Soda and coffee package options

seattlestan

I am thinking of buying soda and coffee packages for my upcoming 7 day cruise on Royal Princess.  The premier coffee and soda package will cost $165.12 for the week.

Or I can get the classic soda package ($82.52) and the grounds coffee package ($36.58) for $119.11 for the week.  This option would limit specialty coffees to 15 but that would be plenty; mainly interested in unlimited brewed coffee.

Would I be missing out on anything else to save $45?

Classic Soda Package

$11.79 per person, per day

Includes all fountain sodas, fruit juices, mocktails and smoothies.

Premier Coffee & Soda Package

$23.59 per person, per day

Enjoy premium and specialty coffees and teas along with fountain sodas, fruit juices, hot chocolate and “zero-proof” mocktails throughout your entire cruise with this new beverage package.Bottom of Form

New Grounds Coffee Package

$36.58 per person (15 beverages)

Save 20% with our New Grounds Coffee Package that includes 15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of the cruise.

This is our first cruise with princess and we are very confused about the drink service package. We have mainly been with celebrity who include drinks package, are we a lemon to take water or soda cans onboard or not? We aren’t big drinkers so lots of water and soda would mainly do us? 

I still there a limit to how many drinks you can bring onboard

No limit to the amount of nonalcoholic beverages you may bring aboard. Bring a case or two of water and /or soft drinks of your choice. Do not put your drinks in your checked baggage; rather, put a luggage tag on your case of drinks and have them deliver them to your cabin. No schlepping around your drinks until you can gain access to your cabin. If you are carrying loose bottles or cans, take them with you as carry-on items. Of course, each adult is allowed one (750ml) bottle of wine without in incurring corkage fees.

To add to posting no. 6, no limits on non-alcoholic beverages.

You can carry on or check as much as you like either at embarkation or at any port.

Non-alcoholic beverages can be any size and in bottles or cans.

There is a fridge in each cabin which fits cans nicely. We think the 7 ounce cans are just right to fit in the fridge and to carry around. Ice is placed in your cabin daily.

No restrictions on using your own non-alcoholic beverages in any location on the ship.

I kind of get the issue of bringing ones own pop on board.  Still, there is more than just than soda that is included.  And I do wonder how those that bring it on board manage to bring the cold beverage to dinner, theater, or any of the entertainment venues, and yes 2 hours up at the pool.  So, yes, there is a bit of a price for convenience, but maybe it's worth it?

On 9/2/2019 at 11:18 AM, denmarks said:

Bring your own soda if you must have it. You will then have canned rather than fountain soda for a much lower price.

For a lousy $12/day (including tip), I am NOT gonna run back to my cabin whenever I feel like having a soda.  I will let a server go fetch me a soda instead!  (I do switch all my beers and mixers for cans of soda in my mini-bar set-up, but those are for nighttime consumption.)

The question is merely whether the Soda package saves me money over buying the sodas individually.  So far, for me, the package does save money.  In my normal life, I am trying to switch from soda pop to iced tea, but on board ship, I drink pop.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

For a lousy $12/day (including tip), I am NOT gonna run back to my cabin whenever I feel like having a soda.  I will let a server go fetch me a soda instead!  (I do switch all my beers and mixers for cans of soda in my mini-bar set-up, but those are for nighttime consumption.)

The question is merely whether the Soda package saves me money over buying the sodas individually.  So far, for me, the package does save money.  In my normal life, I am trying to switch from soda pop to iced tea, but on board ship, I drink pop.

I plan to buy 12 cans and have one for dinner daily. On a 15 day cruise $12 a day is $180 which I do not consider "lousy". If you drink 3-4 daily then you save money but that is too much soda for me.

19 minutes ago, denmarks said:

I plan to buy 12 cans and have one for dinner daily. On a 15 day cruise $12 a day is $180 which I do not consider "lousy". If you drink 3-4 daily then you save money but that is too much soda for me.

To each his own.  

When the price for the soda package was $5.50 a day we bought it.  Now we bring a 12 pack plus the 20 we get as Elite.

For OP, if you don't drink mocktails or smoothies the 6 for 5 price of canned soda onboard is cheaper than getting the soda package unless you drink more than 6 cans a day.  And the fountain stuff can be pretty watery.  Consider buying only the coffee package and then getting cans of soda 6 for 5 as needed (cheaper than buying one can at a time).  Six cans might be a lot for one person but you can split it with someone else.  Can't split the soda package between two people.

I never drink soda for dinner on a cruise.  I do occasionally like to have one with lunch and I will take one to the theater to drink during the evening show.  It's been a while since we were on Princess, so I'm not sure how much they charge for single cans, but recently on X it's been $3.75 + tip, which I think is really high for just a can of soda. For my upcoming cruise I bought the  15 speciality coffee card and  the 6 for 5 soda.  I'll see how that works out.  If I end up buying single cans it certainly won't break the bank but if there is a less expensive option then I'm all for that.

5 hours ago, wrongwaywatson said:

I wish Princess had a "soda only" package, like they used to have.   I don't want mocktails, juices or any of the other drinks, just Diet Pepsi (or Diet Coke).  

I agree.  That's all I want so no point in buying the package.

Edited by mek

6 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

Order the 6 for 5 through room service, or you can stop by a bar and get it. This worked for beer so it should work for soda pop.

So this is available after embarkation?  Didn't think it was.