We received an upgrade offer from TA, Should we take it?

mkkao924

Our 14-night Baltic cruise (on Rotterdam) is embarking this weekend, and apparently HAL have hard time filling up the cabin so we have been getting several emails offering upgrade.

We are currently in DA (Ocean View), and we are offered two options:

Neptune Suite for $899 per person, or

Vista Suite for $279 per person.

Is this a good deal that we should bite? Will we get even better offer when we check in at port?

We are OK with our current stateroom, but if the upgrade is a really good deal, then we don't mind paying a little bit more.

You aren't likely to get an upgrade offer at the port, so it is likely now or never. 
I would take the Vista Suite offer, so long as the cabin isn't too far forward. Are you able to get a list of available cabins to compare against a deck plan? If you can choose, then you will like the cabin. 

1 minute ago, CruiserBruce said:

I would take the Neptune. 

You ABSOLUTELY  aren't getting an upgrade at the pier. Not sure why you think you might.

Thanks Bruce.

This is our first HAL cruise. For Disney cruise, if the cabin is not sold out, then you can request a price quote for upgrade. I didn't realize HAL doesn't do that...

Just now, mkkao924 said:

Thanks Bruce.

This is our first HAL cruise. For Disney cruise, if the cabin is not sold out, then you can request a price quote for upgrade. I didn't realize HAL doesn't do that...

Very, very unlikely there will be any cabin available to upgrade you into when you arrive at the dock.

Our 14-night Baltic cruise (on Rotterdam) is embarking this weekend, and apparently HAL have hard time filling up the cabin so we have been getting several emails offering upgrade.

We are currently in DA (Ocean View), and we are offered two options:

Neptune Suite for $899 per person, or
Vista Suite for $279 per person.

Is this a good deal that we should bite? Will we get even better offer when we check in at port?

We are OK with our current stateroom, but if the upgrade is a really good deal, then we don't mind paying a little bit more.

If you are in the mood to negotiate. Offer them $700 for the Neptune. Be prepared to get turned down, but they have accepted counter offers in the past. If no one else bites at $899 they will circle back to you with a lower price offer.

On my upcoming 14 day cruise HAL wanted $1359 to go from a Vista to a Neptune (I passed on this), so your $899 from an oceanview to Neptune seems like a great deal to me for 14 days.

DO NOT DELAY - these deals go very quickly - I doubt its solely from your TA, but rather a HAL deal that they offer to many others on your cruise (it has to go through your TA though).

Edited by DaveOKC

3 hours ago, mkkao924 said:

Can I ask why you don't like forward cabin? I think most likely we will get the mid-ship to avoid movement.

Forward cabins have more movement than the other cabins on the ship---the further forward, the more movement. 
I prefer mid-ship, and aft would be my next choice. Forward is last on my list of where I want to be. 

Good luck to you with the upsell! Hope you get a great one! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I would go for the Neptune suite offer.

I completely 2nd that👍👍👍👍👍

Great offer!! We got an offer like that only once and when we finally decided to jump

on it someone was more lucky😞

I hope you can get it! Once we got a Neptune it was hard for us to go back!!

Smooth Sailings and Bon Voyage 

Denise😊

• Like 2