Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
eby

Oceania Transatlantic

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Paulchili said:

I am blushing 😀

Kate - it’s a two way street.

 

You ARE the best...and you help us all!!! Thank you...over and over again...for all you do for CCer's and for those of us lucky enough to call you a "friend"...on "sea and land"....thanks...I sure hope I tell you that every time I send you that "email"!!! ???? :) :)) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do and I am happy if I can be of help to you (or anyone).

Edited by Paulchili

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigh .. what was I thinking?  In terms of sea day activities, I had a poor experience with a TA on Riviera and reported on it.  The report included the fact that I didn't think it was typical, and ascribed it to an incompetent cruise director.  But the venom directed at my post, ranging from ad hominem attacks along the lines of "you obviously didn't really experience what you experienced" to "how dare you criticise Oceania" were a reminder of why all over Cruise Critic the Oceania board is well-known to be the most toxic of the them all.
The good news for people considering a cruise is that those people on this board are not representative of the passengers on the actual ships, who are typically social, well-traveled, and a pleasure to be around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FROM DAVID THE WONDERER "Sigh .. what was I thinking?  In terms of sea day activities, I had a poor experience with a TA on Riviera and reported on it.  The report included the fact that I didn't think it was typical, and ascribed it to an incompetent cruise director.  But the venom directed at my post, ranging from ad hominem attacks along the lines of "you obviously didn't really experience what you experienced" to "how dare you criticise Oceania" were a reminder of why all over Cruise Critic the Oceania board is well-known to be the most toxic of the them all.
The good news for people considering a cruise is that those people on this board are not representative of the passengers on the actual ships, who are typically social, well-traveled, and a pleasure to be around."

 

David the Wonderer - WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?  Are people not allowed to have opinions and does everyone always have to agree.  People can state their opinions and be respectful.  No one on this board is "toxic" as you call it.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2019 at 12:21 PM, DavidTheWonderer said:

and sea day activities were pretty well restricted to baggo.

David - this is a verbatim quote from you.

Do you maintain that this is a fact or just your impression of activities on your cruise?

Did you really expect people to believe that the ONLY activity on the entire TA was baggo and not question you on this?

Your cruise might have been a little different from others and you might not have liked the CD but even though I was not on that cruise I am absolutely positive that there were multiple other activities offered in addition to baggo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

Why can't he use hyperbole?  🥴

He can use hyperbole but only if he uses the proper hyperbole emoji (whatever that is) 😀

Edited by Paulchili

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2019 at 12:21 PM, DavidTheWonderer said:

There is always variations from cruise-to-cruise, so my TA experience on Riviera is prrobably not indicative of yours.  But for mine the cruise director was largely incompetent, and sea day activities were pretty well restricted to baggo.

I could not agree more.

 

After getting hooked on Crystal -- where the sea days are the attraction -- I was utterly bored on Marina.

Baggo, bingo, trivia (only good if CD knows how to do it right), utterly mediocre lecturers, an occasional entertaining cooking lesson from the Executive Chef . . . . .  jewelry hype, spa hype, future cruises hype.  You need to be able to entertain yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bitob said:

I could not agree more.

 

After getting hooked on Crystal -- where the sea days are the attraction -- I was utterly bored on Marina.

Baggo, bingo, trivia (only good if CD knows how to do it right), utterly mediocre lecturers, an occasional entertaining cooking lesson from the Executive Chef . . . . .  jewelry hype, spa hype, future cruises hype.  You need to be able to entertain yourself.

I notice that you said you got hooked on Crystal in May 2018 but you started the Roll Call for the Riviera Transatlantic March 31 2020 in Apr of 2018.  Are you still booked on the Riviera for March 31st?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Paulchili said:

David - this is a verbatim quote from you.

Do you maintain that this is a fact or just your impression of activities on your cruise?

Did you really expect people to believe that the ONLY activity on the entire TA was baggo and not question you on this?

Your cruise might have been a little different from others and you might not have liked the CD but even though I was not on that cruise I am absolutely positive that there were multiple other activities offered in addition to baggo.

That's what I was trying to tell you the other day Paul, you WERE on the cruise he is referring to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ORV said:

That's what I was trying to tell you the other day Paul, you WERE on the cruise he is referring to. 

I obviously missed that part.

How did you know David was referring to that particular Riviera TA cruise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I obviously missed that part.

How did you know David was referring to that particular Riviera TA cruise?

Maybe the only O cruise they took ??

 

I recall them complaining about having to sign for drinks even with the Prestige package   but they love Azamara

go figure  🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I obviously missed that part.

How did you know David was referring to that particular Riviera TA cruise?

As far as I know it's the only Oceania cruise they've been on. If I remember correctly there was a Cabin Crawl and their PH room was one of the rooms on the crawl. Or I could have been drinking and dreamed the whole thing up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ORV said:

As far as I know it's the only Oceania cruise they've been on. If I remember correctly there was a Cabin Crawl and their PH room was one of the rooms on the crawl. Or I could have been drinking and dreamed the whole thing up. 

Obviously your memory is much better than mine  🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to say...based on being LUCKY enough...to have sailed O a number of times...that  1) love the product (BTH I can only afford the T/As) and 2) Every one I have done...has been just the best...from the food..to the "lectures'" to the Trivia and 3) I have met people like "Paulchilli" who have helped me over the years ...because he is willing to share his expertise on travel/cruising etc. 

 

And you know what???? EVERYONE...has a different experience...but that doesn't make one "right or wrong"... I do love O...and I think the "reason" that CC exists...is to share our experience///help///thoughts///ideas etc. 

 

Can we just not try and be "compadres" in travel...??? and CARE about each other???  I think that is want most of us want???? 

Edited by LuAnn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ORV said:

As far as I know it's the only Oceania cruise they've been on. If I remember correctly there was a Cabin Crawl and their PH room was one of the rooms on the crawl. Or I could have been drinking and dreamed the whole thing up. 

 

Yes, you're right ORV.  Sorry, I've lost the roll-call list for that cruise so don't remember you precisely.

 

11 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe the only O cruise they took ??

 

I recall them complaining about having to sign for drinks even with the Prestige package   but they love Azamara

go figure  🙄

 

We very much enjoyed Azamara. Would not say "love", but certainly would cruise with them again in the right circumstances.  Not sure what kind of perjorative the "go figure" was meant to be.

 

8 hours ago, LuAnn said:

...

Can we just not try and be "compadres" in travel...??? and CARE about each other???  I think that is want most of us want???? 

 

Yes please, and thank you for this, LuAnn.  No enemies here, just differing opinions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 12:01 PM, LuAnn said:

I would like to say...based on being LUCKY enough...to have sailed O a number of times...that  1) love the product (BTH I can only afford the T/As) and 2) Every one I have done...has been just the best...from the food..to the "lectures'" to the Trivia and 3) I have met people like "Paulchilli" who have helped me over the years ...because he is willing to share his expertise on travel/cruising etc. 

 

And you know what???? EVERYONE...has a different experience...but that doesn't make one "right or wrong"... I do love O...and I think the "reason" that CC exists...is to share our experience///help///thoughts///ideas etc. 

 

Can we just not try and be "compadres" in travel...??? and CARE about each other???  I think that is want most of us want???? 

I like your positive  attitude !  It's refreshing as opposed to people complaining all the time.   We've been on maybe 15 cruises.  Most of them since we retired.  The one Oceania Cruise we took was great as were the others.  What's to complain about nothing.  Look around, turn on the TV, we are pretty LUCKY ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...