Royal Caribbean is committing $1 million to Dorian disaster relief

Tony O

Just read pages 1 thru 6 of this thread.  So sad to see the negative, bashing attitude of some posters.  Many of us who have lived in FL for years are quite well aware that it takes time and patience to even begin recovery efforts following such a disaster.  I was living in Orlando when Andrew hit Miami and wiped out some of our friends.  It took some time to get organized but many businesses collected items to send to Miami.  I went to Publix and bought boxes of non perishable food items and donated them as did many others.  I saw on TV the other day that donation stations were being set up in South Florida but I have not seen or heard of any in my area.

From the reports I have seen on TV it does not look like any buildings survived the storm.  Boats were relocating people to other islands and a ship was transporting injured/sick people to areas where they could receive help.  Prayers and patience are needed for these wonderful people.  

When Irma blew thru FL in 2017 it took me 4 months to get all of the tree limbs removed from my yard but I didn't moan and complain I knew with time it would be gone and was thankful there was no damage to my home.  It took Miami friends a year or more to rebuild their home after Andrew.  

Please stop the posts on tax deductions.  They serve no purpose and they certainly do not help the poor souls who lost everything.  

• Like 6