Repositioning Cruises

amajaa

5 minutes ago, amajaa said:

If you are on a repositioning cruise coming back to the UK do P & O get you back to the airport you started from? Actually do any other cruise lines take you back to your original airport?

Not sure about cruises coming back to the UK but we are booked on a repositioning leaving Southampton and flying back to the UK.  I enquired whether transport was laid on from Gatwick back to Southampton i.e. the point of origin and was told 'No'.  I have known of that happening with some repo cruises in the past but this is one of the recently released new Oceana itineraries which were offered at very good prices so I'm not surprised they wouldn't provide anything extra from a financial point of view.  

25 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Not sure about cruises coming back to the UK but we are booked on a repositioning leaving Southampton and flying back to the UK.  I enquired whether transport was laid on from Gatwick back to Southampton i.e. the point of origin and was told 'No'.  .  

That is correct. They do it the other way round. They provide a coach from Gatwick to Southampton on your departure so your car will be waiting at Gatwick on your return if that is what you want.

Brian

1 hour ago, kruzseeka said:

Not sure about cruises coming back to the UK but we are booked on a repositioning leaving Southampton and flying back to the UK.  I enquired whether transport was laid on from Gatwick back to Southampton i.e. the point of origin and was told 'No'.  I have known of that happening with some repo cruises in the past but this is one of the recently released new Oceana itineraries which were offered at very good prices so I'm not surprised they wouldn't provide anything extra from a financial point of view.  

I asked the same for us, but we are arriving back to Southampton. P&O aren't including it (obviously) but were able to book a coach from the ship home with Cruise Connect.

2 hours ago, BrianI said:

P&O operate a free coach back to your departure airport. 

If you are repositioning the other way, they operate a coach from your arrival airport to Southampton. 

Brian

Great. We have done 20 odd cruises but amazingly never done a fly cruise. I was thinking perhaps trying a repositioning cruise back from the Caribbean to Southampton some time. So if P & O get you back to your start airport would be really handy as we live near Birmingham Airport so my son could take us and pick us up. Will have to think about this one.  

27 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Great. We have done 20 odd cruises but amazingly never done a fly cruise. I was thinking perhaps trying a repositioning cruise back from the Caribbean to Southampton some time. So if P & O get you back to your start airport would be really handy as we live near Birmingham Airport so my son could take us and pick us up. Will have to think about this one.  

We are booked on repositioning cruise on Britannia from Caribbean to Southampton in Spring 2021. When we booked, we asked about transport from Southampton to Manchester airport and were told we would be able to reserve seats nearer the time and that there would be no cost. 

16 hours ago, amajaa said:

If you are on a repositioning cruise coming back to the UK do P & O get you back to the airport you started from? Actually do any other cruise lines take you back to your original airport?

Marella do as well, I took a repositioning cruise last spring from the Caribbean to Southampton including a free coach back to Gatwick. 

We did a re-positioning cruise on Oceana a few years back from Southampton flying back into East Midlands, P&O provided us with free coach transport from the airport were we parked our car to the ship, we booked it with our travel agent not long after booking the trip. the whole thing was very easy. 

We have just booked on the "new" repositioning cruise where the Oceana sails back to Southampton from Valletta. We were told by our agent that there will not be coaches to your departure airport therefore we have booked with Cruise Connect.

When we did the same repositioning cruise on Oceana four years ago they did include a coach back.