Which Southampton Port for NCL Escape?

jannandjohn

does anyone here know which exact Southampton port is used for NCL Escape?

I am hoping its the City Cruise Terminal but our docs just say Southampton

I want to rent a car  and drop it off but need the port info to know where to drop the rental car

.. 4 ports in a 2 mile strip is confusing...

When we've used NCL, it's been 101, City, or 38/39, QE11

Looking at "Cruise Ship Schedule" for 2019, those are the 2 docks still being used for NCL and other non-Carnival owned ships. The last one mentioned for this year is NCL Encore on Nov 2nd, which is City.

I think the port prefers ships to be at City, but there's more and more ships docking each year, so 38/39 is used at busy times- or so it seems to me. 🙂

8 minutes ago, jocap said:

When we've used NCL, it's been 101, City, or 38/39, QE11

Looking at "Cruise Ship Schedule" for 2019, those are the 2 docks still being used for NCL and other non-Carnival owned ships. The last one mentioned for this year is NCL Encore on Nov 2nd, which is City.

I think the port prefers ships to be at City, but there's more and more ships docking each year, so 38/39 is used at busy times- or so it seems to me. 🙂

thanks.  have looked up all schedules but cant find one for May 2020

I think you can safely plan for it being City Cruise Terminal (aka Berth 101) -  as Jo's post, QE11 Cruise Terminal is used more as an overflow terminal these days and I doubt all terminals will be fully used in May.

The port schedule linked by Mic probably won't be updated until the New Year, so just bookmark it for now.

BTW if you're considering which hotel to book, QE11 Terminal is deep in the docks and warrants a short taxi hop so it makes no odds where in the city centre that you're coming from -  train station or rail station or city centre hotel.

A few hotels (incl Hol Inn, Leonardo Royal, Premier Inn West Quay, Pig-in-the-Wall, Ennios) are walkable to City Cruise Terminal and convenient to city centre shops, pubs, restaurants, historic sights, etc.

https://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/southampton_accommodation.htm

JB :classic_smile:

Edited by John Bull
  • Like 1

Thank you John Bull... good answer.

We had already booked and paid for the Holiday Inn because it has a “walkable” gate area that opens on cruise days.

We are hiring a car from Heathrow 2 days prior to the cruise and driving down and staying 2 nts but the car hire place wants the exact port to give their drop off point on the website.  

That was my main reason for trying to get the exact port

I was hoping it would be 101.  the City Cruise Terminal because we can take it to their depot first then return to hotel.  grab our luggage and walk to the Ship area

so will put that on our booking 

lets hope its the right one !!.   

Edited by jannandjohn
  • Like 1