Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tikka234

What to wear in the evenings?

Hi were going on a 3 night cruise on Independence of the seas next week.Only sailed PO.  before which we didn't do the formal nights but dressed smart me black trousers and smart top, hubby polo shirt and smart trousers and black shoes.

What is acceptable on RC  for men ,?

can men wear trainers ,any trousers, polo (t shirt with collar) shirts? 

Or do they need black shoes? Smart troursers,?

Thanks 

On your three day cruise I would guess there will be a formal night, however this will be dependant on the Hotel Director.

You will find the majority of men will be wearing DJs.

Wear want you feel comfortable with, you will get numerous opinions on this subject. Genreally Uk cruisers dress up compared to those out of US ports, especially so on short trips like yours.

Hubby should be wine and dining you ☺tell him to get it together. ..3 night cruise.  Its your vacation too ☺

There was a thread a few days ago about Formal nights on cruises from Southampton and most of us agreed that nearly everyone dresses up. Your outfit will be fine and DH will get away with his but most men will likely be in suits or Tux.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, kernow said:

There was a thread a few days ago about Formal nights on cruises from Southampton and most of us agreed that nearly everyone dresses up. Your outfit will be fine and DH will get away with his but most men will likely be in suits or Tux.

This ^^^^

I have definitely noted a resurgence in formal wear on RCL ships out of Southampton in recent years. Significant majority of men in tuxes, ladies in cocktail dresses or full gowns. How formal nights should be IMO.

Edited by Sancho_proudfoot

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Tikka234 said:

Hi were going on a 3 night cruise on Independence of the seas next week.Only sailed PO.  before which we didn't do the formal nights but dressed smart me black trousers and smart top, hubby polo shirt and smart trousers and black shoes.

What is acceptable on RC  for men ,?

can men wear trainers ,any trousers, polo (t shirt with collar) shirts? 

Or do they need black shoes? Smart troursers,?

Thanks 

Sounds good to me and totally acceptable. Have you looked at RCs suggested dress guidelines for each evening? Good jumping off point. Lately I've been wearing polo/golf style shirts and dockers every evening. Color of shoes is of no issue. Wear the shoes he already has. 

Edited by davekathy

RCI is not picky.  I have sat with many people in the MDR wearing shorts.  Sometimes we are fancy, sometime not.  Recently we wore this, and fit in perfectly.  Note, if you go all out, you will not feel weird 🙂

59649270-3833-4F46-AB4A-5F76E5C8C5DC.jpeg

12 hours ago, Redrobo said:

On your three day cruise I would guess there will be a formal night, however this will be dependant on the Hotel Director.

You will find the majority of men will be wearing DJs.

Wear want you feel comfortable with, you will get numerous opinions on this subject. Genreally Uk cruisers dress up compared to those out of US ports, especially so on short trips like yours.

What are DJs?  Denim jeans?

Ah, DJ is what I know as a “tuxedo”. Got it now.  Clueless American, lol..