Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

has anyone traveled  on sapphire princess lately and know if you still need to take your life jacket to the life boat drill we have never been with princess before and someone told me that you take your life jacket with you and then someone else said this had changed just wondered?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't needed to bring them for a while!

There are some people who think it is funny to "prank" new cruisers and tell them all sorts of things

that are not true!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We didn’t need to take Our life Jackets on Caribbean Princess this year. Only some of the crew had them on. (See photo)

Tony

60789D3D-CFE8-403E-8D2A-00321DDC6C1B.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, riffatsea said:

Haven't needed to bring them for a while!

There are some people who think it is funny to "prank" new cruisers and tell them all sorts of things

that are not true!

I can't understand how anyone would make that mistake since they tell you in no uncertain terms on the ship they're not required. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We were on the Sapphire in June on the Baltic Sea cruise.  No life jackets required to attend the safety briefing.

 

We had late TD allegedly at 7:15 PM but it really was 7:45 PM.  I went to see the maitre d after boarding (second in his line) and complained.  He put us in the 5:30 TD but we were at a table for 2 in the Sante Fe MDR which is half CC and half ATD.  We had a dedicated table/waitstaff.  The room was beautiful and very quiet since it was half of the more normal MDR.    Worked out very well as the head waiter only covered half the MDR.  He came by our table every night to talk to us and others.

Edited by satxdiver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some ship brands(or at least ships) still require the jackets of life at muster drill to be worn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Some ship brands(or at least ships) still require the jackets of life at muster drill to be worn. 

 

I was told that on Princess, it is still up to the Captain of the ship!  So listen to the instructions announced before the drill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think when you are in the habit of bringing your life jacket every time, you don't really listen to the new instructions. Needless to say, me and my hubby were the only ones with our life jackets in the muster drill. lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Travlin grrl said:

I think when you are in the habit of bringing your life jacket every time, you don't really listen to the new instructions. Needless to say, me and my hubby were the only ones with our life jackets in the muster drill. lol. 

I'm surprised that none of the crew stopped you along the way to the meeting point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My question is this. Why do you need to ask this question now. Do you not think that when on board the staff will not inform you via printed notice, verbal communication, or smoke signals weather or not you will need to take your personal flotation device to muster drill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, weedpindle said:

My question is this. Why do you need to ask this question now. Do you not think that when on board the staff will not inform you via printed notice, verbal communication, or smoke signals weather or not you will need to take your personal flotation device to muster drill?

Exactly.

Why concern yourself about such trivial details? :classic_laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

Redundant posting. 😕

 

Understood but it's a little hard to not hear the muster announcements that are broadcast throughout the while ship plus they do have a blurb in the muster instruction that life jackets are not required.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 10:01 AM, MissP22 said:

I can't understand how anyone would make that mistake since they tell you in no uncertain terms on the ship they're not required. 

Some people are oblivious, I guess......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Understood but it's a little hard to not hear the muster announcements that are broadcast throughout the while ship plus they do have a blurb in the muster instruction that life jackets are not required.  

 

I wasn't talking about your posting but about what I had originally posted in message #14. I didn't notice that what I said had already been posted by someone else until after I had posted what I had just posted and I was trying to indicate the reason I had deleted it. I poorly worded what I ended up leaving. Will do better next time.

 

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

Some people are oblivious, I guess......

 

And some people are on their first ever cruise and excited and don't hear everything that's said. Ship happens. 😀

 

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 9:29 PM, riffatsea said:

Haven't needed to bring them for a while!

There are some people who think it is funny to "prank" new cruisers and tell them all sorts of things

that are not true!

 

I'm STILL wearing mine from June.  Do you mean that the Captain won't call me when it's time to take it off like you said?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 3:20 AM, MissP22 said:

I'm surprised that none of the crew stopped you along the way to the meeting point. 

Yeah, I can't remember which cruise this was on. It was about 2 years ago and they just said, no big deal. I was just on Holland this summer and our muster drill was on the promenade deck. We had to all squish together standing up for it. Not like the Princess one where you are usually sitting in one of the lounges. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 6:43 AM, MissP22 said:
On 8/28/2019 at 6:16 AM, weedpindle said:

My question is this. Why do you need to ask this question now?

 

Probably for the same reason that many of the questions are asked on Cruise Critic, from what movies are currently on MUTS to what time are the evening shows.

 

Some people like to have the best idea possible in advance of what will be happening on the ship.  And some do not care at all to know anything in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am amazed by the cavalier attitude about safety and the concern about Lugging those Heavy Cumbersome  life vests to your Muster station. I've spent my life working on Drilling rigs on and off shore. Let me tell you, we wrote up a safety concern every day. It's not a joke or an inconvenience. It could possible be some ones life.  OK Jumping off my soapbox!   Have a great cruise everyone!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We typically try them on and re-size them before we unpack and put stuff in the closet. I believe that the Captain has the final say in the manner of the safety drill.  Generally we have not had to bring the life vests to a Princess drill for that past few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RocHed11 said:

I am amazed by the cavalier attitude about safety and the concern about Lugging those Heavy Cumbersome  life vests to your Muster station. I've spent my life working on Drilling rigs on and off shore. Let me tell you, we wrote up a safety concern every day. It's not a joke or an inconvenience. It could possible be some ones life.  OK Jumping off my soapbox!   Have a great cruise everyone!!

 

There's got to be a hugh difference between those drills.

 

On Princess if they at least get the people to find their muster location they've accomplished their objective. Almost everyone knows how to put the jacket on and the ones that don't can be instructed as needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...