Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
MRSG29

Tropical Storm Dorian

Recommended Posts

Anyone cruising this upcoming week tracking this storm? We're scheduled to sail on the Conquest on Saturday going to all the islands in its path.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted yesterday in CC's Hurricane Zone forum:

"

Already have at least one itinerary change. Royal Caribbean’s Allure of the Seas cruise tomorrow out of Fort Lauderdale, originally scheduled as an Eastern Caribbean cruise, is now a Western Caribbean cruise with stops in Labadee, Jamaica and Cozumel. "

 

It's a good thread to look at fairly often.

 

 

 
Edited by Joe817

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 3redheads said:

They will change course.  The only concern would be if flights are affected.

You have no way to know this for certain.  The cruise MAY change its itinerary, but that would be up to the captain I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DramaQueen22 said:

You have no way to know this for certain.  The cruise MAY change its itinerary, but that would be up to the captain I believe.

You are absolutely correct. I should have said they *may* change course. Thank you for the correction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Posted yesterday in CC's Hurricane Zone forum:

"

Already have at least one itinerary change. Royal Caribbean’s Allure of the Seas cruise tomorrow out of Fort Lauderdale, originally scheduled as an Eastern Caribbean cruise, is now a Western Caribbean cruise with stops in Labadee, Jamaica and Cozumel. "

 

It's a good thread to look at fairly often.

 

 

 

The ship left today and the itinerary did change to Haiti, Jamaica and Cozumel. We are sailing on Allure Sunday Sep 1st. The same ports. I am wondering if the cruise itself will be cancelled. If the storm does not change its path and keeps a cat 1 status. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cruise will not be cancelled unless it actually affects the departure port, at 20+ knots they can get out of the way pretty fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

The ship left today and the itinerary did change to Haiti, Jamaica and Cozumel. We are sailing on Allure Sunday Sep 1st. The same ports. I am wondering if the cruise itself will be cancelled. If the storm does not change its path and keeps a cat 1 status. 

 It won't get cancelled  They might not dock until a day later which means you cruise leaves a day later and your cruise will be 1 day shorter as 1 example 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I know it wont get cancelled. I was on the Vista last year during Hurricane Michael. We just went south of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dbrucern said:

Headed to Charleston to board on Thursday, this could be interesting

 

 

no worries Thursday it will be between P.R. and D.R. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re supposed to fly into San Juan on Saturday for a Sunday departure.  So...yes we’re watching and waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to mention Tropical Storm Dorian as some of you have I see been asking questions.

The Captain's on some of our ships will send letters to guest cabins today that include this important section:

" In conjunction with our Fleet Operations Center in Miami, we have been monitoring Topical Storm Dorian in the Atlantic. Since the safety of our guests and crew is our number one priority, we will remain a safe distance from the system at all times. We will continue to keep a close eye on the weather and provide you with timely updates should any changes to our itinerary become necessary."

So at the moment there are no changes to any itineraries but of course the Captain's will always keep the ship and those on board safe and that is the most important thing you should remember.

The fun is waiting and we ( I ) will keep you informed if any changes are made and lets hope the storm dissapissatates very soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 3:20 PM, dbrucern said:

Headed to Charleston to board on Thursday, this could be interesting

Me too! Assuming we will not be going to Princess Cay on Saturday - at the very least, the winds will be bad and we are supposed to tender in.  They would never do that with high winds. I'm holding out hope we go to Bermuda LOL.  Honestly, I wouldn't mind 4 sea days though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...