Niagara Falls and Holland Cruise

RocketMan275

I would take a Niagara flight from Toronto Island Airport:  Fly GTA. They also have tour packages if you want all-inclusive.

If you are staying downtown it’s the best possible airport to fly in and out of.  Less hassle.  Less congestion.  Right in the city.  Both Air Canada and Porter Airlines use this airport as a home base.  Porter sends you great sales if you sign up with your email address.  Their included lounge has free snacks and beverages.  They are an awesome airline.  

The shuttle is free between the downtown core (outside Union Station/the Royal York) and the airport.  You can either take the ferry or the tunnel to the terminal.

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I would take a Niagara flight from Toronto Island Airport:  Fly GTA. They also have tour packages if you want all-inclusive.

If you are staying downtown it’s the best possible airport to fly in and out of.  Less hassle.  Less congestion.  Right in the city.  Both Air Canada and Porter Airlines use this airport as a home base.  Porter sends you great sales if you sign up with your email address.  Their included lounge has free snacks and beverages.  They are an awesome airline.  

The shuttle is free between the downtown core (outside Union Station/the Royal York) and the airport.  You can either take the ferry or the tunnel to the terminal.

Good point.  If the OP is staying in Toronto, then do Porter as they fly from downtown.

But if they are connecting and getting out and to Niagara Falls, they will want Air Canada or West Jet (if it goes there but it might mean changing terminals).  They fly out of Pearson Airport where the OP will be flying into.

It’s time consuming to get from Pearson to downtown Toronto.  There is a shuttle but it still takes time.  

Glad you mentioned it, MissG 🙂 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kazu said:

Good point.  If the OP is staying in Toronto, then do Porter as they fly from downtown.

But if they are connecting and getting out and to Niagara Falls, they will want Air Canada or West Jet (if it goes there but it might mean changing terminals).  They fly out of Pearson Airport where the OP will be flying into.

It’s time consuming to get from Pearson to downtown Toronto.  There is a shuttle but it still takes time.  

Glad you mentioned it, MissG 🙂 

I may have missed your point (been a long day) but FlyGTA out of Billy Bishop is the best option for a regional airline to Niagara.

Agree that Pearson is a distance (and time-consuming) from the city.  I find the UP Express is the best option from Pearson to city centre.  Porter is the best option from downtown to QC.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I may have missed your point (been a long day) but FlyGTA out of Billy Bishop is the best option for a regional airline to Niagara.

Agree that Pearson is a distance (and time-consuming) from the city.  I find the UP Express is the best option from Pearson to city centre.  Porter is the best option from downtown to QC.

Long day for me too. 😉 

UP Express is pretty good other than the wait.

Air Canada will take them to QC direct and non stop. 

but stopping in Niagara first will involve a one connection on A/C and Porter takes them to the U.S.  At least, from what I saw.  I confess I didn’t check Westjet.

the more I think about it, from Toronto, the train or bus might work best for them to get to Niagara Falls if they want to do that first.  Or a tour type situation.  Lots of those are available.  It’s not really that far from Toronto and would be a pleasant trip.

For the OP, trains in Canada let you load your luggage so you don’t need to worry about (as do the buses).  So, it’s an easy trip.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Long day for me too. 😉 

UP Express is pretty good other than the wait.

Air Canada will take them to QC direct and non stop. 

but stopping in Niagara first will involve a one connection on A/C and Porter takes them to the U.S.  At least, from what I saw.  I confess I didn’t check Westjet.

the more I think about it, from Toronto, the train or bus might work best for them to get to Niagara Falls if they want to do that first.  Or a tour type situation.  Lots of those are available.  It’s not really that far from Toronto and would be a pleasant trip.

For the OP, trains in Canada let you load your luggage so you don’t need to worry about (as do the buses).  So, it’s an easy trip.  

I think I just caught up on your long day.  😂

Just came across this discussion and thought I'd put in my thoughts as well.  We live in the Niagara area (Canadian side) and are often in Niagara Falls.  You have received much advice, and only you can decide what you will finally do.  As someone who lives in close proximity to the Falls, my question to you is...why would you even try to do  the side trip to Niagara Falls in one day?  You would end up spending most of your time in transit, and by using various modes of transportation convenient connections are not always possible.  If you are interested in the Niagara area, then a separate trip would be the most relaxing way to do it.

My advice to you is fly into Buffalo NY and use an airport transfer i.e. Niagara Airbus to come across the border and it will take you to your hotel.  Yes, crossing the border may take awhile, but buses  seem to go into a priority lane and it's quite quick...less than an hour from the Buffalo Airport to Niagara Falls. There are local tour companies in Niagara for visiting the area including Niagara-on-the Lake.

To get to Quebec City...there is a commuter plane from Niagara to Toronto City Centre Airport, however that will get you into downtown Toronto and a very long way from Toronto Pearson Airport.  The more efficient way would be to once again use Niagara Airbus which will take you directly to the airport.  We take it all the time, and depending on the time of day about 2+ hours.  This way you totally bypass downtown Toronto, and that will save time. Train schedules to Toronto from Niagara are improving but do not run frequently and make many stops.

There are several options for air travel from Toronto Pearson Airport to Quebec City, only a few direct flights with most flights requiring a change of planes in Montreal.  

All this is doable in a day, providing all the connections work in your favour.  Please leave yourself some time to visit Quebec City, which is a very charming old city.       J.

Just came across this discussion and thought I'd put in my thoughts as well.  We live in the Niagara area (Canadian side) and are often in Niagara Falls.  You have received much advice, and only you can decide what you will finally do.  As someone who lives in close proximity to the Falls, my question to you is...why would you even try to do  the side trip to Niagara Falls in one day?  You would end up spending most of your time in transit, and by using various modes of transportation convenient connections are not always possible.  If you are interested in the Niagara area, then a separate trip would be the most relaxing way to do it.

My advice to you is fly into Buffalo NY and use an airport transfer i.e. Niagara Airbus to come across the border and it will take you to your hotel.  Yes, crossing the border may take awhile, but buses  seem to go into a priority lane and it's quite quick...less than an hour from the Buffalo Airport to Niagara Falls. There are local tour companies in Niagara for visiting the area including Niagara-on-the Lake.

To get to Quebec City...there is a commuter plane from Niagara to Toronto City Centre Airport, however that will get you into downtown Toronto and a very long way from Toronto Pearson Airport.  The more efficient way would be to once again use Niagara Airbus which will take you directly to the airport.  We take it all the time, and depending on the time of day about 2+ hours.  This way you totally bypass downtown Toronto, and that will save time. Train schedules to Toronto from Niagara are improving but do not run frequently and make many stops.

There are several options for air travel from Toronto Pearson Airport to Quebec City, only a few direct flights with most flights requiring a change of planes in Montreal.  

All this is doable in a day, providing all the connections work in your favour.  Please leave yourself some time to visit Quebec City, which is a very charming old city.       J.

6 minutes ago, roses313 said:

To get to Quebec City...there is a commuter plane from Niagara to Toronto City Centre Airport, however that will get you into downtown Toronto and a very long way from Toronto Pearson Airport.

Porter flies from Toronto City Centre to Quebec City.  No need to go from Pearson.  Plus it’s a much more pleasant experience.