Drinks packages on Ocean Cay

ssmea03

Here's a screen shot from the latest on drinks packages at Ocean Cay, taken from the FAQs on the new website. Does it mean ONLY purchased drinks packages can be used on the island? What about Easy with "All In"? And similarly, does it mean that the complimentary YC and Aurea packages also won't work on the island? Input from lawyers or insurance underwriters would be welcome.

Screenshot_2019-08-30-06-55-09.png

The Easy package that comes with the "All In" promotion is purchased by the higher rate charged, just like with Aurea and YC which pay for the included package with the cabin rate.

ETA:  The wording at he end about excluding Aurea and YC is referring to the $30p drinks package and a' la carte pricing that can be paid for while on the island.

Edited by Até

Basically means that if you bought a package a la carte, ie didn't come with your promo or Experience, it will be good in Ocean Cay. Obviously this doesn't apply to Aurea or YC (or a promo where a package is included), because you didn't actually buy a separate package - it's included in your fare 

If you have a package included - whether as a promo or part of your Experience - it works at Ocean Cay. 

You're excluded from buying the one day package or buying a separate package. 

The wording could be better - but essentially if you have Easy included whether as part of All In or Aurea or whatever - you're covered for same drinks at OC. You don't have to buy anything separate or extra.  (Same for YC but their "package" isn't really a package per se.  )

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Basically means that if you bought a package a la carte, ie didn't come with your promo or Experience, it will be good in Ocean Cay. Obviously this doesn't apply to Aurea or YC (or a promo where a package is included), because you didn't actually buy a separate package - it's included in your fare 

If you have a package included - whether as a promo or part of your Experience - it works at Ocean Cay. 

You're excluded from buying the one day package or buying a separate package. 

The wording could be better - but essentially if you have Easy included whether as part of All In or Aurea or whatever - you're covered for same drinks at OC. You don't have to buy anything separate or extra.  (Same for YC but their "package" isn't really a package per se.  )

Thanks, the wording changed overnight, yesterday it was unambiguous, "drinks packages will work on Ocean Cay, but P+ won't have the full range". Then this morning this version.I think the wording is awful.

• 3 weeks later...

It reads to me that if you have a package on the ship it is good for the island too.  What they're trying to express is that if you don't have a package on the ship you can purchase one for while on the island.  They are also trying to prevent Aurea and Yacht Club people who automatically have a package, and some actually don't even realize it, from accidentally purchasing the island one and then getting mad.  They are also trying to communicate that not all drink choices will exist on the island, so those with Premuim Plus may not have a full selection like on the ship.

Edited by Até
  • Like 2

I think it was smart of them to mention that the full complement of beverages may not be available. I for one don't see them having every bottle of wine and every premium spirit in sufficient quantities at every bar or restaurant on Ocean Cay like they would onboard the ship. That would be a logistical nightmare. (in my opinion)

• 5 months later...

We just booked the May 16 Seaside cruise and I don't see the Ocean Cay Alcoholic Package or anything similar anywhere, and I even looked in Excursions and Photo and Spa for it. :classic_ninja: Does anyone know if it has been discontinued, or if there is a minimum length of cruise that is available on?  (Our Seaside cruise is 5 days/4 nights).  Any help or hints would be appreciated!

P.S.: Also not related to drinks, but curious - does anyone know what the Seaside is doing between May 20 and May 23?  I don't see any cruises available for these days, and saw some complaints from last year that MSC changed the regular 7 day Seaside cruise to this shortened 4 day.

12 hours ago, Wor1dTrave11er said:

We just booked the May 16 Seaside cruise and I don't see the Ocean Cay Alcoholic Package or anything similar anywhere, and I even looked in Excursions and Photo and Spa for it. :classic_ninja: Does anyone know if it has been discontinued, or if there is a minimum length of cruise that is available on?  (Our Seaside cruise is 5 days/4 nights).  Any help or hints would be appreciated!

P.S.: Also not related to drinks, but curious - does anyone know what the Seaside is doing between May 20 and May 23?  I don't see any cruises available for these days, and saw some complaints from last year that MSC changed the regular 7 day Seaside cruise to this shortened 4 day.

The Ocean Cay drink package was discontinued many months ago, before the island even opened (or before it was slated to open either).

Any drink Package you have aboard works on the island just the same. 

Or pay as you go ashore.  

Enjoy 

• Thanks 1