Free Gratuity 5 Day Sale

Crazy For Cats

I belong to a group and discovered that HAL is having a 5 day sale with free gratuities.  It is currently not on their web site.  I just spoke with my PCC and it is being added right now.  The details of the promotion:

Our 5 Day Sale starts TODAY! Make a new booking on a Holland America Line cruise to nearly all of our destinations in an Ocean-View stateroom or above and we’ll pre-pay your clients’ gratuities. Plus, this offer is combinable with Explore4, Up to 50% Off (Save on Sunshine), Standard Group Rates, Group Amenities (GAP & TC) and more, adding even more value! This offer expires Friday, Aug. 30.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I belong to a group and discovered that HAL is having a 5 day sale with free gratuities.  It is currently not on their web site.  I just spoke with my PCC and it is being added right now.  The details of the promotion:

Our 5 Day Sale starts TODAY! Make a new booking on a Holland America Line cruise to nearly all of our destinations in an Ocean-View stateroom or above and we’ll pre-pay your clients’ gratuities. Plus, this offer is combinable with Explore4, Up to 50% Off (Save on Sunshine), Standard Group Rates, Group Amenities (GAP & TC) and more, adding even more value! This offer expires Friday, Aug. 30.

Thanks Jake 🙂 

It’s now on the website.  Off to check pricing 😉

17 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Thank you for the information.

But I wonder if the cruise fare will really remain the same or go up in price?

My November cruise had a price drop of about 370 pp and the December was down about 440 pp.  I call that a good deal for us!

I was wondering if this is a good special for HAL and would appreciate feedback.  I have not been watching prices, but am planning on booking February sailing.  With the free gratuity fare, the TA said the deposit is non-refundable which sounds like it also limits the possibility of taking advantage if a better special comes along.  For those of you that keep track of HAL specials, can you tell me if this is a good promo for them?  

UPDATED to add: I just found out the Explore 4 is not available for my sailing. So for us, this special of the free gratuities is the only perk being offered right now. 

Thank you for your help!

Edited by cosmo1027

Just got the email. Checked and with the free gratuities my March 2020 Hawaii cruise went up $1.50. 🙂 

Waiting for my T.A. to get back to me whether I have to cancel and rebook, which is a huge pain..... but which I will obviously do if necessary. 😉 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Gratuities added to our 29 day cruise with no price increase or take away of obc.  Thanks again for the posting.

Inquiring do you have a PCC or a TA?

I have a PCC and have left an email on our cruise next March! Will see if I get it.

Denise😊

Usually when I book on a cruise I get so much in perks!

• Like 1

Just now, DeeniEncinitas said:

Inquiring do you have a PCC or a TA?

I have a PCC and have left an email on our cruise next March! Will see if I get it.

Denise😊

Usually when I book on a cruise I get so much in perks!

PCC and all Explore 4 perks stayed in place.

I checked my pricing on the HAL website and it way up, so I don’t think I will waste my TA’s time 😉.  Not sure why, but it looks like our cruise price has gone up (at least from my category and from what I can see, all of them).  

I’m good as is but I really appreciate the heads up 😄 thanks @Crazy For Cats for letting us know.

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

I checked my pricing on the HAL website and it way up, so I don’t think I will waste my TA’s time 😉.  Not sure why, but it looks like our cruise price has gone up (at least form y category and from what I can see, all of them).  

I’m good as is but I really appreciate the heads up 😄 thanks @Crazy For Cats for letting us know.

The free gratuity isn’t a good deal for our two cruises in 2020.  Both of them have gone up in price.  Of course there is plenty of time for more offers with better pricing.  We will stay vigilant on promotions and pricing.

• Like 1

I contacted my PCC this morning.  I have 2 cruises booked.  The first is on the Westerdam in April, 16 nights from Yokohama to Vancouver, verandah cabin.  We had to pay an additional $85 per person for the fare, but gained $232 per person on the pre-paid grats.  It's a win!

The second cruise, also on the Westerdam, did not work out for this promo.  I have loads of extras for that cruise already, so I really don't mind.

1 hour ago, erewhon said:

Hello John,

Not seen you posting for ages.

Which  Maasdam cruise have you booked?

Yes have been quiet. Just returned from BtoB San Francisco to Yokohama and back to Yokohama on the Maasdam.

Have nothing planned until Jan 21 with BtoB Sydney to Singapore and back to Singapore via Sri Lanka and Maldives. Rang this morning re free gratuities and told only explore 4 was available for these cruises.  

5 hours ago, JMAUST said:

Yes have been quiet. Just returned from BtoB San Francisco to Yokohama and back to Yokohama on the Maasdam.

Have nothing planned until Jan 21 with BtoB Sydney to Singapore and back to Singapore via Sri Lanka and Maldives. Rang this morning re free gratuities and told only explore 4 was available for these cruises.  

Thanks for your reply.That Maasdam cruise would have been interesting.

We are looking forward  to boarding Maasdam in January, domestic flights only 😁