumulated those points for some reason, didn't you? 😁

 

Tom

I've used the points before for Carnival cards.  After my last Carnival cruise, I resold my remaining cards, promising I'd never sail them again (after 21 cruises with them.)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

I've used the points before for Carnival cards.  After my last Carnival cruise, I resold my remaining cards, promising I'd never sail them again (after 21 cruises with them.)  

 

Sounds as if you had a bad experience with them.  I've never cruised on Carnival but have worked at the pier loading/unloading them and from what I heard and saw, decided I'd never want to either. To be honest, going strictly by those 2 criteria is not a very good reason but since I'm happy cruising elsewhere, I've gone with it. Everybody has their own likes and dislikes! 😁

 

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting this. My final payment for a Panama Canal cruise is in about a month so I grabbed $2500 worth of gift cards and saved $250.  Not too shabby!!

 

~Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

 

Sounds as if you had a bad experience with them.  I've never cruised on Carnival but have worked at the pier loading/unloading them and from what I heard and saw, decided I'd never want to either. To be honest, going strictly by those 2 criteria is not a very good reason but since I'm happy cruising elsewhere, I've gone with it. Everybody has their own likes and dislikes! 😁

 

Tom

No, it wasn't ONE bad experience, just the last straw of their cutbacks is their sorry excuses for entertainment.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 8:28 AM, smelmel said:

I'm not finding the gift cards on AARP site & when I search for "Princess Cruises gift cards" on aarp it brings me to another site - the gift card shop (a trusted aarp website) - once there, I still find nothing for Princess gift cards - what am I doing wrong?

Look at the egift cards.  There is a category for travel and leisure.  I found it there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This morning I went back and got four of the $100 cards (in addition to my two $500 cards.)  The points are going to expire and there's no better value for us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Do the gift cards have expiration dates? If yes, how far out are the dates? Thanks

Also, do you think the gift cards can be used (when on a ship) to purchase a future cruise deposit? 

Edited by smelmel
Have another question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, awhcruiser said:

Look at the egift cards.  There is a category for travel and leisure.  I found it there.

Thanks, I found them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...