MSC Ocean Cay and Dorian

Fogfog

On 9/3/2019 at 8:28 AM, Beardface said:

Only the outward bands hit Ocean Cay.  While Grand Bahamas and Freeport was hit badly, Ocean Cay is located 85 miles to the southwest, which was largely avoided by the storm.  It even sounds like Freeport was largely avoided, with all lines expected to resume their sailings there within the next couple weeks.

You must mean Nassau not Freeport. Freeport is on Grand Bahama Island and was slammed!

• Like 1

Just now, Nashna said:

Serial Tequila...Don't worry about your country being the "laughing stock of the world"...sadly, I think we have that distinction.  

Just my opinion, but...I for one try never to judge an entire nation on the basis of its President, PM, legislature, etc. Again, just my opinion, take it or leave it. 😉

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Fogfog said:

I believe the OC is  like a 100 yr lease.... so perhaps the fees go to that "lease"

The Bahamas still own the land and after the lease--the property and its improvements revert back to the Bahamas

News reported that the US Coast Guard, the UN and Red Cross were on site for aid. No reports for the "Royal Navy"

I don't see anything inflammatory in asking where the Royals are, Khan (who instead of encouraging Londoners to give/support relief was bashing a US President) , or if Parliament was working to pass emergency aid....

I meant more along the lines of the bigger picture.  Look at all the ships and fees going there.  They can't even maintain the port building there.  Where does all that money go?  I have a pretty good idea where some is going.