Suite class shoreside concierge

Redking

Has a anyone heard that the shoreside concierge service is no longer available for  suite class passengers. My husband recently called Celebrity about another matter and the agent said there was no such service. True story or typical Celebrity glitch? We're just under 3 weeks out from our cruise and haven't received any contact. I figure that CC would have been well and truly lit up if the info was correct 🤣 but just checking. 

25 minutes ago, Redking said:

Has a anyone heard that the shoreside concierge service is no longer available for  suite class passengers. My husband recently called Celebrity about another matter and the agent said there was no such service. True story or typical Celebrity glitch? We're just under 3 weeks out from our cruise and haven't received any contact. I figure that CC would have been well and truly lit up if the info was correct 🤣 but just checking. 

We heard from ours a week and a half ago. Earlier than usual, our usual experience has been about two weeks out. We cruise towards the end of September. It is usually for RS and PH only, not for all suite guests. Could that be where the confusion lies? 

They also have been calling for CS and of course, the Iconics and Edge Villas on the Edge.🙂 Sky Suites are the only ones not called, unless things have changed. It sounds like you got a rep who didn't know about that suite perk. If they don't call soon you could try Captain's Club - they are more apt to know about such things.

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, chemmo said:

We heard from ours a week and a half ago. Earlier than usual, our usual experience has been about two weeks out. We cruise towards the end of September. It is usually for RS and PH only, not for all suite guests. Could that be where the confusion lies? 

Possibly Chemmo, although the agent was aware that we are in a RS. We have also been contacted when we were booked in a CS. Hopefully we'll hear from them soon. Terrible news for the people in the Bahamas. Hopefully your cruise is not impacted by any hurricanes.

We heard from the Concierge  two weeks ago.   Be advised that Celebrity's customer service is not know for their accuracy or consistency.   There is a saying that many of us have used on the Celebrity Board for years,   Celebrity is consistently inconsistent.   Also their customer service I believe is in Omaha, not necessarily near their home office.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redking said:

Possibly Chemmo, although the agent was aware that we are in a RS. We have also been contacted when we were booked in a CS. Hopefully we'll hear from them soon. Terrible news for the people in the Bahamas. Hopefully your cruise is not impacted by any hurricanes.

Our hearts also go out to the people of the Bahamas...puts little things like pre ordering pillows and in suite bar set up into the correct perspective....

As vtcruising suggested, perhaps phone if you don’t hear soon. Sounds like you got a rather ill informed agent. 

We also hope we have no issues with hurricanes. After having our flights cancelled owing to ‘unseasonable weather’ at the end of March last year we have arranged an 8 night precruise visit to Orlando first...hopefully that should give us a decent safety net! We are also glad we haven’t booked with BA...

Have a great cruise!

3 minutes ago, chemmo said:

We also hope we have no issues with hurricanes. After having our flights cancelled owing to ‘unseasonable weather’ at the end of March last year we have arranged an 8 night precruise visit to Orlando first...hopefully that should give us a decent safety net!

Sounds like a great idea! Don't forget your posh frock! 😉

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Also their customer service I believe is in Omaha, not necessarily near their home office.

Actually, most of the Captain's Club representatives--including some members of the Shoreside Concierge Team--are based in Wichita, Kansas [316 Area Code]…  A smaller cadre of Captain's Club Reps and a few members of the Shoreside Concierge Team are based in Miami [305 Area Code]...

Initial contact by a member of the Shoreside Concierge Team is dependent upon ship with assignments changing from time to time...

Edited by Xport

we were in an RS on Silhouette a few weeks ago and are back in a CS in 5 weeks. I spoke to Shore side about three weeks before the first cruise and Aurora, our shore side concierge, confirmed that it would be her ringing us about two weeks before our next cruise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chemmo said:

Our hearts also go out to the people of the Bahamas...puts little things like pre ordering pillows and in suite bar set up into the correct perspective....

As vtcruising suggested, perhaps phone if you don’t hear soon. Sounds like you got a rather ill informed agent. 

We also hope we have no issues with hurricanes. After having our flights cancelled owing to ‘unseasonable weather’ at the end of March last year we have arranged an 8 night precruise visit to Orlando first...hopefully that should give us a decent safety net! We are also glad we haven’t booked with BA...

Have a great cruise!

Oh gosh, I'd forgotten about your flight problems. Happy cruising!

5 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

Mariott call center is in Omaha, though, as well as some other large hotel chains, but not Celebrity or Royal Caribbean

We've often had somone in Central America, can't remember where?

8 hours ago, Xport said:

Actually, most of the Captain's Club representatives--including some members of the Shoreside Concierge Team--are based in Wichita, Kansas [316 Area Code]…  A smaller cadre of Captain's Club Reps and a few members of the Shoreside Concierge Team are based in Miami [305 Area Code]...

Initial contact by a member of the Shoreside Concierge Team is dependent upon ship with assignments changing from time to time...

They emailed us last time. Guessing that they either haven't heard that the telephone has reached Australia or that it's to X -ie for them to call 🤣

2 hours ago, Redking said:

Indeed. As chemmo said my shoreside concierge query is really not a problem.

Lets get realistic.   

Everyone always brings up the poor, people that are affected by a hurricane and etc.

If you are so that concerned and sympathetic than don’t take any more cruises and donate that money to them.   It doesn’t matter what category you sail in.  

The OP and the person I am quoting just wants to get what was promised and paid for.  

Don’t see a problem with the question.  When the OP booked the cruise and paid for it that was one of the amenities and now what  seems to be  Celebrity’s standard method of operation is to promise and not deliver.   

Yes I feel sorry for all those people but  if I booked a RS or above and not getting the concierge isn’t going to help them.  

Give me what I paid for.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

2 hours ago, Redking said:

No.RS.

I assume this is for your cruise on the Solstice since we've been chatting in another thread about LPC/Silk Harvest (I'm scheduled to dine there tonight and will see if I can get more info about the change, by the way).  I'm in a Royal Suite on the Solstice right now and had a heckuva time getting any contact/response from the shoreside concierge, Melissa, whom I was told was in charge of us for the Solstice.  I made a couple of calls and sent two emails before I got any response, and at that it was only one week before sailing!  That said, once she did reply she was very on top of things and did a great job, so have no fear.  

I should also mention that she was going on vacation this week - to the Bahamas of all places so I hope she's doing OK.  But it might be next week before you hear from her.  You can also just call and talk to someone else, but I found that less useful than just waiting for her to get back to me, as it turned out.