Cruise Critic Community
dcruisers

Regal Princess Questions

We will be sailing on Regal Princess in January ( 8 of us).  Haven’t been on Princess in 6/7 years( although we have been on over 30 cruises).

It definitely is a bigger ship than we are use to sailing.  We have a balcony on the Marina deck- how is the motion on such a high deck?

Also, I read somewhere that there is a dining room just for anytime dining.... which is it?  And after looking at the deck plan, I noticed there is a big no usable space between Concerto dining room and Allegro dining room on de k 6.   Are you  able to walk from the Concerto to the Allegro without going up/down a floor?

And finally, what are the current show times- 7 and 9 or 8 and 10.?

Thank you!

The anytime dining on Regal is the Symphony on deck 5.  I believe the "no useable space" is a galley.   You have to go up or down a deck to go from Concerto to Allegro as you are not allowed through the galley except on a tour.

The Regal is a great ship.  We have cruised on her 5 times.

2 hours ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

The anytime dining on Regal is the Symphony on deck 5.  I believe the "no useable space" is a galley.   You have to go up or down a deck to go from Concerto to Allegro as you are not allowed through the galley except on a tour.

The Regal is a great ship.  We have cruised on her 5 times.

Thank you.

I thought that we would have to go up a deck- that’s one thing I remember from our previous Princesses cruises.  They are the only cruise line we have had to do that ... not a big deal but a less convenient.

3 hours ago, dcruisers said:

Thank you.

I thought that we would have to go up a deck- that’s one thing I remember from our previous Princesses cruises.  They are the only cruise line we have had to do that ... not a big deal but a less convenient.

I have seen the same arrangement on both Royal Caribbean and Carnival ships.

11 hours ago, dcruisers said:

Also, I read somewhere that there is a dining room just for anytime dining.... which is it?

image.png.9f06872419da00fb0be797b31bf0c862.png

We sailed on the Regal last year and she is a beautiful ship.  We are going on her again in November.  It is laid out very nice.   We did miss walking around the Promenade Deck, though.

12 hours ago, dcruisers said:

We will be sailing on Regal Princess in January ( 8 of us).  Haven’t been on Princess in 6/7 years( although we have been on over 30 cruises).

It definitely is a bigger ship than we are use to sailing.  We have a balcony on the Marina deck- how is the motion on such a high deck?

Also, I read somewhere that there is a dining room just for anytime dining.... which is it?  And after looking at the deck plan, I noticed there is a big no usable space between Concerto dining room and Allegro dining room on deck 6.   Are you  able to walk from the Concerto to the Allegro without going up/down a floor?

Thank you!

The space you refer to is the galley. You can not walk in this area. If you have traditional dining you may be assigned to the Allegro DR, deck 6 aft. To get to this DR you have to walk aft on any deck 7 and above and take the elevator or stairs down to deck 6. If you are not in traditional dining you have little need to go to this DR.

I don't think you will get too much motion in the Caribbean. The Caribbean is usually fairly calm. Just bring along motion sickness meds in case.

I can't respond regarding show times as I have not been on this ship recently.

Edited by skynight

12 hours ago, dcruisers said:

Also, I read somewhere that there is a dining room just for anytime dining.... which is it?  And after looking at the deck plan, I noticed there is a big no usable space between Concerto dining room and Allegro dining room on de k 6.   Are you  able to walk from the Concerto to the Allegro without going up/down a floor?

Thank you!

Where on Marina deck are you?

If you are all the way forward you will experience the most movement up that high.

If you are aft then you will still feel motion but less.

We always book in the aft 1/4 of the ship, either side of ship cabins or aft facing.

Marina deck in the 700's is one of our favorite areas.

If the photocopy of the dining information is still correct, as it was when we sailed, anytime dining is available in both mid-aft dining rooms.  But, there is an Early Seating of traditional dining in the one dining room, THEN it opens up for anytime diners.

If anyone is looking for info on the Traditional dining seating times, online I don't think it is showing two different times for Early Traditional, like it was for a while.   The Early Traditional seating for the Concerto was a bit Earlier than the regular Early Traditional in the other dining room.   That is the way it was late last year when we sailed.  

And, note, that the dining times shown when you select your dining preference online might not be the actual dining times set onboard.    (Which, of coarse, would not really affect Anytime Dining.)

PS:  I believe the Club Class dining section was the right/Starboard entry to the Concerto Dining. 

There can be plusses and minuses to Marina Deck,  as any other location.

We did have VERY high winds midway thru the cruise.   

We were pretty much forward on Marina, and YES we did feel the motion more!

Appreciated when we were down on the ground level of the Atrium, restaurants, etc.

The overhang there from one deck above, in that area, and other areas, is wider, and therefore provides a bit more coverage.    (not your actual balcony overhang, but just one deck above)

This is a large ship,  and I will also say, about the location,  the walking if one is really forward, or aft, can be a factor. 

Edited by Wishing on a star

We spent several days, mid-Atlantic, with Force 12 winds on Regal this spring.  There was mention that buffet traffic was down 20%.  The motion was small and after the 2nd day folks were talking about being "tired out", not "sick".

Since 12 is as high as the Beaufort Scale goes, be assured Regal copes well with seas and swells.

I am not sure which sailing you are on.

Just a thought,  you might want to look at (UN)obstructed balcony deluxe cabins on deck 8.

You have to click on Interior cabins to pull up availability on the (UN)obstructed balcony cabins.

On Jan 5, E405, E406 and E411 show available.  Slightly deeper balcony, no real obstruction just looking out, forward.  As well as regular (not deluxe) balcony cabins E432 and E433.

On Jan 19,  these cabins, as well as E407 with an angled larger balcony, or the regular (non deluxe) balcony E425, E42 and E433 show available.

On Jan 26,  the balcony deluxe cabins E405, E406, E407, E408, E409 and E410 are showing available.

We are more forward and selected the deck so our 4 cabins could be closer.

We have been very forward on a Celebrity cruise ( deck 9 ) and it wasn’t t bad.

For motion sickness- which I never had until I got older😢Ginger gum and candy have worked well for me.

The interest in show times ( we all enjoy the shows) is to decide what time to do dinner with the hopes of getting the same table once on board.

Thank you fellow cruisers for all you input!

Happy planning!

And, I think you might be able to look at some of those cabins mentioned, and still be close together, if your fellow travelers wanted to consider moving.   

After being forward, and that high...  with the motion, and the 'hiking'....  I would def. book a more convenient and stable location from now on!

Some nights the shows were 7 and 9 and other nights they were 8 and 10.