CPH Currency Exchange

21 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

Is there a currency exchange booth at the Copenhagen airport after arrival to exchange US to Kroners?  Not asking about an ATM machine.  thank you  

Yes, but you will get a terrible rate at Airport currency exchanges, do the homework on alternatives is my advice.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

s there a currency exchange booth at the Copenhagen airport

Danske Bank might have the best rates. But do you have any need for Danish currency? Credit or debit cards are widely accepted- so is ApplePay.

For Credit Card a chip and pin card is highly recommended. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2019 at 1:46 AM, hallasm said:

Danske Bank might have the best rates. But do you have any need for Danish currency? Credit or debit cards are widely accepted- so is ApplePay.

For Credit Card a chip and pin card is highly recommended. 

Hi there,  I hear advice on here that a chip & pin card is better when overseas,  is it because it's more secure?  We cruise the Baltic next year so just learning here what's best.

At home here we just tap & go our purchases. 

2 hours ago, joejoe 59 said:

I hear advice on here that a chip & pin card is better when overseas,  is it because it's more Secure?

Yes, chip and pin are safer - it's easier to clone a magnetic strip than a chip.  Another advantage of the chip and pin is, that you can use the card in unmanned vending machines - such as train stations, parking, toilets.  

Most chip and pin cards can now also be used for contactless payments.  In Denmark, chip and pin cards can largely be used for payment anywhere.

If you have a card which can be used with ApplePay you can pay with your phone as well.

3 hours ago, hallasm said:

Yes, chip and pin are safer - it's easier to clone a magnetic strip than a chip.  Another advantage of the chip and pin is, that you can use the card in unmanned vending machines - such as train stations, parking, toilets.  

Most chip and pin cards can now also be used for contactless payments.  In Denmark, chip and pin cards can largely be used for payment anywhere.

If you have a card which can be used with ApplePay you can pay with your phone as well.

Thank you for that information,  can't believe you need a credit card to use a public toilet haha,  not something you pay for in Australia. 

• 2 weeks later...

When we are at CPH and need currency we simply use an ATM.  Currency exchange at airports (including CPH) will get you a lousy exchange rate...not to mention you will wait in line to get that lousy rate.  Even the ATMs at CPH do not give you the best deals (but much better then the exchange booths) so I think I only got about $100 worth of Krone and later obtained more at a local bank-owned ATM.  In European cities you will find ATMs on just about every block.

Hank

• Like 1