Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

Hello.  I can always sign onto CC w my laptop, but am always shut out on my phone and iPad. Most of the time I can read threads on my phone and iPad, but I cannot comment or open some things.  I think I have a lot of sign in names from trying many times to get in.  Does anyone know how I can fix this?  Thank you.  Beth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, kbklcamp said:

Hello.  I can always sign onto CC w my laptop, but am always shut out on my phone and iPad. Most of the time I can read threads on my phone and iPad, but I cannot comment or open some things.  I think I have a lot of sign in names from trying many times to get in.  Does anyone know how I can fix this?  Thank you.  Beth

Are you trying to use the app? If so, it has not worked since the update last October.

 

Try using your mobile browser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, and I’m replying to you on my phone. Very sad Cruise Critic isn’t functioning fully on our phones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It works fine on your browser, which is the only supported option at this time. They are working on the app, but no ETA at this point. Tapatalk is supposed to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kbklcamp said:

Thank you, and I’m replying to you on my phone. Very sad Cruise Critic isn’t functioning fully on our phones.

 

It’s fully functioning on our phones. No problem at all accessing CC via Safari. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been unable to sign on to the app for months. If I then go to ‘web view’ in the app I am immediately recognised and can carry on as normal. 

 

It’s not good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I have been able to use tapa talk here and there. It works for awhile then crashes. I have to delete tapa talk and re install. And works again for awhile. If you do this you. Need to sign out of cc and also delete any history as well ok your phone for it to work.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bollinge said:

I have been unable to sign on to the app for months. If I then go to ‘web view’ in the app I am immediately recognised and can carry on as normal. 

 

It’s not good enough.

The app is NOT compatible with the new software which was introduced last October. When you go to web view you are using a mobile browser. (I don't understand why the app is still showing up in the app store, but that seems to be an issue with the app developer, not CC.)

 

As stated, they are working on a new app, but there is no ETA. (I'm not sure how much effort they are putting into it; but the priorities are their choice.) Using the mobile browser works fine.

Edited by gnome12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate all your answers.  I don't understand why the mobile app isn't a priority.  Thank you for your responses and I am glad I'm not alone wishing I could still enjoy the app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kbklcamp said:

I appreciate all your answers.  I don't understand why the mobile app isn't a priority.  Thank you for your responses and I am glad I'm not alone wishing I could still enjoy the app.

 

Since full functionality is available using one's browser I fail to see why the comparatively few users that refuse to use a browser should have priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, broberts said:

 

Since full functionality is available using one's browser I fail to see why the comparatively few users that refuse to use a browser should have priority.

 

Apps function better on a small screen than a browser. That is why mobile apps were invented for smartphones. Mobile apps work better on smartphones than using the browser. It’s not a matter of priority, many Cruise Critic members were using the Cruise Critic app or Tapatalk. I used Tapatalk instead of the CC app only because I used Tapatalk for five other forums. The CC App was a subset of Tapatalk. The other forums still work excellently. That functionality was taken away for Cruise Critic. It can be restored if the will was there to restore it. It is apparent the business for some reason does not have the will. That is short sighted because these days many users primary device is a smartphone not a computer. Having an app should be a priority. 

Edited by Charles4515

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use the browser on my phone and have no issue. 

 

Then again, I never used the app to begin with. I find the new format easier with the browser than the old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

I use the browser on my phone and have no issue. 

 

Then again, I never used the app to begin with. I find the new format easier with the browser than the old.

 

Same here. I never used the app before, and have no issues with using the browser on my mobile devices. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

 

Same here. I never used the app before, and have no issues with using the browser on my mobile devices. 

I have never used the browser however after using tapa talk and trying the browser of more people used tapa talk they would never use the browser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

I have never used the browser however after using tapa talk and trying the browser of more people used tapa talk they would never use the browser. 

 

The first love is the deepest.  :classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
The first love is the deepest.  :classic_biggrin:

Agreed I have been successful to get tapa talk to work

First sign out of cc. Second delete tapa talk app. Then clear history in safari re install tapa talk and sign in. If faiks try again. It does work but it seems to last only about a day then you need to do it again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It working again for me and a few people have commented it is working for them so this is good news.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's very good news.  Hasn't worked yet for me, but I appreciate the encouragement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That's very good news.  Hasn't worked yet for me, but I appreciate the encouragement.

Just delete tapa talk then re install the click the logon in tapa talk for cruise critic log in once you hit the login give it 20’seconds then you will see it works.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...