Cruise Critic Community
Techie_Chick

Rony’s Tours Question

After reading all of the positive reviews here and elsewhere, we’ve decided to book a private tour with Rony’s.

After placing the booking he asked us to pay a deposit or pay in full. We don’t have a problem with this. We were actually thinking of just paying in full so we don’t have to worry about it when we get there.

My concern is what if we miss the port for some reason. Does anyone have any experience with booking a tour with Rony’s and then not making it there for some reason?  Was he hard to get a refund from?

He is very trustworthy.  We have know him and toured with him for 10 years +/-.  I'm sure he'd refund your money if the port was missed for some reason.  He, as well as the other tour companies, rely on business from tourists to support their families.  I doubt any would risk a bad review by not refunding your money.  Rony is a great guy - I'm sure you will have a memorable day!

On 9/1/2019 at 8:00 AM, Techie_Chick said:

After reading all of the positive reviews here and elsewhere, we’ve decided to book a private tour with Rony’s.

After placing the booking he asked us to pay a deposit or pay in full. We don’t have a problem with this. We were actually thinking of just paying in full so we don’t have to worry about it when we get there.

My concern is what if we miss the port for some reason. Does anyone have any experience with booking a tour with Rony’s and then not making it there for some reason?  Was he hard to get a refund from?

This was the issue I was having.  Seems like both Rony and Bodden are highly recommended here.  For a upcoming sailing,  Rony asked for a deposit or pay in full... Bodden didn't.  I ended up booking with Bodden.  Trip hasn't happen yet, so we'll see how that goes.  Looking at the older reviews, Rony didn't use to ask for a deposit.

8 hours ago, Glide_Path said:

This was the issue I was having.  Seems like both Rony and Bodden are highly recommended here.  For a upcoming sailing,  Rony asked for a deposit or pay in full... Bodden didn't.  I ended up booking with Bodden.  Trip hasn't happen yet, so we'll see how that goes.  Looking at the older reviews, Rony didn't use to ask for a deposit.

We did end up deciding just to pay it in full. That way, it’s already paid for and we don’t have to worry about bringing cash with us for it. And after talking to Rony about it, he did say he would refund if the boat missed the port. 

Good of luck with your tour with Bodden. I did see he has really good reviews as well. You’ll have to let me know how it goes. My cruise isn’t until April. 

I’m so excited for this tour. We’re going to be doing the sloths and Little French Key. 

Edited by Techie_Chick
Spelling