Cruise Critic Community
Techie_Chick

Rony’s Tours Question

After reading all of the positive reviews here and elsewhere, we’ve decided to book a private tour with Rony’s.

After placing the booking he asked us to pay a deposit or pay in full. We don’t have a problem with this. We were actually thinking of just paying in full so we don’t have to worry about it when we get there.

My concern is what if we miss the port for some reason. Does anyone have any experience with booking a tour with Rony’s and then not making it there for some reason?  Was he hard to get a refund from?

He is very trustworthy.  We have know him and toured with him for 10 years +/-.  I'm sure he'd refund your money if the port was missed for some reason.  He, as well as the other tour companies, rely on business from tourists to support their families.  I doubt any would risk a bad review by not refunding your money.  Rony is a great guy - I'm sure you will have a memorable day!

On 9/1/2019 at 8:00 AM, Techie_Chick said:

After reading all of the positive reviews here and elsewhere, we’ve decided to book a private tour with Rony’s.

After placing the booking he asked us to pay a deposit or pay in full. We don’t have a problem with this. We were actually thinking of just paying in full so we don’t have to worry about it when we get there.

My concern is what if we miss the port for some reason. Does anyone have any experience with booking a tour with Rony’s and then not making it there for some reason?  Was he hard to get a refund from?

This was the issue I was having.  Seems like both Rony and Bodden are highly recommended here.  For a upcoming sailing,  Rony asked for a deposit or pay in full... Bodden didn't.  I ended up booking with Bodden.  Trip hasn't happen yet, so we'll see how that goes.  Looking at the older reviews, Rony didn't use to ask for a deposit.

8 hours ago, Glide_Path said:

This was the issue I was having.  Seems like both Rony and Bodden are highly recommended here.  For a upcoming sailing,  Rony asked for a deposit or pay in full... Bodden didn't.  I ended up booking with Bodden.  Trip hasn't happen yet, so we'll see how that goes.  Looking at the older reviews, Rony didn't use to ask for a deposit.

We did end up deciding just to pay it in full. That way, it’s already paid for and we don’t have to worry about bringing cash with us for it. And after talking to Rony about it, he did say he would refund if the boat missed the port. 

Good of luck with your tour with Bodden. I did see he has really good reviews as well. You’ll have to let me know how it goes. My cruise isn’t until April. 

I’m so excited for this tour. We’re going to be doing the sloths and Little French Key. 

Edited by Techie_Chick
Spelling

47 minutes ago, sailorcrew said:

Did Rony send you a bill from Paypal or just ask you to transfer money to him via Paypal?

He just told me what the total amount due was, and gave me instructions for paying him through PayPal. No bill through PayPal. 

I booked with Rony and asked if we could pay at the time of the tour, rather than use PayPal.  He agreed.  We are looking forward to our tour with him.

Just got back from our Symphony of the seas cruise last week. Had an amazing day with Rony as usual!   Weather was calling for 100% chance of rain the entire day. It was amazing, one 20- minute downpour and beautiful the rest of the day.

i would really like to book rony for our upcoming cruise in march.  we are not beach people as we live in sw fla and can go any time.  we are very interested in the cacao factory for sure and perhaps daniel johnson's sanctuary.  i am getting a bit more environmentally conscious and wondering if the places they take you to see the animals are truly sanctuary places or tourist traps. i have seen videos of the monkeys in cages...small cages...and also know that neither monkeys nor sloths are native to roatan.  that is not to say i would not want to go to support an actual sanctuary that has saved these creatures from being tossed aside as unwanted pets or tourist attractions.  anyway...i guess i am asking others opinions on that.  also, what is the restaurant like that rony takes you to?  we are very excited for this trip and appreciate the opinions of others who have been.