Cruise pier in Venice

mrbill62

There are no shops near the pier in Venice. The closest stores are located in Piazzale Roma, which is where you board the People Mover to get to the port. (And it is also the main transportation hub of Venice with the train station, bus links to the airport and other towns, and a number of vaporetto (water bus) routes stop there.

9 minutes ago, mrbill62 said:

Thank you for this info, Do you know what time they start boarding the ship?

They will start boarding per that cruise line's policy...generally, cruise lines do it the same way world wide. Without knowing what ship you are on, hard to help. You could also ask on the board for that cruise line, as it would be cruise line policy and procedure.

There is a small coffee (espresso!) bar selling coffee beer paninis in one of the terminal buildings.  Also I seem to remember a small shop selling odds and ends, but can't remember exactly what! sorry!

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

There is a small coffee (espresso!) bar selling coffee beer paninis in one of the terminal buildings.  Also I seem to remember a small shop selling odds and ends, but can't remember exactly what! sorry!

Thank's for the info

22 hours ago, mrbill62 said:

Does anyone know if there is any stores or shops at the cruise pier in Venice, also what time do they start boarding the ship. Thank's for any feed back

If you want to shop for anything of substance you'll need to do it in Venice and or at the airport.  The main port has very very minimal amenities, just facilitation of check-in / emark-dismebark.  I think I did recall some portable carts but if you need sundries / water - snack or trinkets plan them before port. 

1 hour ago, chipmaster said:

If you want to shop for anything of substance you'll need to do it in Venice and or at the airport.  The main port has very very minimal amenities, just facilitation of check-in / emark-dismebark.  I think I did recall some portable carts but if you need sundries / water - snack or trinkets plan them before port. 

Chipmaster, thank you for this info, first time in Venice not sure what to expect.