Scales on Vision

We have both lost 50+ pounds in the last two years.  We are both worried about how much weight we might gain on our 16-day Panama Canal cruise.  It would really help if we could weigh every day on the cruise.  Can anyone tell me whether their are scales in the gym on Vision or anywhere else?

Yes, scales in the gym and sometimes in the locker rooms. Congratulations on your weight loss! I gained only one pound in 32 days by eating smart, limiting alcohol, drinking water, walking and doing the stairs. My downfall were the fresh cookies at lunch. I did not order dessert when I ordered dinner, though, and found no need to order it after dinner.

We maintain our weight on a cruise by eating 2 meals a day only.  Might have a small snack around 4 PM so we aren't ravenous at dinner.  And always take the stairs.  I have lost weight on a cruise because I wasn't snacking after dinner.

• Like 1

On my first cruise many years ago I gained 6 lbs.  I was horrified.  I have never gained more than a pound since.  Temptations are every where.  I try to walk every day,  take the stairs and avoid the buffet

Congrats on the weight loss.  As others have said, Don't over do the eating and keep active.

Walking helps.  I know everyone says take stairs, and that's fine, but you'll  need to take every flight of stairs on the ship twice a day just to burn off 1 dessert.

But no need to weigh yourselves every single day.  Perhaps weigh at home or on current scale you use, if at a gym/doctors, before you leave. Then on board when you first arrive, to get a comparative number as scales can be different.  Then again before debarking, or perhaps once in the middle of the cruise, since you are on a 16 day cruise. Otherwise, you'll drive yourselves crazy over the slightest perceived gain on a daily basis.

And if the scales are in kiloGRAMS (kg), not kilowatts, LOL, just multiply by 2.2 to get corresponding pound weight.

• Thanks 1

Be careful weighing yourself during a cruise.  A ton of people retain water while on vacation.  I came home 5lbs heavier but it was gone in less than a week.  It will make you freak and stress over nothing.

Maintaining a 170lb weight loss.  Took a break on vacation and despite eating more and indulging more I didn't actually gain any weight.  Do the stairs and you will be fine.

• Like 1