What are your favorite foods on Princess Ships?

Cruisin' Family

Hmmmmm...soufflés, that chocolate pistachio dome dessert,  goat cheese soufflé, and a duck breast appetizer that I do not recall the name of....

oh, and escargot....

there are many nice choices...everyone will have their own favorites...the nice thing is you can try something new and if you don't like it there will be several other things offfered and you can always get something different.

enjoy your upcoming adventures!!

• Like 2

Fettuccine Alfredo is almost always excellent in the MDR.  Princess' version of Escargots differs from HAL's slightly, but they are delicious--just need a bit more garlic, I think.

The pasta dishes on the luncheon menu never fail to disappoint.  During the embarkation lunch, a ricotta cheese/spinach Ravioli have appeared on both Royal Princess and Coral Princess.  Ordered both times:  serving size is reasonable and just simply delicious.  Your Steward will offer grated Parmesan Cheese after it is served.  Load it on!

Princess' Baked Alaska dessert and Parade at the end of the cruise was memorable and the Baked Alaska, while an individual dessert, was delicious.

On two occasions, we have loved the Bavarian Buffet on the Royal princess. We have spent a good deal of time in Germany and this buffet on the Royal is authentic with a very wide variety and a few of our favorite German specialties - Obaztder - a cheese dip made with beer, whole roasted pork, great sauerkraut and the best red cabbage anywhere! And let's not forget the German tortes - totally awesome!

If we dine in the MDR on the first night, I have always enjoyed the prime rib. As a matter of fact, on our Jan Royal trip, they had prime rib at the carving station in the buffet. I was a little apprehensive, but tried it and it was tender and delicious.  

We also enjoy Alfredo’s,  and the quiche from the International Cafe. 

• Like 2

Some favorites listed here!!!!!    Basics like the Fettucini and the Goat Cheese Souflle.

Except, no offense to anyone,  the Curtis Stone so-called stew with the breading/biscuit topper.   That thing was HORRID.

Maybe they have tweeked the new menus since they were rolled out (on the Regal). but many items were just plain BAD.  Over cooked, over salted,  and many menu cutbacks... cheap processed filler instead of the meat and veggies.   Like the great 'slop' that the one lobster tail was served on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Clampram said:

On two occasions, we have loved the Bavarian Buffet on the Royal princess. We have spent a good deal of time in Germany and this buffet on the Royal is authentic with a very wide variety and a few of our favorite German specialties - Obaztder - a cheese dip made with beer, whole roasted pork, great sauerkraut and the best red cabbage anywhere! And let's not forget the German tortes - totally awesome!

We are doing the Baltics on the Sky. Do they list the Bavarian Buffet in the Patter? We will be in Germany but the restaurants I'm finding are all seafood and my husband wants traditional German food. Is this a lunch or dinner thing?