See/View-ing Seaview

Beamafar

So, we finally board Seaview today  😀  I decided to start a thread on the subject as Captain-John's wonderful review on Meraviglia has been hijacked enough at this stage.  At least here, I can ramble away and those who wish to, can ramble away with me, too! 🤣

I had problems with Tapatalk yesterday, so I signed out of CC and now I can't log back in.  It's accepting my username & password but when I try to post, I get the "You're not logged in or you do not have permission..." notification.  Any help on the matter would be great.

Thank you to those who've wished us Bon Voyage 😉

We're heading down to the port in another 3 hours' time ... stay tuned.  This may yet turn into a review/report.  😜 

'Morning Liz ... I don't drink coffee (or even tea these days) and if they had wine on the buffet here I'd probably be having a glass 😁 so your emoji is quite apt (though @ €11 a small glass here, maybe I wouldn't lol)

Bon voyage Bea ...was thinking yesterday it must be this week!

Excited to see if our thoughts match ...not that they must I know!

Either way I'd be back on tonight if you smuggled me and arranged for my workload to be completed lol

Where you boarding Rome?

I'd just looked at the clock and wondered if you were yet in the YC lounge with your glass of fizz 🥂

Wishing you a most marvelous time and looking forward to hearing your report/review and rambling with you (not as much as I am to sailing with you but this will suffice for now) 😀😀😀

My timing is fantastic - not been around the boards for a few months, back I pop and I'm launched into a review (pretty please!) of Bea's experience on Seaview. I'll be rambling alongside you quite readily!

I'd be really curious as to your take on the layout of Seaview. I don't like the Meraviglia layout, I do like the Fantasia-class ships - you are definitely in a position to compare and contrast so I'd look forward to your thoughts on this and how it 'feels.'

Have a great time! :D

I think Dubai is spelled M-I-A-M-I here in the states, particularly if you are sailing on Seaside in December, Epos Man!  I am assuming your December voyage is on the Seaview, though! 😉

Edited by JAGR

So ... we're now relaxing in TSL enjoying our first glass of Veuve Cliquot before we go get ready for dinner.  Haven't had a chance to see around the rest of the ship, yet, so I'll hold off on sharing my overall impressions of the ship til tomorrow, though I will say that what I've seen so far is stunning.

We'll be under sail soon which means I'll lose my signal, so it'll be tomorrow before I post again.  In the meantime, I'll just raise my glass and toast all you wonderful CCers who provide all the great info that MSC doesn't lol

20190828_175033.thumb.jpg.5c9f378c829cfafa144c9627583405bc.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JAGR said:

I think Dubai is spelled M-I-A-M-I here in the states, particularly if you are sailing on Seaside in December, Epos Man!  I am assuming your December voyage is on the Seaview, though! 😉

yes my bad

7 hours ago, Epos Man said:

I loved the layout of Seaside its sister ship so much I've booked the seaside for next december from dubai

we doing the Seaview as well next year from Rome to Dubai  Novermber 16th i believe - i assume you are boardiing in Dubai?

1 minute ago, marcoigna said:

we doing the Seaview as well next year from Rome to Dubai  Novermber 16th i believe - i assume you are boardiing in Dubai?

yes we are doing the 7 night from dubai on the 5th december

Hi Bea,

I am so J-E-L-L-O...you are onboard Cview.  And then you have the audacity to tell me you are in the TSL wasting everything down with the Veuve!  ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!  

At any any rate I am in my captain’s chair and rambling along

with you...😊

BON VOYAGE BEA AND MR. BEA!  

Edited by CGTNORMANDIE

19 hours ago, marcoigna said:

We're on that cruise, but board a few days earlier, in Barcelona, on 14th November, right through to Dubai, so following this thread with interest.

I guess its not's going to be a 'live' report - we are having the time of our lives and I just haven't found a moment to post (apart from a brief time yesterday, but the battery had died on my phone and by the time it had charged we were under sail and I had no signal 🙄).

We went for a walkabout yesterday so my impression of the ship is that it feels vast - that's before exploring the exterior areas.

Again, like Meraviglia, we're really glad to be in YC on this ship.

Thank you all for your comments/good wishes - I've read them all and will respond individually when I get a chance.

Irish caillin .... I intend to post food and drink menus pics - I haven't managed, yet, to get menus from the MDR, but I will try at least to get one or two.