Card being swiped for every round of drinks in Diamond lounge

On Oasis they took one card per table, not per person.... so they could not be monitoring each individual drinking patterns (otherwise they would think my friend who only seemed to hand her card over has a major drinking problem lol).... so my thinking it is for inventory and timing patterns. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Artemus said:

So, if you have a couple of free drinks in the DL during happy hour and leave, do you still have the three free drinks loaded on your card to use at other venues during happy hour

Yes, very common 

Edited by John&LaLa

Just off B2B on Mariner. Diamond Club barman was asking for Cabin number when ordering the first round. Also was using a shot glass to record amount of booze provided. I was getting Glenfidich and he was pouring doubles without me requesting them.

3 hours ago, Artemus said:

So, if you have a couple of free drinks in the DL during happy hour and leave, do you still have the three free drinks loaded on your card to use at other venues during happy hour

My normal DL happy hour routine on our last TA would be 1 or 2 Gin and Tonics at 4:30 at one of the pool bars. Then head up to the cabin to get my wife and we would hit the DL for a Martini or two.  Try to get one of the early shows and back to a gin and tonic in the showroom. Back to the DL for a a few chicken wings and a Martini.  Leave the DL and head to a 8pm specialty dinner and still get a Martini with dinner.  Have found they rarely run the sea pass card when ordering from the bartender as opposed to ordering from a waiter.  Bartender sees's Diamond printed on the sea pass card and just hands it back. We always tip a couple dollars each drink order.  happy cruising

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 6:42 AM, Host Clarea said:

This was reported from Majesty months (maybe more than a year)  ago.  Same inventory reason.

I was on Majesty last December and they weren't swiping cards then, so definitely in the last 8 or 9 months.

Ruth

39 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

My normal DL happy hour routine on our last TA would be 1 or 2 Gin and Tonics at 4:30 at one of the pool bars. Then head up to the cabin to get my wife and we would hit the DL for a Martini or two.  Try to get one of the early shows and back to a gin and tonic in the showroom. Back to the DL for a a few chicken wings and a Martini.  Leave the DL and head to a 8pm specialty dinner and still get a Martini with dinner.  Have found they rarely run the sea pass card when ordering from the bartender as opposed to ordering from a waiter.  Bartender sees's Diamond printed on the sea pass card and just hands it back. We always tip a couple dollars each drink order.  happy cruising

That is the way to do it‼️

• Like 1