What do you like better about Labadee vs Coco Cay?

I liked the over water cabana at Labadee....but other than that...I liked CocoCay better and since CocoCay will have over water soon.....  The wife liked the hills side/forest views at Labadee but like me she also preferred the wide open ocean views at CocoCay.  Generally I thought the water was clearer (not green tinted from all the vegetation), water was warmed, much more fish in the water, more strongly enforced smoking policy at CocoCay.  We had someone who thought it was okay to literally stand on the private walkway that went behind us to get into our cabana in Labadee (because it wasn't easily visible to staff and he stick his stuff behind a stone in a pinch) and vape for 2 hours while he shouted to his kids swimming 30 feet away until we had enough and had to walk over to the bar and get an attendant to come explain that there is a smoking section and chase him off...it really degraded our experience...and I'm sure he felt our actions degraded his by the looks and gestures.  If the staff had been more attentive it never would have happened (the attendant had walked past him multiple times without saying anything like 'hey, you aren't in this cabana why are you here' or "that looks like a vape pen, the smoking section is over there".

• Like 1

I loved the over the water cabana at Labadee better than the cabanas at CocoCay. We had to walk a ways to get into the water at CocoCay whereas the water was right there in Labadee. The suite area is way more private in Labadee and the food was nicer. We saw plenty of fish at both locations so that wasn't an issue.

No dedicated suite area yet on Coco Cay, but wondering if the new construction (that had already started) prior to this past hurricane in progress if there will be one incorporated................................But in reality, doubtful.

Just hoping Coco cay does not get damaged too bad.

Safe travels.

I  like the scenery at Labadee being more tropical and relaxing than Coco Cay.  I saw more  fish and rays and turtles and a large ray while  snorkeling at Coco Cay. Toss up.

They both have a unique and pleasant vibe. 

I enjoyed the variety on Coco Cay. Labadee is nice but now Perfect Day has so much to offer. That huge pool with in water loungers and swim up bar is great. There are trams running to take you to the various areas if you don't feel like walking.

I agree with some of the others.  The over the water cabanas in Labadee are amazing.  I'm willing to pay a lot more for thoe than any of the cabans that they have available on Coco Cay.  I like the vegetation on Labadee also. 

We're just looking now to book our excursions. We have our 3 (allegedly adult) children with us. Would the over the water cabana in Labadee be a good option for us? Our kids will likely be doing some more active things (zipline, water sports, etc), but we'd be happy just relaxing. 

Also it mentions that lunch is complimentary. Is this anything decent? And would it be good for all 5 of us? 

The price tag ($550) seems steep, just want to make sure its all worth it. 

Edited by davisrnr

Hard to find something better on Labadee. We enjoyed the roller coaster at labadee. But Coco Cay by far was a better experience. Many things were better to me...

BATHROOMS

Food many options plus funnel cake and taco bar

Also many places to eat. 

Beach loungers already setup and you dont have to haggle with locals for a lounger and tip them

Swim up pool bar

HUGE POOL

Vendors dont harass you. If you want to shop you have to make it a point and go to their stands and shop. 

Simply beautiful man made spot to enjoy with family.

Water Playground for kids PHENOMENAL it's free! Plus the ship they can slide thru. GENIUS!

We were there on a full Allure cruise. Never seemed crowded on the island. Like the neighborhoods on the ship, coco cay also has neighborhoods that keep the people spread out. 

Music and pool bar vibe was fun and energetic.

2 hours ago, Judyrem said:

I  like the scenery at Labadee being more tropical and relaxing than Coco Cay.  I saw more  fish and rays and turtles and a large ray while  snorkeling at Coco Cay. Toss up.

They both have a unique and pleasant vibe. 

Where did you snorkel? Did you do an excursion or from a beach? 

2 hours ago, tullers said:

In my experience Coco Cay is more of an activity/adventure based experience.  Labadee is amazing views with the mountains & sea a more relaxed vibe.  It really depends on taste and preference.

Ironic how a year ago it was the other way around with CocoCay being the non commercialized relaxing unspoiled island while Labadee had the extras.

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ironic how a year ago it was the other way around with CocoCay being the non commercialized relaxing unspoiled island while Labadee had the extras.

Let's be honest, Perfect Day at Coco Cay is now a theme park.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Angelfsh131 said:

We went by the rocks facing the ship with umbrellas and chairs.  Go to the right and there they have a fish party with a ray and turtle swimming through them.  It is by the snorkel shop but in the second lagoon farther right facing out to sea..

Edited by Judyrem
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, renza said:

We go to labadee at least once a year, I hope to never go back to Coco cay. A theme park atmosphere. 

DF2C682F-CD14-406F-96F0-04C6D10F7B7F.jpeg

My granddaughter was not even interested in Coco Cay water rides nor did she want to do anything but snorkel and look for sea creatures. She has a season pass to Water Country/Busch Gardens Williamsburg.  She said why use a pool when you have the ocean to explore and find treasures.

39 minutes ago, Angelfsh131 said:

We went by the rocks facing the ship with umbrellas and chairs.  Go to the right and there they have a fish party with a ray and turtle swimming through them.  It is by the snorkel shop but in the second lagoon farther left.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

My granddaughter was not even interested in Coco Cay water rides nor did she want to do anything but snorkel and look for sea creatures. She has a season pass to Water Country/Busch Gardens Williamsburg.  She said why use a pool when you have the ocean to explore and find treasures.

We went by the rocks facing the ship with umbrellas and chairs.  Go to the right and there they have a fish party with a ray and turtle swimming through them.  It is by the snorkel shop but in the second lagoon farther left.

We snorkeled as well but didn’t find it great. I guess we r spoiled with going to the keys all the time. 

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

No dedicated suite area yet on Coco Cay, but wondering if the new construction (that had already started) prior to this past hurricane in progress if there will be one incorporated................................But in reality, doubtful.

Just hoping Coco cay does not get damaged too bad.

Safe travels.

Looks like from pictures did not get Damage that thought it would have. Few pictures have been posted

Edited by ONECRUISER

12 hours ago, Judyrem said:

Farther right!  My bad.