Flavored Creamer for cruise

thunter1224

Does anyone know if there is a grocery store near the AMA docks in Vilshofen ?  I need my vanilla creamer with my coffee.  and I figured if there was a store .. I could just get a bottle and put in my cabin.  I did buy some small bottles of creamer to bring.  but I would rather not worry about weights.  so would just pop to a store and grab one there ..

1 hour ago, thunter1224 said:

Does anyone know if there is a grocery store near the AMA docks in Vilshofen ?  I need my vanilla creamer with my coffee.  and I figured if there was a store .. I could just get a bottle and put in my cabin.  I did buy some small bottles of creamer to bring.  but I would rather not worry about weights.  so would just pop to a store and grab one there ..

In Vilshofen, the docking area is next to the town with shops and supermarkets.

For coffee, you can get milk, condense milk - various %  fat, dried coffee cream, BUT vanilla flavour I have never seen it.

Why not ask your cruise line if the have it.

I was also thinking, vanilla flavoured? Never heard of that. OP, if you need to ask for it in a shop, the term would be Kaffeeweißer mit Vanillegeschmack. Be prepared for shrugs... But you could be lucky, depending on the shop. Head to a large one if you can.

Like G.M.T. I recommend asking the cruise line if they offer it.

notamermaid

• Like 1

How long is your cruise and how much creamer do you need?  Could you buy the individual Coffee Mate vanilla creamers that don't need to be refrigerated and bring them with you?

Roz

I know there is a CVS type of store in Vilshofen, not sure if they would sell your creamer.   I was looking in the coffee aisle here in FL gearing up for the hurricane and looking for non refrigerated creamer.  I saw Coffee Mate had a boxes of individual flavored creamers that didn’t require refrigeration.  Perhaps you could purchase that here and bring it in your checked luggage.  

4 hours ago, G.M.T. said:

In Vilshofen, the docking area is next to the town with shops and supermarkets.

For coffee, you can get milk, condense milk - various %  fat, dried coffee cream, BUT vanilla flavour I have never seen it.

Why not ask your cruise line if the have it.

I have checked before.. and Carnival, NCL, and Royal Caribbean.. never had it .. so I brought my own so I will just find one in a store.. I know where to look for it... it should be by the milk.     

Edited by thunter1224
added last part

Individual, no refrigerated International Coffee flavor creamers.  Plastic zip lock bag.  Not much weight, cruise with your comfort food, no problem.  Did it for 7 day Alaska cruise, took creamers to breakfast every day, restaurant or buffet.

11 hours ago, RNCheryl said:

Individual, no refrigerated International Coffee flavor creamers.  Plastic zip lock bag.  Not much weight, cruise with your comfort food, no problem.  Did it for 7 day Alaska cruise, took creamers to breakfast every day, restaurant or buffet.

I did a Caribbean cruise with a Tupperware full of the little single serve ones .. but this time we are heading to Europe , and I get the small bottles at the dollar tree..   so I would like to get a bottle there, and not drag it over with me . 

thunter, as long as it doesn't have to be refrigerated, wrap it well in baggies (in case it breaks) and pack it in your checked luggage.  I think you may be ok then.  If you are thinking of your carryon, it will have to be in clear plastic bottles and fit in the little bag you use for toiletries.

14 hours ago, thunter1224 said:

I have checked before.. and Carnival, NCL, and Royal Caribbean.. never had it .. so I brought my own so I will just find one in a store.. I know where to look for it... it should be by the milk.     

You will be in a tiny village in Bavaria. Bavarians don’t use it and I doubt you’ll find it. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Daisi said:

thunter, as long as it doesn't have to be refrigerated, wrap it well in baggies (in case it breaks) and pack it in your checked luggage.  I think you may be ok then.  If you are thinking of your carryon, it will have to be in clear plastic bottles and fit in the little bag you use for toiletries.

That's a good idea.. I will just take the small bottles in my check bags and fill a small bottle for my carry on for coffee on the plane and in the airports. 🙂   30 days to go !!  

On 9/1/2019 at 5:26 PM, Roz said:

How long is your cruise and how much creamer do you need?  Could you buy the individual Coffee Mate vanilla creamers that don't need to be refrigerated and bring them with you?

