Park Run in Quebec

Fish & Chips

I just checked this website out since I'm pretty familiar with Quebec and unless I just didn't click on the right little "icon", it doesn't look like there is one right in Quebec City... one in Montreal, one near Trois Riviere.  I would use the "contact us" button on the web site to confirm.  The streets in the old town IMHO would be difficult for a runner not familiar with them and right outside the walls is a bustling city!  If you want to map out a path for yourself perhaps the folks at parkrun.com could help?  If I was going to go for a run (which will never happen....) I'd go out to Ile d Orleans with my rental car, find a place to park and run there... scenic, pretty flat......

• Like 1

There’s no need to go all the way to the Ile d’Orléans to run (and I don’t think there are any good routes there). Just outside the walls of the Upper Town above the port lies the Plains of Abraham, a vast park and site of the decisive battle in 1759 where you can find lots of routes. I’m not sure about organized runs there but certainly one can see lots of runners in this park.  There are also bike/pedestrian paths along the St. Lawrence and St. Charles Rivers where one can run.

A quick check on the internet will give all the details. 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 2:08 PM, laverendrye said:

There’s no need to go all the way to the Ile d’Orléans to run (and I don’t think there are any good routes there). Just outside the walls of the Upper Town above the port lies the Plains of Abraham, a vast park and site of the decisive battle in 1759 where you can find lots of routes. I’m not sure about organized runs there but certainly one can see lots of runners in this park.  There are also bike/pedestrian paths along the St. Lawrence and St. Charles Rivers where one can run.

A quick check on the internet will give all the details. 

DUH.... you are so right!  I completely forgot about the plains of Abraham I was so focused on streets... and us hosts have been working a lot on hurricane boards as you might imagine. Actually out on the island there is a "cross road" where a friend of mine cycles and I was thinking about that but why go there when you can run through history??

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your great replies.  It's getting so exciting and we are looking forward to spending 3 days in Quebec. 

If I may ask another question 🙂 As UK citizens will we need a visa for Canada? I have found conflicting advice, such as only if you are flying into a Canadian airport. We are wondering if we should just get one anyway.

20 hours ago, Fish & Chips said:

Thank you everyone for your great replies.  It's getting so exciting and we are looking forward to spending 3 days in Quebec. 

If I may ask another question 🙂 As UK citizens will we need a visa for Canada? I have found conflicting advice, such as only if you are flying into a Canadian airport. We are wondering if we should just get one anyway.

You do not need a visa as a UK citizen to enter Canada. However if you are arriving by air you will need an electronic travel authorization (eTA). If you arrive by other means such as cruise ship an eTA is not required. You can obtain the eTA online for a fee of $7.(US Citizens are exempt from the eTA requirement. For more information check the following Government of Canada website. 

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta/facts.html

Edited by laverendrye
  • Like 1