Viewing Flights available for Seabourn Cruises

wesport

Having booked cruises both on HAL and Seabourn, I know they use the same web platform.  On my HAL bookings, I can view flights with their flight ease program, then call my TA to book the flight.  With Seabourn, I had to first research direct with the airlines, then call my ta to see if the same flight was available with them.  Is there a way to research Seabourn flights on their website the same as you can do on the HAL website?

Sadly no. A phone call to Flight ease is required for SB.  I’ve never had luck getting prices Flight ease close to what I can get on my own for the same flights. I never have the correct “double secret discount coupon” code. 

12 minutes ago, raphael360 said:

Sadly no. A phone call to Flight ease is required for SB.  I’ve never had luck getting prices Flight ease close to what I can get on my own for the same flights. I never have the correct “double secret discount coupon” code. 

Same experience with prices. I had wondered if it's because I'm in the UK but that's clearly not the case. 

On 8/30/2019 at 7:28 AM, BUgrad said:

My travel agent does the legwork. Cannot believe that I got a $92 round trip NY to Sydney.  Okay, it is economy. Paid for extra leg room though. When business is $8000.  I will suffer a little.

Really?🙄

Amazing price.

What Airline?  

How many stops and how many hours in total each way please?🤔

8 hours ago, BUgrad said:

Bare in mind that the flight was booked with Seabourn and there was a$1000 air credit.

Aah, thanks, now that makes sense.😀

Did Seabourn give you a price on Business, or was that the $8,000 that you mentioned ?

6 hours ago, BUgrad said:

Our friend’s changed airports and got it down to $7500 per person.  That is more than our mid ship deck 7 cabin is for a 15 day cruise.

We did “Route of the Vikings” and on to Boston, on Quest in 2016. It cost us less to fly home to Melbourne with our usual airline (Qatar) in Business via Doha, than to fly via LAX with any other airline (and the elapsed time was less)

MEL - LHR;   BOS- MEL  US$4,000 each. (Full flat seats all the way)

On 8/28/2019 at 9:36 AM, Isklaar said:

Same experience with prices. I had wondered if it's because I'm in the UK but that's clearly not the case. 

I had a discussion with a Flight Ease rep. regarding their higher prices and she said I had to consider they include ship transfers and the next port guarantee. I still had to pass.   :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SLSD said:

I have found that you can request a quote from SB from a particular airline.  

I think it’s critical one to do some homework. I got quotes from flight ease for business class to Europe. They quoted different pricing for the same departure and arrival cities but difference was based on the airline selected. AA and BA were more expensive than TAP air. My point is price is only part of the equation and the lowest quoted price maybe low for a reason. 

I did discuss flight ease with a fellow passenger who was Diamond Elite. He said flight ease always finds him lower prices than his TA can find.  Who knew?

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 10:06 PM, SLSD said:

I have found that you can request a quote from SB from a particular airline.  

Yes, I did that. Singapore Air BC, which was not direct to Hong Kong but direct from Singapore was $500 cheaper than I could book. Econ on Qantas which was direct both ways was also $500 cheaper. 

Because we preferred to fly direct (not through Singapore) I asked SB to quote on the BC air on Q and it came back at $3000 more than Singapore Air, and the price I could book myself. Hard to work that one out, as the economy ticket was cheaper than I could book. 

In the end, I booked the direct BC Qantas myself for the same price as the indirect Singapore Air through SB. The flight and departure times were much more favorable. 

1 hour ago, ab21au said:

Yes, I did that. Singapore Air BC, which was not direct to Hong Kong but direct from Singapore was $500 cheaper than I could book. Econ on Qantas which was direct both ways was also $500 cheaper. 

Because we preferred to fly direct (not through Singapore) I asked SB to quote on the BC air on Q and it came back at $3000 more than Singapore Air, and the price I could book myself. Hard to work that one out, as the economy ticket was cheaper than I could book. 

In the end, I booked the direct BC Qantas myself for the same price as the indirect Singapore Air through SB. The flight and departure times were much more favorable. 

It's so important to do our research!  Your example points that out very well.  

I think it depends on which agent you speak with.  I had an air credit and needed to go DC-Montreal; Miami-DC.  The first agent I spoke with had me flying to Montreal through Detroit and from Miami through I can’t remember where.  When I told her there are countless nonstops between DC and Miami and DC and Montreal, she said they were not available - six months before the cruise.  The successful solution: hang up, call back.

• Like 1