Shore excursion price promise

Expatcat

HAL newbie booking a shore excursion....I wanted to check I have understood their price promise correctly!

HAL has the tour we want, however it is more expensive than an outside provider. If I book through HAL and submit the correct paperwork I can get the difference in price as an OBC I believe. Does anyone know how this works when HAL prices in US dollars and competitor is priced in another currency? If I make the request and it is rejected, can I just cancel the HAL shore excursion without penalty and book with the competition?

Thanks for any help you can give!

5 minutes ago, Expatcat said:

HAL newbie booking a shore excursion....I wanted to check I have understood their price promise correctly!

HAL has the tour we want, however it is more expensive than an outside provider. If I book through HAL and submit the correct paperwork I can get the difference in price as an OBC I believe. Does anyone know how this works when HAL prices in US dollars and competitor is priced in another currency? If I make the request and it is rejected, can I just cancel the HAL shore excursion without penalty and book with the competition?

Thanks for any help you can give!

I haven't yet started looking at excursions, but at other cruise lines, we almost always take private excursions, partly because we prefer smaller groups (a big factor) but also because they usually charge less... unless they are "unavailable" when the ship is in port due to restrictions from the cruise line.

Is this really a "thing" with HAL?

Thanks!

GC

The HAL and private tours have to be identical for the price match guarantee to be approved. If it is approved, you get 110% of the difference as an OBC.

But the devil is in the details, it has to be identical. 

12 minutes ago, kimberlyFDR said:

I recently posted about my experience with this.

Very appreciative of HAL for doing this.

Thank you for posting this - I knew I’d read this somewhere and I did a search and couldn’t find it!