Roz

its a 7 day cruise w/ 2 days travel .. I will take the small 8 oz bottles from the dollar tree.. they don't have to be refrigerated until after opened .. and I will use a small travel bottle for my carry on for the flights .. I was just worrying about carry on weight at the airports ..

• Like 1

8 oz bottles will not fly through airport security as a carry on item and you might have trouble with customs.  We always travel with the individual no-refrigeration needed cups and have never had an issue at airport security or customs. Also take truvia packets since I am type II diabetic and no one has them in restaurants, cruise ships, or hotels

23 minutes ago, doverboy said:

8 oz bottles will not fly through airport security as a carry on item and you might have trouble with customs.  We always travel with the individual no-refrigeration needed cups and have never had an issue at airport security or customs. Also take truvia packets since I am type II diabetic and no one has them in restaurants, cruise ships, or hotels

That is why I will get a small 3.4 travel bottle just to bring on the plane .. and the 8 oz bottles for the check bag.

1 hour ago, amawells said:

I wish ocean and river cruise ships would carry flavored creamer. I know on my previous river cruise in Europe and Ocean Cruises, the staff acted like they had never heard of it.

I am sure that my upcoming river cruise will not have it .. but the next cruise to the southern Caribbean ..the ship has a star bucks onboard.. but I will just take my own creamer again..

This solve the weight problem.  Buy this, pack only the number you will need in a baggie, seal it and put it in another baggie and seal it and put it in your luggage.  You can carry a couple of these on your flight if you really feel you must have them on the plane since they are factory sealed.  https://www.amazon.com/Nestle-Coffee-mate-Coffee-Creamer-Vanilla/dp/B01M0QUKX8/ref=sr_1_49_sspa?fpw=pantry&keywords=travel+vanilla+flavor+coffee+creamer+packets&qid=1567633809&s=pantry&sr=8-49-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFZRTJIRE1SR0VVT0smZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA0NjQ5MTkzT1ZOVEUwSVdHMlM3JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA1ODA1NzVOMkM2TExLTzZEOFQmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGZfbmV4dCZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

• Like 1

"the staff acted like they had never heard of it."

That's because they probably hadn't heard of it!  Its a North American phenomenon not to be found in Europe (thankfully!).  

FYI - don't ask them for anything "Pumpkin Spice" flavored either!

My inquisitive mind could not let this go and so I have had a look around while shopping. Locally, a supermarket, a drugstore-cum-supermarket (what we call Drogeriemarkt) and a health food shop stocked no chilled version of coffee creamer. The coffee creamer as powder that I saw contained milk protein so cannot be considered vegan, if that is what you are looking for. Starbucks is in Munich, they are likely to have a similar range to what you know from the US. If you are flying into Munich...

No vanilla flavour in sight, just plain, in the shops.

So, if the Bavarian equivalent shops are similar to ours here, it is best to bring some from home.

notamermaid

17 hours ago, notamermaid said:

My inquisitive mind could not let this go and so I have had a look around while shopping. Locally, a supermarket, a drugstore-cum-supermarket (what we call Drogeriemarkt) and a health food shop stocked no chilled version of coffee creamer. The coffee creamer as powder that I saw contained milk protein so cannot be considered vegan, if that is what you are looking for. Starbucks is in Munich, they are likely to have a similar range to what you know from the US. If you are flying into Munich...

No vanilla flavour in sight, just plain, in the shops.

So, if the Bavarian equivalent shops are similar to ours here, it is best to bring some from home.

notamermaid

Thank You very much... I am just going to bring my own with me.. We are flying into Munich. 
🙂 our first time to Germany.  I wish we had more time , to check out Oktoberfest .. but will be flying on to Vilshofen  to get our ship.  

6 hours ago, thunter1224 said:

Thank You very much... I am just going to bring my own with me.. We are flying into Munich. 
🙂 our first time to Germany.  I wish we had more time , to check out Oktoberfest .. but will be flying on to Vilshofen  to get our ship.  

I didn't know there was a flight from Munich to Vilshofen?

Although there is an airfield there, opposite thecruise boots docking area:

https://www.edmv.de/index.php?id=88&L=1

image.thumb.png.1e38ef7c0a53e9b1b929fc1069f7f0a9.png