Shampoo, soap?

newfietravel

There are three dispensers on the wall in the shower, one shampoo, one conditioner, one body wash.  They give a bar of soap for bathroom sink.  I always ask for a second bar of soap for shower.  They also have body lotion, which personally I find very oily and do not use.  I bring my own body lotion.

On the Westerdam in July, yes to all of the above who have replied as to what one's bathroom will have.

I like the products supplied, but I also ask for a bar of soap to use in the shower rather than the shower gel.  I prefer the bar of soap, not the gel.

When the Elemis products were first introduced on HAL around 2005, we tried them.  DH brook out in a rash from the shampoo that went down on his skin.  He takes quite a few medications and we figured that the reaction was due to some chemical in the medication/soap.  I bring all own products.

Just telling you in case you have any problems.

• Like 1

For longer cruises I take a shower "puff" or whatever it is called.  It is made of softish netting and the gels foam up much better with them.  Since the cost about $1, I simply leave it on the ship.  Before I thought of this I never did enjoy the gels they provide.

• Thanks 3

For the Inside and Oceanview cabins, do they really provide Elemis products or do the dispensers just say that?   Years ago NCL used to provide Elemis in dispensers of Inside and Oceanview cabins, but discontinued that.  Their dispensers didn't say Elemis on them, but for a while after discontinuing still said the fragrance.

17 minutes ago, Azure Moon said:

For the Inside and Oceanview cabins, do they really provide Elemis products or do the dispensers just say that?

They always have been the Elemis products. I don't supposed that's been changed since I last cruised, either (July). 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Azure Moon said:

For the Inside and Oceanview cabins, do they really provide Elemis products or do the dispensers just say that?   Years ago NCL used to provide Elemis in dispensers of Inside and Oceanview cabins, but discontinued that.  Their dispensers didn't say Elemis on them, but for a while after discontinuing still said the fragrance.

Yes they are still Elemis as I use Elemis products at home too so I’d notice . I don’t think HAL goes in for the ‘classist’ type of behaviour with cabins but others may know more ...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Azure Moon said:

We also had a small bottle of bodylotion from Elemis in the cabin, the bottles you normally get in a hotel, and it smells the same as the stuff in the dispensers.