Soda drinks package

snowglobe

Looking to add the soda drinks package for the grandkids on our family cruise next year. Having never needed to price it before, what”s the rate that you’re usually paying for it? Its price has been fluctuating on our cruise planner and I’m wondering in the value of paying for it this far in advance: it was $14 USD initially, then $12 for the longest time, and now $9 for the last few days.

Given that the special cup is needed to operate the soda fountain, and the five-year-old has a habit of losing everything, what happens if he loses his cup? Is it possible to stick a sticker with his name of the cup?

Is soda the only drink on offer, or is there ice tea or lemonade also included?

Thanks!

Edited by snowglobe

There's no "usual" price, Royal uses dynamic pricing, always trying to get the highest price.

If you are committed to the package(s), buy now and watch the price.  If it goes lower, cancel and reorder.

You can get a replacement cup for an extra charge.  No one will care if you put a sticker on the cup.

Beverages included in your basic cruise fare (no package needed): tap water, coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk, juices at breakfast.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, snowglobe said:

Given that the special cup is needed to operate the soda fountain, and the five-year-old has a habit of losing everything, what happens if he loses his cup? Is it possible to stick a sticker with his name of the cup?

Is soda the only drink on offer, or is there ice tea or lemonade also included?

Unlikely any marking on the cup will get it back once lost and replacement is unlikely, you can still get soda at any place, except Freestyle machines,  with the Seapass card. There’s plenty of free drink choices. 

If if you really want to buy it, unlikely the package will go lower than $9. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ice tea, lemonade, water, flavoured water, milk, chocolate milk, juices from concentrate, coffee and tea are all free

Thank you everyone.

With all of the free choices, the kids will be fine. 

I’ve decided to just buy one package for the oldest, we’ll leave the cup in the cabin, and we’ll use the SeaPass if one of them wants a soda.

• Like 1

I would not waste your money because they are probably not going soda very much.

I never purchase it for my kids and they are fine.

We get a couple 12 pax of soda and put them in their fridge. 

At the end of the trip most of them are still there.

Edited by matj2000
  • Like 2

For quite a while prices had edged up for next years sailings but we are seeing $8.99/day consistently for the last few months.  Think they tried raising price and few were buying.  As others have said the cup operates the Freestyle machines.  Bars have only a few choices like Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite from the gun.  If you purchase a can it is only a few choices as well.

• Thanks 1