Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Host Anne

Edge Cruise Critic Party - September 1

Recommended Posts

Thanks to Celebrity for a great Cruise Critic party today.  It was nice to see both Cruise Critic members and many Edge officers join the party.  Special thanks to Chloe, Edge's event manager, for her hard work to make the party happen.  Here's our photo of those who stayed till the end.  THANKS to all who attended and special thanks as well to Captain Kate for joining us as well.

 

 

 

IMG_2729.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Anne

Very nice photo. Hope to hear more abpur yoyr  cruise and EDGE as it is now. We are returning in Nov.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, the burning question...are they charging gratuities on beverage package drinks, per the rumor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone ~ so far, we are enjoying ourselves immensely.  We were on Edge in January and I'll be doing a review and comparison between the two cruises.  We have a Sunset Veranda for this cruise.  These have always been among our favorite cabins on Celebrity ships and we love this one.  Beautiful cabin and very nice veranda.  

 

Food and service in the main dining rooms (we've been in Normandie and Tuscan thus far) has been outstanding.  We have Celebrity Select but I pre-reserved most evenings.  We liked out table and waiters in Normandie the first night  so much that we were willing to adjust our time for the other evenings we are dining in here so we  could keep the same table and waiters.  There were very happy to make that request happen if we were willing to adjust our reservation time (8:30 instead of 8:00).  We were happy to do that so we can take in shows that were at 7:30 if we wanted to as well so it all worked out.

 

I'll continue to post here when I have a few minutes but most of this cruise is port intensive and we have planned tours each day.  Please feel free to post questions and I'll answer as time permits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 39august said:

So, the burning question...are they charging gratuities on beverage package drinks, per the rumor?

 

We had the GO BEST perks package for months so I'm not sure if they are charging gratuities on the package you purchase on board but I'll see if I can find out.  There have been no gratuities charged on any drinks we've ordered but then the GO BEST package said gratuities were included.

 

We did have an issue with our seapass cards saying we had the Classic Package.  Fortunately, I bring all my paperwork along and it clearly stated that the GO BEST Package included the Premium Drinks.  They quickly corrected our seapass cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Host Anne said:

I'll be doing a review and comparison between the two cruises

Very interested to see the differences. Anne, do you have a lounger on your SV? Did the SV cabins get a coffee table (inside)? I hadn't heard that they had (just heard that sky suites got one), but wondered if they have done anything to improve room service in those cabins. If you are on deck 7 or 8, or meet someone who is, could you see if there is any noise issue from Eden in those SV's. It hasn't been described yet, but I have 3 cruises booked in deck 7 SV's on the Edge and Apex, so am hoping that it is quiet there. 🙂

 

Would you be able to find out if the new smaller chairs that they ordered for the IVs ever arrived and what people think of them?

 

Thanks! Enjoy your port explorations! 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anne

Can't wait to hear about the Sunset Veranda.  We were in AQ Class in Jan but will have a SV on deck 7 in Nov for the ABC Island itin,  with the 4 mdrs.   We have 6 pm dinner res so we'll  do the later shows and whatever seems interesting in  the Club or at the Rooftop garden...

 

We'd  love to hear about any changes in general, current CD,  shows,  music, stores or anything you are able to share..

 

Most  of all ENJOY!

 

 

Edited by hcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2019 at 4:41 PM, vtcruising said:

Very interested to see the differences. Anne, do you have a lounger on your SV? Did the SV cabins get a coffee table (inside)? I hadn't heard that they had (just heard that sky suites got one), but wondered if they have done anything to improve room service in those cabins. If you are on deck 7 or 8, or meet someone who is, could you see if there is any noise issue from Eden in those SV's. It hasn't been described yet, but I have 3 cruises booked in deck 7 SV's on the Edge and Apex, so am hoping that it is quiet there. 🙂

 

Would you be able to find out if the new smaller chairs that they ordered for the IVs ever arrived and what people think of them?

 

Thanks! Enjoy your port explorations! 🙂

 

Greetings from Edge ~ we have a lounger on our SV but our friends traveling with us and next door to us (two couples in two separate SVs) do not have a lounger.  No coffee table in the cabin and still just a very small round table on the veranda.  Everyone talks about how difficult it is to have breakfast delivered to your room and eat it on your veranda.  There just isn't much place to put anything.

 

We're on deck 11 so we haven't met anyone on decks 7 or 8.  But we have been in Eden several times at night and I can't imagine that it would affect an SV on deck 7 or 8.  They are only doing the show in Eden every other night at the moment.  It's a new cast from those who opened the ship.  They've trimmed the time a bit but still nothing that gives you an idea of what the show is about unless you dine in Eden on deck 4 and read the TV screens with cast information.  I was taking sunset photos from the upper ramp in Eden and noticed the screens in the restaurant.

 

I'll look at little closer at the IVs but the chairs looked the same to me as they were in January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2019 at 4:50 PM, hcat said:

Anne

Can't wait to hear about the Sunset Veranda.  We were in AQ Class in Jan but will have a SV on deck 7 in Nov for the ABC Island itin,  with the 4 mdrs.   We have 6 pm dinner res so we'll  do the later shows and whatever seems interesting in  the Club or at the Rooftop garden...

 

We'd  love to hear about any changes in general, current CD,  shows,  music, stores or anything you are able to share..

 

Most  of all ENJOY!

 

 

 

I'm working on a complete review.  We have always loved the veranda cabins at the ship and most of the time book those, regardless of the ships.  The SV's on Edge are great and the veranda is a nice size.  The main dining rooms have been great.  

 

I'll be sure to post a link here to the review but it will probably be at least two weeks before I'm home and get time to finish it.  This is a port intensive cruise so I'm spending little time on my computer or even on the ship.  But I'll be sharing info as soon as I can!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...