Propulsion problems on Grandeur?

1 minute ago, Lady Hudson said:

I have checked Grandeur’s position online. She is very close to Baltimore rather than just entering the Chesapeake as she normally would be at this time.  So something is up.  Hope someone else can post some news.

Just about crossing under the first of the two bridges...

?? 

36 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

I have checked Grandeur’s position online. She is very close to Baltimore rather than just entering the Chesapeake as she normally would be at this time.  So something is up.  Hope someone else can post some news.

The FB posts that I have seen said that she will get to Baltimore on Saturday.

Apparently, this is happening.

28 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Grandeur is already docked in Baltimore.

Thank you.  I think that my brain was off by a day.  I thought that Saturday was a day early with the next cruise scheduled for Sunday.  But it's Friday & Saturday.  CRAFT.  😄

Haven’t heard anything either.  Is it possible that they returned a few hours early for a medical emergency? If there were propulsion problems wouldn’t that cause the ship to go slower and perhaps return late, rather than early.   Can’t imagine that docking at 11 pm will assist in any repairs. Cam they get a maintenance crew out there at that hour? 

Was she on the 9 night Canada /New England run?  We recently took that run and lost  over 12 hours returning to Halifax because of a medical emergency. Even losing 12 hours, we arrived to Baltimore on time. 

I guess we'll find out later today.

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Thank you.  I think that my brain was off by a day.  I thought that Saturday was a day early with the next cruise scheduled for Sunday.  But it's Friday & Saturday.  CRAFT.  😄

She leaves  on Saturdays for 5 night cruise and on Thursdays for 9 night cruise while she is doing Bermuda doing warmer weather.

7 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Haven’t heard anything either.  Is it possible that they returned a few hours early for a medical emergency? If there were propulsion problems wouldn’t that cause the ship to go slower and perhaps return late, rather than early.   Can’t imagine that docking at 11 pm will assist in any repairs. Cam they get a maintenance crew out there at that hour? 

Was she on the 9 night Canada /New England run?  We recently took that run and lost  over 12 hours returning to Halifax because of a medical emergency. Even losing 12 hours, we arrived to Baltimore on time. 

I guess we'll find out later today.

I was on that cruise, also. I was hoping for an additional "free" day 🙂, but as you know, we got back on time easily.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cruisecrazybmore said:

Still on a cruise and not at work! I'm sure people will be complaining, loudly, at guest services. I feel for those people.

That’s how I feel.  Still on a cruise.  But this will probably delay our entry into Bermuda, IMHO.  I try to remember that the ship is a machine and machines do break down from time to time.  I will update when I know something else.  Katherine

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

That’s how I feel.  Still on a cruise.  But this will probably delay our entry into Bermuda, IMHO.  I try to remember that the ship is a machine and machines do break down from time to time.  I will update when I know something else.  Katherine

Hope it can be repaired quickly, safe sailing.