Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

My daughter is sailing on the Empress Sunday with her friend and her family. She is needing to complete and submit some school assignments while on ship. Can someone share with me the pricing? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what I see right now on Cruise Planner for Allure this coming December:

 

VOOM SURF Voyage Package - 1 Device - $13.49/day USD

VOOM SURF + STREAM Voyage Package - 1 Device - $15.39/day USD

VOOM SURF Voyage Package - 2 Devices - $21.41/day USD

VOOM SURF + STREAM Voyage Package - 2 Devices - $23.09/day USD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Noob1ee said:

This is what I see right now on Cruise Planner for Allure this coming December:

Unlike on board prices which are usually fairly set, pre-cruise pricing is highly variable based on ship, date, time till sailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to book voom, and have a couple of questions. When I see the 3 device package it says per adult per day for $26. I need 3 accesses for my children, but when I select the 3 device option and then click on each of their names it looks like it's charging me for 3 sets of 3 device packages. I assume I just need to assign this to 1 of the children's names and then we'll get 3 codes, right? 

 

Also, if we have just made our final payment and find a better deal, we can still cancel and rebook these add-ons, right? 

 

Finally, our cruise package is through Costco travel, but we still book these directly through Royal, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, davisrnr said:

I'm trying to book voom, and have a couple of questions. When I see the 3 device package it says per adult per day for $26. I need 3 accesses for my children, but when I select the 3 device option and then click on each of their names it looks like it's charging me for 3 sets of 3 device packages. I assume I just need to assign this to 1 of the children's names and then we'll get 3 codes, right? 

 

Also, if we have just made our final payment and find a better deal, we can still cancel and rebook these add-ons, right? 

 

Finally, our cruise package is through Costco travel, but we still book these directly through Royal, right? 

If you want 3 devices just select one name.  If you select 3 names you will get 3 of the 3 device packages or 9 devices total.

 

You get 1 code that will allow up to 3 devices.  Yes you book this through Royal yourself.  Yes you can cancel and rebook.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Host Clarea Pricing on Adventure is :

 

Surf/Stream package $18/22. 

 

24 hours $25/29. 

 

D/D+ benefit $25/50. 

Edited by Biker19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The price increase seems to be very recent as the in cabin perk letter still lists the old pricing. 

6292BD27-B331-4D79-BCDA-9C04EAF5386C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Will an iPhone or iPad be able to use Skype with the Voom package?

 

Signed,

Technologically handicapped...

 

Yes.  If you will be using video, then it's best to opt for the stream version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 6:05 PM, Biker19 said:

@Host Clarea the VOOM person on Adventure says the pricing above is now the new norm fleet wide. 

 

I knew I shouldn't have thrown that flyer out!  😉  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if you have a code for 3 devices can you switch between devices?  For example:  Device 1 (Mom) Device 2 (Dad) Device 3 (child 1 iphone but then child 2 would sometimes want to have kindle)

 

so as long as the child 1 iphone and child 2 kindle not on surf at the same time do codes work?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mothwoman said:

So if you have a code for 3 devices can you switch between devices?  For example:  Device 1 (Mom) Device 2 (Dad) Device 3 (child 1 iphone but then child 2 would sometimes want to have kindle)

 

so as long as the child 1 iphone and child 2 kindle not on surf at the same time do codes work?  

 

 

Correct, the system knows how many simultaneous devices can be logged in with the package you have.  Once you reach the maximum, you need to log one out before you can log in a different device.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Correct, the system knows how many simultaneous devices can be logged in with the package you have.  Once you reach the maximum, you need to log one out before you can log in a different device.

Thanks so much for the information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Correct, the system knows how many simultaneous devices can be logged in with the package you have.  Once you reach the maximum, you need to log one out before you can log in a different device.

For our last Allure cruise in Apr 2019, we bought one device to share. Instead of having to log out, you can "kick" the logged in party off and log in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I just want to be clear on this. My husband and I bought the 4 device surf package for the week. We will each be bringing 3 devices, though. Each of us has a iPhone, an iPad and a laptop. As long as no more than 4 devices are used at any given time, we can switch off between all 6 devices? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2019 at 7:08 PM, Biker19 said:

Unlike on board prices which are usually fairly set, pre-cruise pricing is highly variable based on ship, date, time till sailing.

It’s only £7.59pd for Voom on Explorer. That’s $9.55. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just off EXP, had an unusual thing happen, we prebooked but didn’t receive our code in the cabin, so went to the desk to get one,

we paid for 2 devices total so connected both phones we had. I then wanted to use my iPad, so entered the code on that, it worked, and didn’t boot either of the phones, the entire cruise, it was as if we had 3 devices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, little britain said:

It’s only £7.59pd for Voom on Explorer. That’s $9.55. 

Some ships, have special pricing, some times, but the base price is usually still the same.

 

Biker, who would bet a D drink that that will not be the price once Explorer crosses the pond.

Edited by Biker19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, screenname2004 said:

For our last Allure cruise in Apr 2019, we bought one device to share. Instead of having to log out, you can "kick" the logged in party off and log in.

 

This behavior varies by ship.  Some allow you to kick off people, other ships require that someone else manually log off (or time out).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Krazy4Kruisin' said:

So, I just want to be clear on this. My husband and I bought the 4 device surf package for the week. We will each be bringing 3 devices, though. Each of us has a iPhone, an iPad and a laptop. As long as no more than 4 devices are used at any given time, we can switch off between all 6 devices? Thanks.


That is correct.  

When you want to sign on one of the "extra" devices, first go to "logoff.com" in a browser window with the device you're not going to use anymore, and that will disconnect you from the system, opening up a spot for you to log on the new device.  (Then do the same when you're done with that device and going back to a previous one.)

If you don't log off from the system (not just turn off wifi), then the system will decide which device to boot off, which may interfere with another person's usage.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...