Majesty of the Seas Jr Suite

I am curious about the JS on this ship - it appears that all the 'regular' balcony cabins are called Jr Suites and located under the pool deck -- which I normally avoid.

Has anyone been in a JS on this ship and can tell me the best location for less noise in the wee hours?

Thank you so much for your help.

I would try to get a stateroom close to the forward stair/elevator lobby.  Too far forward and you are under Windjammer.  Too far aft and you are under the main pool area.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, travelingla said:

I am curious about the JS on this ship - it appears that all the 'regular' balcony cabins are called Jr Suites and located under the pool deck -- which I normally avoid.

Has anyone been in a JS on this ship and can tell me the best location for less noise in the wee hours?

Thank you so much for your help.

If my memory serves, all the Junior Suites are on deck 9, the one right below the pool.   Ours was, but that was 10 years ago. 

6 minutes ago, BillOh said:

If my memory serves, all the Junior Suites are on deck 9, the one right below the pool.   Ours was, but that was 10 years ago. 

It's deck 10 on Sovereign class.  Many cruises on Monarch on deck 10.  There was this one stateroom that was just under the landing of a stairway to deck 11.  Worst ever, sounded like people were jumping from deck 11 onto the top of our stateroom.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, cb at sea said:

Majesty has the JS's on deck 10...It's a decent sized cabin...221. sq. ft.   Sometimes, you will hear thumping or scraping from above...but I swear, I'll take that over the teensy standard cabins ANYDAY!

Not me...I would rather get a restful night's sleep in my "teensy" cabin ( Have had a few of these) than  walking around in my "decent" sized cabin because I can't sleep because of the thumping/scraping going on above me.  As to the latter, I speak from personal experience...not fun.

On 8/30/2019 at 10:44 AM, Host Clarea said:

I would try to get a stateroom close to the forward stair/elevator lobby.  Too far forward and you are under Windjammer.  Too far aft and you are under the main pool area.

thank you - that is what I am looking at so wanted verification I am on the right track.  I still find it hard to believe every single 'regular balcony' JS is under this busy deck!  😞

We sailed on the Majesty in July. Originally we were booked in 1046 which was as far forward as was available based on reviews to avoid directly under the pool area. Once our Cuba stop was cancelled a bunch of cabins opened so we upgraded to Grand Suite 1538. Did not have any issues with noise from above. Great location being close to the stairs that go right to the buffet and pool area. The Majesty is definitely an aging ship but we found her to be clean and decently maintained. Especially loved the balcony. The overhang from above provides great shade.

1 hour ago, travelingla said:

thank you - that is what I am looking at so wanted verification I am on the right track.  I still find it hard to believe every single 'regular balcony' JS is under this busy deck!  😞

Take a look at a picture of Majesty.  These ships were built in the late 1980s/early 1990s.  Very few balcony cabins on that class of ship.  As time has gone on, more and more balcony cabins have been added.  Empress is the same way.  

2 hours ago, travelingla said:

Look at Radiance and Vision classes.  Virtually all suites are right under the pool deck.

On 8/31/2019 at 2:15 PM, mslhb said:

We sailed on the Majesty in July. Originally we were booked in 1046 which was as far forward as was available based on reviews to avoid directly under the pool area. Once our Cuba stop was cancelled a bunch of cabins opened so we upgraded to Grand Suite 1538. Did not have any issues with noise from above. Great location being close to the stairs that go right to the buffet and pool area. The Majesty is definitely an aging ship but we found her to be clean and decently maintained. Especially loved the balcony. The overhang from above provides great shade.

Thank you for the details -- we are booked in the row below 1538 forward of the stairs so thinking we will be ok. We will make the best of it whatever it is!  🙂

On 8/31/2019 at 4:05 PM, CruisinCons said:

Take a look at a picture of Majesty.  These ships were built in the late 1980s/early 1990s.  Very few balcony cabins on that class of ship.  As time has gone on, more and more balcony cabins have been added.  Empress is the same way.  

Actually, the Majesty is the only one of the three Sovereign Class ships that was built with any balconies at all.  The Sovereign and the Monarch were both built without balconies, although balconies were added to the rooms on deck 10 of those ships during dry docks around 15 years after the ships were built.  My wife and I still remember cruising on both the Sovereign and the Monarch before the balconies were added.  We had some great cruises without balconies and we used to really enjoy the dueling pianos that they had on the Sovereign and the Monarch.

On 8/30/2019 at 1:31 PM, cb at sea said:

Majesty has the JS's on deck 10...It's a decent sized cabin...221. sq. ft.   Sometimes, you will hear thumping or scraping from above...but I swear, I'll take that over the teensy standard cabins ANYDAY!

One compromise solution that my wife and I have used a few times is to book one of the oceanview rooms on deck 9.  Those rooms are quiet and they are 157 sq. ft, as opposed to the 122 sq. ft. rooms on the lower decks.  Those extra 35 sq. ft. really make a difference and, because of the extra space, the rooms on deck 9 have a sitting area, which the rooms on the lower decks lack.  Not only is deck 9 quieter than deck 10 but rooms on deck 9 usually cost only about half as much as the Junior Suites on deck 10 (which are smaller than Junior Suites on new ships but often cost just as much).

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty much the norm for Royal until Oasis

That was the norm until Oasis as far as full suites are concerned.  However, Voyager and Freedom class ships have a lot of Junior Suites in quiet areas on deck 9.

Just now, actuarian said:

That was the norm until Oasis as far as full suites are concerned.  However, Voyager and Freedom class ships have a lot of Junior Suites in quiet areas on deck 9.

Yep, our favorite deck on VOyager/Freedom class.

I really liked the balconies on Voyager. 

I haven't sailed on Majesty yet, (early next year) but we did sail several times on Monarch. The only Junior Suites that I would avoid are the ones that are far aft and particularly during school holidays. The aft section of deck 10 is occupied by Adventure Ocean, and we had a far aft JS on one sailing. The children sounded like a large herd of elephants running up and down the hall to their play space. And there is a little lobby in front of AO, where young girls seemed to like to hang out and shriek in chorus as loud as they possibly could. It was the worst and noisiest location we've ever had. 

We are booked pretty far forward on the Majesty cruise, by the forward elevators, in early February.  

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

I haven't sailed on Majesty yet, (early next year) but we did sail several times on Monarch. The only Junior Suites that I would avoid are the ones that are far aft and particularly during school holidays. The aft section of deck 10 is occupied by Adventure Ocean, and we had a far aft JS on one sailing. The children sounded like a large herd of elephants running up and down the hall to their play space. And there is a little lobby in front of AO, where young girls seemed to like to hang out and shriek in chorus as loud as they possibly could. It was the worst and noisiest location we've ever had. 

We are booked pretty far forward on the Majesty cruise, by the forward elevators, in early February.  

Opposite here as well. Love the Aft elevators.

I've never noticed any excess noise from AO.

Deck 11 above isn't that bad either

Plus that little lobby just around the corner is a great place to leave your room service tray😉