lobster roll.

jan_oh_44601

27 minutes ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

I actually just saw that one on TA and marked it.  Looks like a good option if the weather is good.  Is the park just a block further, away from the ship?

Yes. There's also a green just when you get off the tender, but I don't remember if there are benches there.

• 1 month later...

Just off a Canada New England cruise and our favorite lobster roll was in Quincy Market in Boston. Theirs are chunks of lobster, in a New England style roll with butter.  I can only imagine the calories but it was downright delicious! 

The lobster rolls we had in Canada had a small amount mayonnaise and celery and the lobster was very good, but not in the larger chunks as it was in Boston. 

We just had lobster rolls in Bar Harbor at Beal's (choice of hot or cold) which we stopped at with our small group private tour.

We also had a really good one (which surprised us) at Quincy's Market in Boston (hot one).

In Portland we were too full of Holy Donuts

I nicknamed our 14-day New England/Canada cruise last month "the lobster roll cruise" after the plans we had for lunch in many of our ports.  The best lobster roll we had was at the West Street Cafe in Bar Harbor.  We followed it up in the same place with a piece of warm Maine blueberry pie, which was unbelievably delicious, hands down the best piece of pie I've ever had.

I see that the poster above mentioned the Holy Donut in Portland, and I have to say that those donuts were amazing. I'm always a bit skeptical when food has an almost cult-like following, but those donuts were fabulous.  And for some additional sugar on this itinerary, do yourself a favor and have BeaverTails in the Canadian ports.  YUM!!!!!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

(photos by turtles06)

• 3 weeks later...

Our best Lobster Roll was in Bar Harbor several years ago when the QM2 sailed there.

The lobster meat was so so sweet. I had with Mayo instead warm butter.

Next year we are scheduled to stop at Portland on the QM2 next July and would like to find a restaurant for a good Lobster Roll.

Will have Lobster already before that with the initial stop at Halifax for a lobster dinner at Salty's on the Harbor.

Think I will pass on Lobster when we dock last at Boston. Maybe Fried Oysters???

20 hours ago, mets123 said:

In Portland, I would pick Beckys Diner or High Roller

Becky's was so highly recommended here on CC that it was our choice for lobster rolls when we stopped in Portland in September on our NE/Canada cruise.  A terrible disappointment -- the lobster in our rolls was tasteless.  Maybe a bad day, maybe not the best catch, I have no idea.  But they were tasteless.

20 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Becky's was so highly recommended here on CC that it was our choice for lobster rolls when we stopped in Portland in September on our NE/Canada cruise.  A terrible disappointment -- the lobster in our rolls was tasteless.  Maybe a bad day, maybe not the best catch, I have no idea.  But they were tasteless.

Becky's is usually very good.  High roller is unique.  Eventide is pricey, but good, and has the oyster bar there if you're into them.  Boone's has a roll with the entire meat of a 1-1/4 lb lobster.  High Roller's fried lobster is a disappointment, way too heavy on the batter.  Bull Feeney's used to have a divine one.  Their roll is very good, butter only, no mayo, but all knuckle and claw meat.