shopping in Aruba ?

peanut1277

Just outside the port terminal at the main street turn right...lot's of tent type shopping...lot's of store's in Aruba as well as a very nice indoor mall with high end shops. So lot's of options for you.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, davy jones said:

Is there any grocery/general stores near the pier that the locals frequent so we can restock anything that we need for the cabin?

Yes...there is a grocery store near the port..but sorry can't remember the exact street but you should have no trouble asking someone once there.

There are several Chinese markets in the port area. The Chinese own most of the grocery stores in Aruba. None of them are on the main drag, and not easy to find. There is also a small convenience store at the Renaissance Marketplace, which is next to the marina. It also has lots of restaurants, Starbucks,  Dunkin Donuts, ice cream, and a few shops.

3 hours ago, Hatteras51 said:

There are several Chinese markets in the port area. The Chinese own most of the grocery stores in Aruba. None of them are on the main drag, and not easy to find. There is also a small convenience store at the Renaissance Marketplace, which is next to the marina. It also has lots of restaurants, Starbucks,  Dunkin Donuts, ice cream, and a few shops.

I can see them on google maps if I zoom in close enough.

• Like 1

So far, I've never found a "must buy" item anywhere.....if there is something you are dying to have that is ONLY available in that specific place.  Most things can be bought online, nowadays.  I don't want to spend a great deal of time to search for some elusive "great deal" in port!