Suite class shoreside concierge

Redking

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Really?  Hmm.  We are on Silhouette in November in a RS and have not been contacted.  Last time it was about 2 weeks out.  I still have 79 days to go so I guess I will just hang tight for a bit.

This is the earliest we have been contacted and I was caught a bit off guard.  I will have to follow up with an email with some changes and things that weren't mentioned.  She did pull up our requests from last years cruise on Reflection so not too much to change.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JMB27 said:

I assume this is for your cruise on the Solstice since we've been chatting in another thread about LPC/Silk Harvest (I'm scheduled to dine there tonight and will see if I can get more info about the change, by the way).  I'm in a Royal Suite on the Solstice right now and had a heckuva time getting any contact/response from the shoreside concierge, Melissa, whom I was told was in charge of us for the Solstice.  I made a couple of calls and sent two emails before I got any response, and at that it was only one week before sailing!  That said, once she did reply she was very on top of things and did a great job, so have no fear.  

I should also mention that she was going on vacation this week - to the Bahamas of all places so I hope she's doing OK.  But it might be next week before you hear from her.  You can also just call and talk to someone else, but I found that less useful than just waiting for her to get back to me, as it turned out.

Thank you for taking the time out of your cruise to respond to me JMB27. You are correct, this is in relation to our 23 Sept cruise and I'd love any update you can get on LPC. It's still showing as LPC at Silk Harvest on our cruise planner. Thanks for the advice about the shoreside concierge, sure hope she is ok. We will just keep contacting Celebrity and see how we go. Happy cruising and hope Captain Alex is putting on a great Alaska show for you.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Redking said:

Thank you for taking the time out of your cruise to respond to me JMB27. You are correct, this is in relation to our 23 Sept cruise and I'd love any update you can get on LPC. It's still showing as LPC at Silk Harvest on our cruise planner. Thanks for the advice about the shoreside concierge, sure hope she is ok. We will just keep contacting Celebrity and see how we go. Happy cruising and hope Captain Alex is putting on a great Alaska show for you.

I have good news for you, with which I'll update the other thread (since others may be following the question there).

Captain Alex is AMAZING!  I'd never understood why people cared so much about who's on board...until now.  Wish I could cruise with him all the time.  Also, I hope you'll be lucky enough to have the same butler we have now - Rikki is incredible.

Edited by JMB27

4 hours ago, JMB27 said:

I have good news for you, with which I'll update the other thread (since others may be following the question there).

Captain Alex is AMAZING!  I'd never understood why people cared so much about who's on board...until now.  Wish I could cruise with him all the time.  Also, I hope you'll be lucky enough to have the same butler we have now - Rikki is incredible.

Thank you. That is great news. Just need to hear from the concierge so that we can book!

Yes the who's on board is interesting. First and foremost you want a captain who keeps the ship safe! Like any organisation though, the person at the top sets the tone and we have been on a cruise where the captain was not very engaging and the crew didn't seem happy or motivated. We loved Capt Tasos (he's going to the Equinox) but good to hear Capt Alex is filling his shoes. We are in 1241, deck 10. Is that where Rikki is? 

31 minutes ago, Redking said:

Thank you. That is great news. Just need to hear from the concierge so that we can book!

Yes the who's on board is interesting. First and foremost you want a captain who keeps the ship safe! Like any organisation though, the person at the top sets the tone and we have been on a cruise where the captain was not very engaging and the crew didn't seem happy or motivated. We loved Capt Tasos (he's going to the Equinox) but good to hear Capt Alex is filling his shoes. We are in 1241, deck 10. Is that where Rikki is? 

Captain Alex seems to inspire a very happy crew and passengers!  And he was absolutely incredible at the tricky 540-degree turn by Dawes Glacier.

You will be in precisely the same cabin we are in right now, 1241.  How funny!  So yes, I think you will have Rikki.  We will leave the cabin beautiful for you!  I’d try to leave you a gift but it probably wouldn’t escape two turnovers before you.  🤣

Edited by JMB27

22 minutes ago, Redking said:

Often I need to contact the Shoreside Concierge. Contacted the shoreside Concierge last week for my Sept. 7th cruise and received a nice response. Use this address:

concierge (name)@celebrity.com. If you don't know the name of the one for your ship just fill in any concierge's name and tell them what you need and ask them to tell the proper Concierge. It has worked for me very time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JMB27 said:

Captain Alex seems to inspire a very happy crew and passengers!  And he was absolutely incredible at the tricky 540-degree turn by Dawes Glacier.

You will be in precisely the same cabin we are in right now, 1241.  How funny!  So yes, I think you will have Rikki.  We will leave the cabin beautiful for you!  I’d try to leave you a gift but it probably wouldn’t escape two turnovers before you.  🤣

What's the chances of that! Well probably quite high given there are only 8 RS🤣 seems appropriate given that might be the closest that we get to meeting. Your gift is your kindess in offering to help 🙏 wishing you safe onward travels. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orator said:

Often I need to contact the Shoreside Concierge. Contacted the shoreside Concierge last week for my Sept. 7th cruise and received a nice response. Use this address:

concierge (name)@celebrity.com. If you don't know the name of the one for your ship just fill in any concierge's name and tell them what you need and ask them to tell the proper Concierge. It has worked for me very time.

Thank  you. I just dug out the email from our last cruise so will use that if they haven't contacted us by next week.

1 hour ago, mason525 said:

Hi-

We were contacted by email on 8/19/19 for our 9/20/19 Edge cruise. However it wound up in my junk folder even though none of the other Celebrity emails are put there. Coincidentally, I just found it yesterday.

Meg

Good point. I'll check for gremlins 🤣

5 hours ago, Redking said:

What's the chances of that! Well probably quite high given there are only 8 RS🤣 seems appropriate given that might be the closest that we get to meeting. Your gift is your kindess in offering to help 🙏 wishing you safe onward travels. 

12.5%!  When you see Rikki, tell him Krista and Devin said we loved him (which I hope he will know anyway).  ❤️

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I just wanted to update this thread.  We are on the Mardi Gras sailing on the Reflection.  We were originally reserved in a CS but we were able to move up to a RS for a minimal upcharge.  We were contacted by email by Celebrity's Shoreside Concierge in early November prior to moving to the RS.  I replied with a few requests and did not hear back.  I emailed again in January.  Voila, I was so happy to hear back from Eric our NEW shoreside concierge!  Eric is amazing!  (Celebrity are you listening?   Eric is the epitome of what concierges should aspire to! )  As an aside, we only had modest requests for our suite ( Feather pillows, choice of liquor, stocking of water in fridge) but we also had a larger request for a shore excursion which Eric managed to execute! YAY!  This is really an amazing prequel service to what I hope will be an fantastic cruise.

Happy and Safe travels,

Pam