EZAir Question

chamima

Is there any way we can make an EZAir reservation permanent before the 45 day window Princess offers?

The situation is that we've booked EZAir coach. I had intended to upgrade to premium (it's Delta so called Delta Comfort) using airline miles.

As I check our flights now I see that the comfort seats are selling out.

The airfares have gone up so to switch to comfort on EZAir would now cost me an extra $1000 or so.

I think that if I can make my flight permanent then I can add the comfort on the Delta site.

Had the same issue last week with American.  It took Princess a couple of days to ticket my flights ( I purchased flexible fare),then I went to AA site and pulled up my flight using confirmation number and purchased comfort seats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have you called Delta and asked?   I did this earlier this year well before final payment was due. and used my miles to upgrade to first..  I just called Delta and gave them my confirmation #.  They ungraded me using my miles and  I was able pick new seats.  Payed my Ez air as planned when I made final payment months later.  My new seats even showed on EZ air website. 

I might of lucked out and just had a very helpful rep at Delta.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, palolake said:

We're good!  How about you guys?  We're going on the Sky in January for two weeks and then hoping over to HAL.  Hopefully we'll see you again sometime!!  Maybe French Polynesia 😄?  

We're on the Pacific for New Year's and then that cruise to Tahiti on the Emerald (that we didn't do last year)               in February.

I've been looking at the deck plans on the Sky - she looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!

41 minutes ago, franktown said:

Have you called Delta and asked?   I did this earlier this year well before final payment was due. and used my miles to upgrade to first..  I just called Delta and gave them my confirmation #.  They ungraded me using my miles and  I was able pick new seats.  Payed my Ez air as planned when I made final payment months later.  My new seats even showed on EZ air website. 

I might of lucked out and just had a very helpful rep at Delta.

THANK YOU!!!!

Everyone has been really, really helpful!

• 1 month later...

We requested Princess to issue our tickets before the 45 days rule so that we can upgrade our flights.  Two days later (unusual is it for a receipt? would it be issued on the same day usually?) we received a receipt from AA for fares and fees for one flight and fees only for our return flight.  The flights are not round trip, it is multi-cities.  My question is  "Are these receipts reflect internal accounting between Princess and AA or are these actual charges to be paid by us?"  It appears that Princess may have contracted or purchased bulk certificates from airline for EZAir use, because we were not asked to provide credit card in our request for ticketing nor in our request with AA for upgrade.  The receipts are labeled exchange, so I am suspecting it may have to do with $200 air credit promo that is factored into our EZair fares.  Thanks for any information or clarification.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it a general "rule" that EZAir tickets are not up-gradable on international flight?  Or this is just with Delta Airline flights? We just found that our our SA flight from Santiago, Chile are not eligible for upgrade.  Airline rep claimed that it is a "basic economy" ticket, but we are able to a get a decent seat assignment.

12 minutes ago, scili said:

Is it a general "rule" that EZAir tickets are not up-gradable on international flight?  Or this is just with Delta Airline flights? We just found that our our SA flight from Santiago, Chile are not eligible for upgrade.  Airline rep claimed that it is a "basic economy" ticket, but we are able to a get a decent seat assignment.

It is a bulk ticket not basic economy. Has lots of restrictions especially in irregular operations.

23 hours ago, frugaltravel said:

It is a bulk ticket not basic economy. Has lots of restrictions especially in irregular operations.

Thanks for the information.  The Delta agent probably meant that it is like "basic economy" as far as upgrade eligibility goes.  I should have know that the ticket is "restricted".  Does that mean that any itinerary change, including rebooking due to flight cancellation, needs to go through EZAir?  What about missed connection?  Do I have to go through EZair to book the next available flight?