Star Princess Question

tourismtessy

I have always sailed on the larger Princess ships so I don't know if the Star has the MUTS (Movies under the stars) screen.  Can someone help me with this?  It is one of our favorite things to do onboard and looking at a last minute cruise on the Star in September.

5 minutes ago, tourismtessy said:

I have always sailed on the larger Princess ships so I don't know if the Star has the MUTS (Movies under the stars) screen.  Can someone help me with this?  It is one of our favorite things to do onboard and looking at a last minute cruise on the Star in September.

Yes she does.

12 hours ago, tourismtessy said:

Yes it does and it’s great watching a Sporting event like the Super Bowl. 

Tony

I didn't think the Grand ever had Skywalkers and that the latter was first on the Star, which was built 4 yrs later.  Also, the atrium is much more modest on the Grand as I recall.  We've been on the Grand once (2010 when it was 12 yrs old) and on the Star 3x (2006, 2010, and 2014).

4 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

I didn't think the Grand ever had Skywalkers and that the latter was first on the Star, which was built 4 yrs later.  Also, the atrium is much more modest on the Grand as I recall.  We've been on the Grand once (2010 when it was 12 yrs old) and on the Star 3x (2006, 2010, and 2014).

So, I guess, this raises the question: is the Star an upgrade from the Grand or a fairly equal swap?

28 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

The Grand did have the original Skywalkers (believe me in my younger years I used the disco)  It was removed I believe due to metal stress

18 hours ago, The Mikado said:

So, I guess, this raises the question: is the Star an upgrade from the Grand or a fairly equal swap?

Guess I would consider it something of an upgrade since it has Skywalkers and, I think, a few other features the Grand didn't have.  We obviously liked it since we did 3 cruises on her for a total of 36 days.

On 8/28/2019 at 3:21 PM, BarbinMich said:

On 8/28/2019 at 3:50 PM, MixerDave said:

Must have been fun watching he Eagles Beat the Patriots!

Great game by Philly no doubt.....let’s see how many years until they get back...long time between Super Bowls last time..😉😉

On 8/28/2019 at 2:50 PM, memoak said:

The Grand did have the original Skywalkers (believe me in my younger years I used the disco)  It was removed I believe due to metal stress

Haha I misread that as "due to mental stress" and thought What would be so mentally stressful as to justify removing the entire thing? 😂