See/View-ing Seaview

Beamafar

Folks ... I'm sorry to say that DH has taken ill and has spent the morning in the medical centre.  At first, there was talk of him having to go ashore to hospital but, fortunately, he has responded well to the steroids and antibiotics that they gave him.  He's been instructed to rest in the cabin and have dinner there (and we'd made reservations for Butcher's Cut for tonight  😥

23 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Folks ... I'm sorry to say that DH has taken ill and has spent the morning in the medical centre.  At first, there was talk of him having to go ashore to hospital but, fortunately, he has responded well to the steroids and antibiotics that they gave him.  He's been instructed to rest in the cabin and have dinner there (and we'd made reservations for Butcher's Cut for tonight  😥

Gosh! Last thing you want on holiday, Bea. Luckily they are able to treat him on ship rather than having to go ashore. Wish him a speedy recovery and hope it doesn't put too much a dent in your trip. Best wishes.

Cheers Cap'n! Have seen your discussion about staying onboard on embarkation day.  Will answer when I get home. 😉

OMG ... so frustrating today - internet-connection wise.  My phone didnt connect automatically to a provider this morning so I couldn't post.  Then DH ended up with the doctor and I sat there for over 2 hours with nothing to do - would have been a perfect time to share some thoughts!  🙄

Fortunately one of our travelling companions is a whizz with phones and got me connected later on.  Then I was just posting my previous post when my phone almost died (so I quickly pressed 'send' which is why it ended abruptly) so I had to get it charged up before returning.  It's been impossible today to get it fully charged and it's now low again!

I'm getting email alerts so I've read what's been posted.  I'm a little tired now (and DH's medical appointment is due in a while) so I'll sign off for now. Will update when I can.

Folks ... I'm sorry to say that DH has taken ill and has spent the morning in the medical centre.  At first, there was talk of him having to go ashore to hospital but, fortunately, he has responded well to the steroids and antibiotics that they gave him.  He's been instructed to rest in the cabin and have dinner there (and we'd made reservations for Butcher's Cut for tonight  [emoji26]) 

Hope he is ok?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just an update, folks.

DH wasn't so good this morning, but he had a doctor's appointment, anyway (and had been told, yesterday, that they would release him today, after he received his intravenous drugs, which would be replaced with oral ones).  Well, they didn't like the look of him, so told us they would not discharge him 'til tomorrow and they would do another ECG today ( which they hadn't planned to do).  As the intravenous session takes a couple of hours, then a nebuliser session, plus the ECG, I decided to return to the cabin and rest up for the morning (I have to admit that I'm quite drained today).

Anyway ... when DH returned, it was with the fantastic news that the blockage in his chest had cleared and his ECG was much better than yesterday's readings  😀  The doctor has even said that he can have some alcohol this evening  🙄

Thank you, all, for your good wishes - they have been a godsend to me over the last 24 hours and I truly appreciate them.

We have now booked Butcher's Cut for tonight and can celebrate our anniversary extra-specially  😊

• Like 6

Goodness! Knew he was upset to see us leave but that was extreme!  Just kidding!! Glad to hear he is now on the mend.. he had us worried and must have been awful for you! just wished we had still been on to help. Wishing you the happiest anniversary! Chin-chin!! 🥂 here’s to you chaps! 😂😂 Love and best wishes. Wished we had met you sooner! Keep in touch. Lots of love Claire David and Noah xx