Breakaway to Western Caribbean 9/1 in Haven

graphicguy

30 minutes ago, Joeghartman said:

Good luck! My friend is on the ship now. It was  scheduled to return on Monday, then Tuesday, but waiting for a final word.

Thanks!

Tracking Breakaway, it’s got a pretty good head of steam and should be in Miami early tomorrow.  Saw a post from someone on board stating they’re supposed to be in Miami early a.m.

NCL was supposed to let me know my status at 1500 today.  That time has come and gone.  If this goes sideways, given they had a chance to cancel this any time in the last 48 hours after seeing how serious this storm is, that’s not a good thing.....AT ALL!

Particularly given I’ll be out quite a bit of money in a wasted flight and a hotel room,   Plus, I don’t know how much it’s going to cost me to turn around and go home.

I’m sitting in Atlanta airport right now waiting for my flight to Miami.  I’m a positive person.  It takes a lot to get me sideways.  If they cancel this, that would trigger “a lot”.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Oakman58 said:

Good Luck.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, oncruisecontrol said:

Would be nice if NCL gave us a concrete update by now.  How can they justify leaving the 9/1 passengers hanging for so long? 

Yeah.....they’re late giving an update by “3:00 p.m. or earlier”

2 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

You are in for a adventure, safe trip and good luck 

I love adventures.....  ;). As Ike and Tina Turner always said....”we never do nothin’ nice and easy”!

2 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Have a great flight and enjoy your Haven experience. 

Good luck 😉

Thanks, that’s the plan!

37 minutes ago, txhomeschoolmom said:

Safe travels!!

Thanks!  Feeling good about things right now.  We’ll see if I have good reason to feel that way!

15 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks!

Tracking Breakaway, it’s got a pretty good head of steam and should be in Miami early tomorrow.  Saw a post from someone on board stating they’re supposed to be in Miami early a.m.

NCL was supposed to let me know my status at 1500 today.  That time has come and gone.  If this goes sideways, given they had a chance to cancel this any time in the last 48 hours after seeing how serious this storm is, that’s not a good thing.....AT ALL!

Particularly given I’ll be out quite a bit of money in a wasted flight and a hotel room,   Plus, I don’t know how much it’s going to cost me to turn around and go home.

I’m sitting in Atlanta airport right now waiting for my flight to Miami.  I’m a positive person.  It takes a lot to get me sideways.  If they cancel this, that would trigger “a lot”.

Welcome to Atlanta...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, aero777 said:

Stay positive! Biggest concern right now: where to eat after embarkation. I vote Margaritaville. P.S. If they don’t offer it ask Bowen. Have a great cruise!

I am a positive person.  I’m OK.  After the last 48 hours and the ambivalence and no reliable communication from NCL, I’m a little frazzled.

5 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Sid.....sitting in the Delta Club having a cocktail as I type this. 😉

Have a wonderful cruise.  Supposed to be a rain day tomorrow in Miami but once you get out of Miami, clear skies ahead.

So your cruise got shortened by 1 day?

Edited by david_sobe

5 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Have a wonderful cruise.  Supposed to be a rain day tomorrow in Miami but once you get out of Miami, clear skies ahead.

So your cruise got shortened by 1 day?

David...good to know the weather will be at our back.

Right now, we’re supposed to sail 9/1-9/8.   No changes (yet).

This is the last communication I got from NCL.  

“Norwegian Breakaway – September 1, 2019 Sailing
We are in communication with the United States Coast Guard to confirm if Norwegian Breakaway will be able to return to Miami, Florida on September 1, 2019.  We will provide an update by 3 p.m. or sooner on Saturday, August 31.”

3:00 p.m. had come and gone.  Same thing yesterday.  NCL was supposed to get back to me last night at 8:00 p.m. I didn’t hear anything until late and they didn’t really tell me anything when they did contact me.

As I said, if they weren’t sure they could go out, they could have saved all of us a lot of grief (and now money) by cancelling.  Now, we’re about 24 hours out from sailing, and I still have no idea if/when we’re sailing.

something tells me if they can’t make a decision within 72 hours of sailing whether they can sail, you cancel.  To exacerbate this by not making a decision 24 hours out from sailing is NOT GOOD!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

David...good to know the weather will be at our back.

Right now, we’re supposed to sail 9/1-9/8.   No changes (yet).

This is the last communication I got from NCL.  

“Norwegian Breakaway – September 1, 2019 Sailing
We are in communication with the United States Coast Guard to confirm if Norwegian Breakaway will be able to return to Miami, Florida on September 1, 2019.  We will provide an update by 3 p.m. or sooner on Saturday, August 31.”

3:00 p.m. had come and gone.  Same thing yesterday.  NCL was supposed to get back to me last night at 8:00 p.m. I didn’t hear anything until late and they didn’t really tell me anything when they did contact me.

As I said, if they weren’t sure they could go out, they could have saved all of us a lot of grief (and now money) by cancelling.  Now, we’re about 24 hours out from sailing, and I still have no idea if/when we’re sailing.

something tells me if they can’t make a decision within 72 hours of sailing whether they can sail, you cancel.  To exacerbate this by not making a decision 24 hours out from sailing is NOT GOOD!

South Florida is completely out of the cone.  The rain day tomorrow has nothing to do with the storm.  Today is a beautiful day in Miami.  But we will get some gusty winds and rain in a few days from the storm.  We dodged a bullet for sure.  Have a great cruise.

1 minute ago, david_sobe said:

South Florida is completely out of the cone.  The rain day tomorrow has nothing to do with the storm.  Today is a beautiful day in Miami.  But we will get some gusty winds and rain in a few days from the storm.  We dodged a bullet for sure.  Have a great cruise.

Thanks.  I’ll be fine right after my first martini on board tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for letting me whine!

• Haha 1

Norwegian Breakaway – September 1, 2019Sailing
Due to Hurricane Dorian in the Caribbean, the departure schedule for the September 1, 2019voyage on Norwegian Breakaway has been revised to accommodate an earlier check-in beginning at 9 a.m. All guests must be at the port by 11 a.m. or sooner, as the United States Coast Guard will be taking all necessary precautions to prepare the port for closure later that day, in advance of the storm.  The ship will sail her original Western Caribbean itinerary.

Hot off the presses....

And to think I was going to fly in the morning of.

Not good news for those who are indeed flying in tomorrow to meet the ship.

• Like 1

Just now, graphicguy said:

WHAT?  Who said the cruise is cancelled?

My TA confirmed the early embarkation a couple of hours ago.

NCL hasn’t said anything to me.

I’m sitting in MIAMI now.  It’s not even breezy.

Is this a joke?

Port of Miami closed for inbound at noon. The Captain of the Port raised the hurricane condition to YANKEE. 

The port of Miami is closing tonight without knowing when it will reopen.  It could be as late as Wednesday.  The Breakaway is not allowed to dock tomorrow so they are stuck at sea.  Its really horrible.  Its not NCL, is the port of Miami that pulled this stunt.

Edited by david_sobe